We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Noman's Tek Options

kingn3eo
#1 Posted : 10/22/2018 7:03:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all! Noman's Tek was my first and most successful Tek used, does anyone know (roughly) the amount of MHRB needed to extract 5 or more grams of spice? Or is there another good Tek with a higher yeild? Thanks all Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

pastanostra
#2 Posted : 10/22/2018 11:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

your final yield depends from your source material, if your plant matters contains 1% alks, you can't get 2%.

A proven tek that could yields very much is cyb hybrid AB or Max Ion tek.
But it all depend from your source material !

Consider in MHRB 1 or 2% of goodies in.
So you should extract between 250g to 500g of bark to achieve your goal.

A thing that improve yields is pressure cooking, you cook your bark 2/3 times in a PC then base your brew 'reduce to a workable amount before basing), it seems to completly destroy bark cells and release your alk efficiently.

pete666
#3 Posted : 10/23/2018 6:23:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

STB (which Noman's is too) is able to get everything out. Question is what is more important, whether purity or amount. If purity, Noman's is ok. If you are after amount, I would let soak the bark with 1/3 of suggested water and lye for 24 hours. Then add remaining 2/3 of water and continue. You can swap naphtha for toluene, which extracts wider spectrum and more alkaloids in general. And you can try vigorous mixing rather than slow moves. For many barks there won't be any emulsion if following the 1:1:15 ratio (mhrb:lye:water). For every pull there can be more mixing/settling cycles, I use 3 cycles for first pull 6 for second pull and 10 for third pull.
If you decide for toluene, be aware it needs another technique than freeze-precip to get alkaloids out.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

kingn3eo
#4 Posted : 11/1/2018 6:36:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pete666 wrote:
STB (which Noman's is too) is able to get everything out. Question is what is more important, whether purity or amount. If purity, Noman's is ok. If you are after amount, I would let soak the bark with 1/3 of suggested water and lye for 24 hours. Then add remaining 2/3 of water and continue. You can swap naphtha for toluene, which extracts wider spectrum and more alkaloids in general. And you can try vigorous mixing rather than slow moves. For many barks there won't be any emulsion if following the 1:1:15 ratio (mhrb:lye:water). For every pull there can be more mixing/settling cycles, I use 3 cycles for first pull 6 for second pull and 10 for third pull.
If you decide for toluene, be aware it needs another technique than freeze-precip to get alkaloids out.

Thank you! Thats a great answer. I'm gonna have to try toluene with my next extraction (may be a while I've had lots of work) keep an eye out ill be posting the results asap!