We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Bufotenine IPA Extraction & Bufojam Changa Tek Options

Jorkest
#1 Posted : 11/17/2009 10:43:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

This is a very basic extraction tek for bufotenine and also bufojam changa(read below). It will also go into how to make a good bufotenine changa mix for it. Which seems to help the experiences awesome factor. The purification of the bufotenine is done by multiple toastings, which vaporizes some of the not so nice alkaloids and possibly turns bufotenine n-oxide back into bufotenine.

The bufotenine extraction tek was found on the "wow oh wow bufotenine success!!" thread by fractal enchantment, but I wrote this up to put it on the Wiki and made some little additions.

This tek will create one gram of bufotenine changa.

Step 1: Toast 40(about 8g) Anadenanthera colubrina seeds at 450-500 degrees F for 30 minutes.

Step 2: Grind your seeds up and add 1-2g of sodium carbonate and just enough water to get it wet. Mix this around really well for 5-10 minutes. Then dry on a hotplate at about 450-500 degrees F. Once dry, leave on hotplate at same temp for 20-30 minutes to toast the freebased seeds again.

Step 3: Take some 99% IPA and pour enough in to cover the seeds. Let sit for an hour while mixing it up every so often. Pour off and filter IPA and then repeat this step at least one more time with fresh IPA.

Step 4: Once you have filtered your IPA, evaporate it on a hotplate around 450-500 degrees and once its completely evaporated allow the bufotenine to sit on the hotplate for another 20-30 minutes. This toasts it again.

Step 5: After you finish that last toast, pull again on the stuff with fresh 99% IPA, this will separate anything that was burnt or toasted and give you a slightly purer extract. It's not completely necesarry but I think it helps. Then what you do with this IPA after you pick up all the bufotenine, is filter it again and collect for the next step, which is to make mix of herbs to evaporate your IPA onto.

Step 6: I recommend these herbs for their flavor and character. They are the best combo of herbs I have found for bufotenine. Mix 250mg HIGH quality weed(if you dont have any weed mullien will do) 250mg peppermint, 200mg lavender flowers, 300mg caapi vine. Then take 10-20g of caapi vine and grind/shred and soak it in 99% IPA for a day or two and then combine this IPA with your bufotenine soaked IPA. If you would rather just put some harmala alkaloids in, that works great too. Usually around 100mg harmalas are good for this changa mix. Anyway, combine the bufotenine IPA with the caapi IPA or just add harmala alkaloids to your bufotenine IPA. Then evaporate this onto your changa mix. Stir it around as it evaporates to evenly spread the bufotenine.

Step 7: Once you do not smell any IPA this stuff is ok to smoke. A dose depends on how strong your seeds are, but usually just smoke it until you dont want to smoke anymore. Do it slowly over the course of 5-10 minutes, taking long slow hits. Bufotenine is a bit harsher to smoke compared to DMT but the herbs in this mix help a lot. The effects come on slower than dmt and last a bit longer especially with the harmala alkaloids.

*Optional step for Bufojam Changa*

Bufojam Changa is something that I recommend everyone try. Bufojam changa is a mixture of the above bufo changa but with an added 1g of freebase DMT or jungle spice. I recommend the jimjam spice from my D-limonene and Fumaric Acid tek. This jungle spice mixed with bufotenine changa is absolutely stunning. The DMT really helps the experience and made it VERY similar to ayahuasca in its duration and effects. This is the only smokeable mix that has ever given me such a similar experience to ayahuasca or pharmahuasca.

So, to infuse your bufotenine changa with DMT or jungle spice, just put 1g of your spice into some 99% IPA or acetone and then evaporate it onto your bufotenine changa. Stir this as it evaporates to spread the dmt around evenly. This creates the bufojam changa.

Another thing you can do is just create the bufotenine changa and instead of adding DMT directly to it, you can make a DMT changa using the same recipe. So, just add 1 gram of dmt to 250mg good weed or mullein, 250mg peppermint, 200mg lavender, 300mg caapi vine and 100mg harmala alkaloids or 10-20g caapi IPA extract. That way you can have either just DMT, just bufotenine, or you could combine the two together in any ratio that you want. This method will give you a bit more freedom and you will be able to choose exactly what sort of experience you want to have.

