We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilocybin Is a Gift Options

Oncewas
#1 Posted : 11/19/2009 6:18:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well I was thinking about how they prescribe dieing people to psilocybin to help them deal with the insecurities of death. I was thinking about how beautiful psilocybin is and how most people view death as so scary, and how it is just the end of a life.

Anyone who has taken a large dose of psilocybin mushrooms knows that the experience feels like what a person would consider a near-death experience. Or the maybe even the death experience. Don't believe me? Eat some until you feel full, or feel like regurgitating.

Teleporting to a world where the body is either not visible, or not important. A world were you are no longer; but unity amongst all things is the only truth. A type of existence through the soul one might deduce. Does psilocybin allow awareness through the soul, by a means of understanding connectivity with the universe and a user's place in it?

A plane of existence where eye's closed brings religious and spiritual imagery, reflected through perfect mathematical symmetry. Where fractal visions are infinite, and repeated through patterns. Alien, yet, so familiar. Where things such as time are just a toy, for which perspective is to play with.

A user may experience time slowing down. Is the brain on over-drive, or is time an imaginary thing man-kind instantiated in an attempt to better understand this universe? Or is psilocybin really smart enough to slow down time for the evil drug ingester to enjoy it's inherent dark properties for seemingly longer period of time?(lol yaaaa right)

Psilocybin tolerance is very easily gained. Is it by coincidence, or does this substance have an anti-abuse mechanism built into it? Was this organism created as a tool for human beings to revert back to a zen understanding of the human experience?

Or is it a freak accident of nature through evolution? I argue that there is no evolutionary purpose of psilocybin presence in fungi. It may ward off some animals, even so, there are more insects that are immune to it's effects that find psilocybin mushrooms a delicasy and a home(Slugs especially).

Not to mention psilocybin is present in the mycellium(the "roots" of the mushroom), which are unexposed to animals. In fact some mushrooms have "stones", or formations within the mycellial network. These stones form beneath the ground and are fairly potent in psilocybin. Certainly that which lives under the ground is not used to ward off deer from having a quick snack.

Psilocybin mushrooms can be grown on newspaper, on dried plant material(even cannabis). They decompose the dead, and turn it into life, leaving the soils rich again for other life forms to use healthily. Some mushrooms can even decompose oil spills into simple sugars. If that isn't a metaphor, what is? No surprise in this being an effective treatment for those fearing death or struggling with life and looking for healing.

So what are psilocybin mushrooms for?
Us.

Not sure if this really belongs here. I think it does over philosophy. Cuz anyone interested in taking these should read this. In my opinion.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 11/19/2009 7:05:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

mushrooms are amazing..they really seem to impart knowledge to me that I cant imagine comming from me..

about 3 months ago I took some psilocybin mushrooms in a tea and I had incredible visions..one of the visions was that I experienced myself as a mushroom growing along the forest floor..from mycelium network up through to fruiting body..like I was being shown it's life cycle through it's eyes..
Long live the unwoke.

Oncewas
#3 Posted : 11/19/2009 7:29:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That sounds beautiful!

I have had an experience semi-similar, though I wasn't a mushroom. I was an ancient tree. My skin was bark-like and ever growing.

I know this post is kind of preaching to the choir here at nexus. But I just thought about it, and felt it was worth-while enough to post. So thanks for reading Very happy