We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Thoughts on roasting Rue seeds? Options

ShamensStamen
#1 Posted : 10/16/2018 4:10:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

What temps and time do you roast your seed for? Do you use the stove top or an oven? Does a tea from roasted seed taste alright? I know roasted Rue definitely smells better than the raw seed, just wondering if it'd taste more palatable, maybe drinking it like coffee?

I've roasted Rue seeds before in the oven but i think i may have burnt them a little bit, been thinking about roasting some more here soon and was wondering the best way to go about it.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ShamensStamen
#2 Posted : 10/17/2018 3:40:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone?

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 10/17/2018 9:43:04 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Roasting the seeds in a heavy-based pan with constant stirring is what I've tried. Let your nose be your guide, exact timings will be in low single figure minutes at the most.

As for the taste, it's still Peganum harmala but it tastes a bit more nutty.

Some science somewhere showed searing seeds slightly shrinks substance salvage size (sorry) Confused

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Intezam
#4 Posted : 10/20/2018 3:19:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

roasting espand is usually done so the seeds can be ground moar easily, because rue seeds can be really tough, typicaly for herbal unani medicines such as majoon esphand sokhtni perhaps due to electrical grinder weren't around when these recipies were created, note how the hakeem mixes it with an almost insane amount of nutmeg...Laughing

...about the rue he says to roast it lightly, until it get a bit red (red here means light brown) just heat them while stirring, until the seeds get a bit more brittle....do not roast them like coffee, even tho its called "roasted" ("sokhtni" )