We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Herbal Energy Recommendations Options

fluhdoobel
#1 Posted : 9/21/2018 3:06:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone, I am looking for plants/herbs that have stimulating properties to them. Things that are generally safe to consume of course, with similar results to energising kratom strains. I am already aware of raw cocoa, cordyceps, ephedra, and ginseng, but I am curious if there are stronger, yet still safe alternatives to those listed. Or if not, ideally things that can be combined into a brew to give substantial energy. I also know phenethylamine is a good option, but I am not sure on the safety of doing it regularly. Also, I am not looking for any substantial mind-altering effects, just energy. If any suggestions give slight effects that's ok, just as long as a person would be able to function properly like do work with it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

BeJake
#2 Posted : 9/21/2018 3:25:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like very much guayusa (ilex guayusa) but i don't have any experience with kratom.

PsyDuckmonkey
#3 Posted : 10/22/2018 4:25:34 PM

witch

Well it's a shroom not a plant, but ophiocordyceps for the win. It's my favorite supplement, to be honest. It's not like other stimulants, as in it won't put your sympathetic nervous system into overdrive, in fact it's not a neurotropic at all. It just improves the cellular life functions of the body, increases ATP production (that's actually scientifically proven), and so reduces fatigue, makes you feel healthier and more capable...
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

grollum
#4 Posted : 10/22/2018 5:32:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
Well it's a shroom not a plant, but ophiocordyceps for the win. It's my favorite supplement, to be honest. It's not like other stimulants, as in it won't put your sympathetic nervous system into overdrive, in fact it's not a neurotropic at all. It just improves the cellular life functions of the body, increases ATP production (that's actually scientifically proven), and so reduces fatigue, makes you feel healthier and more capable...

Is this the shroom which grows inside insects and kills them?

lobo
#5 Posted : 10/22/2018 7:40:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Powder Coca Leaf... Is the best.Thumbs up

PsyDuckmonkey
#6 Posted : 10/24/2018 1:04:01 PM

witch

grollum wrote:
Is this the shroom which grows inside insects and kills them?

Yes! Big grin It's awesome.

Though if you want the natural harvested ones, which actually grew on a caterpillar, that shit is expensive. And I don't mean "aw man that's expensive" expensive, but rather "what the actual fuck" expensive. So I recommend getting cultivated.

I hear Chinese cultivated cordyceps tends to be better than American, something about using animal matter as a substrate rather than only grains.

lobo wrote:
Powder Coca Leaf... Is the best.Thumbs up

I only had the luck to get some Bolivian coca candies from a friend, and... yes I can totally second this. Love. But a bit hard to access outside South America. Pleased
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

ShamensStamen
#7 Posted : 10/24/2018 7:11:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Try Mucuna Pruriens. I've been taking a Mucuna standardized extract twice a day for about a year now, so far i really like it, it can help with energy (especially when paired with Caffeine/Coffee) but i use it to replenish Dopamine and Noradrenaline for my Autism/Aspergers, but it may have some interesting effects for you. Mucuna seems pretty safe and haven't noticed any side-effects yet. They say you should cycle it but i've just been taking it every day, works fine. Also maybe some B12.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 10/25/2018 3:01:50 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Is cordyceps meant to smell like a wet dog when you're cooking it (I have whole fruiting bodies)? Am I doing something wrong? Considering it was the cheap stuff from a Chinese supermarket, it's probably just inferior material, right? (Dammit!)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

RhythmSpring
#9 Posted : 10/26/2018 9:51:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Is cordyceps meant to smell like a wet dog when you're cooking it (I have whole fruiting bodies)? Am I doing something wrong? Considering it was the cheap stuff from a Chinese supermarket, it's probably just inferior material, right? (Dammit!)

Wait, no, REISHI smells like a wet dog when you're cooking it. What! This is awesome.

I guess it's the terpenes.

Wet dogs cultivate and reticulate microbiotic landscapes, perhaps the immune-modulating effects of medicinal mushroom terpenes have a similar effect and thus are perceived the same by the body.

weeeeeeee
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

dragonrider
#10 Posted : 10/28/2018 1:08:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

Wait, no, REISHI smells like a wet dog when you're cooking it. What! This is awesome.

I guess it's the terpenes.

Wet dogs cultivate and reticulate microbiotic landscapes, perhaps the immune-modulating effects of medicinal mushroom terpenes have a similar effect and thus are perceived the same by the body.

weeeeeeee

Laughing