We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pauses between extraction steps Options

WillieTheDude
#1 Posted : 10/24/2018 5:45:44 PM

Compound Collector

Hey Everyone! I'm back with more questions... Very happy

I'm preparing to start Cyb's max ion tekk and I have couple things that are not clear to me. Firstly, I have pulverized the bark using pestle so there is some fine powder but mostly shreded fibers. Now if I understand it right after freeze & thaw process is done I should sift the material, put it into 1l bottle and add fresh distilled water with vinegar to acidify, is that right?

To my second question. In Cyb's max ion tekk the acidification process takes at least 8 hours but the thing is I just don't have enough time to follow rest of the tekk on the same day. After I'm done with the 8 hour warm water bath, swirling etc. can I leave the bottle closed in room temperature and continue with the salting process approx. 18 hours later?

Thanks for any insight!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 10/25/2018 3:09:15 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The process is very forgiving of time restraints. Just do what you can, when you can.

The only caveat is to avoid leaving very basic solutions standing in glass (especially normal soda glass) for too long. Container failures are a nuisance to say the least.

And, on that note, if your water bath has cooled down and you want to warm your soup up again, take the utmost care to warm your container up s..l..o..w..l..y... to avoid breakage.
(I found out the hard way once, but at least my water bath was large enough to contain the volume of the base soup along with the heating water - which is fairly imperative that it should be.)

And, did you know that if you leave naphtha-extracted base soup standing for a month or more, trapped naphtha floats to the top and evaporates, leaving DMT crystals floating on the surface? Just as an indication of how flexible time scales can be with this stuff.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

WillieTheDude
#3 Posted : 10/25/2018 4:08:48 PM

Compound Collector

downwardsfromzero wrote:
The process is very forgiving of time restraints. Just do what you can, when you can.

The only caveat is to avoid leaving very basic solutions standing in glass (especially normal soda glass) for too long. Container failures are a nuisance to say the least.

And, on that note, if your water bath has cooled down and you want to warm your soup up again, take the utmost care to warm your container up s..l..o..w..l..y... to avoid breakage.
(I found out the hard way once, but at least my water bath was large enough to contain the volume of the base soup along with the heating water - which is fairly imperative that it should be.)

And, did you know that if you leave naphtha-extracted base soup standing for a month or more, trapped naphtha floats to the top and evaporates, leaving DMT crystals floating on the surface? Just as an indication of how flexible time scales can be with this stuff.

Hey, thanks a lot for elaborate response. I'm just going to cut the acidifying to 3hrs instead of 8 do the rest of the steps and crystallize on the same day overnight. Good to know for future experiments though.
About the heating... yeah I figured that too luckily not the hardway as I didn't trust the glass from the beginning.
Anyway I'm almost done acidifying and getting ready for the salting process. Hopefully I come back tomorrow with positive results. Wish me luck!

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 10/25/2018 4:15:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Good luck!

If your bark is good, you should be delighted Very happy

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

POST BALONE
#5 Posted : 10/28/2018 4:54:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

very good response to a question that i also had considered . Thumbs up

often as human beings we kinda know the answers to our questions but we ask despite coming off as needy . we ask to seek reassurance as to prevent regret . i feel this is nothing to be ashamed of . the pro's techs and experts were once beginers with the same questions . i would not judge some one for having a question . if i knew the answer i would do my best to assist them , no matter what the question and i have played this game many times as it relates to other things .

its part of being a flawed human being .

once you have experience and you know the answers to these sorts of beginner questions , being snotty , ignoring , being judgemental or mocking illustrates a few things about your character or lack of it .

thanks to both y'all and best of luck willie the dude !

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

SchwammerlJung
#6 Posted : 11/7/2018 2:26:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I got a question regarding pauses in between steps.
Is it ok to let the napthta root bark mix sit for a couple of days? I have the concern that the dmt in the non-polar layer would evaporate with the napthta.

leratiomyces
#7 Posted : 11/8/2018 6:37:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SchwammerlJung wrote:
I got a question regarding pauses in between steps.
Is it ok to let the napthta root bark mix sit for a couple of days? I have the concern that the dmt in the non-polar layer would evaporate with the napthta.

Your naphtha will evaporate, but your dmt won't.

If you need to have long periods during your multiple extractions, you are best off siphoning off the naphtha after the layers separate, then storing it in a covered container. Then do the next extraction when you have the next block of time available.

Hope that helps