We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cold brewing Rue? Options

Terrence_Mechanic
#1 Posted : 10/23/2018 5:37:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Any thoughts on grinding the seeds and putting them in a jar with water, and a few days later using a cold brew machine to make tea? It seems to be potent.

I'm a simple man.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

rOm
#2 Posted : 10/23/2018 9:25:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you done it ? I haven't but it should work. might be cgood and avoid long boils ( althought ground rue you boil like 3x30 minutes so it's not as long as caapi brew thankfully ).
Let us know how your expriments goes ! I might try that !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Jees
#3 Posted : 10/23/2018 10:29:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cold water extraction works, done that few times even in fridge cold to avoid other plant matter extraction.
Used to drip a drop of phosphoric acid in a pot of water making it's pH like 3 to 4 and used some of that water to poor on 4 grams of very finely ground seeds, this is mandatory it must be preferable powder. Shake now and then, after 24 to 48 hours filter and drink, works like a charm, very powerful!
This minimal phosphoric acid you won't taste, but ascorbic acid would be fine too, and I've not tested it but plain distilled or demin water is probably just as good.
Don't keep it for a week, it'll grow mold.
You can do very same to MHRB powder, the complete fridge cold water extracted anahuasca is very powerful, uber simple and you have a full spectrum of actives. I've never been able, nor found it useful, to exceed 7 gr mimo powder that way.
The taste? Omg Crying or very sad