One dose of this is about 50-100mg of herb. I recommend you mix this together with enough weed, or some other herb, to roll a joint. This helps the speed of intake so that you dont get it all at once. I'm sure if you tried smoking this all at once you would have a VERY powerful breakthrough that would last quite some time, but it was so enjoyable stretched out I recommend smoking it slowly from a joint. Was very much like doing oral dmt. The peak effects lasted probably about 2-3 hours, maybe more. Smoking the joint can take up to an hour, because after a certain point you just kind of fall into visions. But, you can keep dosing little bits to stay at the peak by just lighting up the joint again and taking a few more hits. As you get closer to a roach it becomes more powerful every time you hit, because all the alkaloids have been running from the heat.

When this was tested out the first time, effects were still noticed after 12 hours. There was mild flickering of the vision similar to low doses of bufotenine and also slight morphing to surfaces. It's best smoked at night in darkness, but I'm sure it would be great to smoke and walk through the forest.

Good luck all! Have fun and stay safe!
it's a sound

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Phlux-
#2 Posted : 11/17/2009 10:58:42 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Awesome tek dude - Cant wait to try it.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 11/17/2009 11:34:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

me neither!

In 2 weeks Ill give some feedback, it sounds awesome and im sure it will be Smile

Madcap
#4 Posted : 11/18/2009 1:43:27 AM

illudium Q-36

well then.......

sounds awesome.

another reason to order cebil
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Observant
#5 Posted : 11/18/2009 2:08:40 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Could activated charcoal be of any use before evaporating the IPA
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

SpasticSpaz
#6 Posted : 11/18/2009 2:16:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So what's the ratio of Bufo Etract:Harmaloids:DMT for bufojam?

OriginalFace
#7 Posted : 11/18/2009 2:20:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bufojam ChangaStop

Now that just sounds so yummyVery happy

I want to be happy,
But I can't be happy,
'till I make you happy, too Pleased

In the province of the mind, there are no limits.

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 11/18/2009 2:42:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

if you have seeds that are 4% bufotenine you will have a ratio of about 300mg bufotenine to ~100mg harmalas to 1000mg dmt

so if you have a gram of herbs plus 1400mg of alkaloids that will be a total of 2.4g of final material...

so that means if you smoke 50mg of the bufojam changa you will be getting ~6mg bufotenine ~2mg harmalas ~20mg dmt...this would be a low dose if you smoked it in a joint with another herb mixed in..but i bet you could probably smoke this in a few quick doses and have a fairly powerful experience...granted it probably wont last as long but it will probably be pretty neat..

so that means if you smoke 100mg you will be getting 12mg bufotenine 4mg harmalas and 40mg dmt...and i would think this would be quite the experience...personally i think its amazing that this tiny amount of harmalas works so well..i guess its just a synergy between all three..its quite something

the best thing you can do though is just to mess with your dosage...if you need more harmalas put more in..but this is what worked very well for me..so its a good place to start anyway..
it's a sound

Oncewas
#9 Posted : 11/18/2009 2:49:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for this jorkest! Be sure to give it a shot later.

azrael
#10 Posted : 11/18/2009 5:27:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So swim started an A/B on some Vilca, did 5 pulls with acetic acid. Two questions:

i) Can he jump over to the IPA method above? Maybe by reducing the acidic solution to a very syrupy consistency, adding sodium carbonate until pH 11-12 and proceeding with Step 2?

ii) What happened to using calcium hydroxide? I thought the calcium made a superior bufo product?

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 11/18/2009 5:33:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you i think you could reduce and then add sodium carbonate and just continue from there..

one of the reasons for not using calcium hydroxide is because if you happen to leave it freebasing for too long...the calcium hydroxide seems to damage the bufotenine..granted you can still use it..but you would only want it to freebase the mix for like an hour or two..and then you would want to dry it..on a hotplate as quickly as possible

so far we dont know how to replicate the good calcium hydroxide reaction..its there somewhere but there is some variable we arent aware of yet..
it's a sound

endlessness
#12 Posted : 11/18/2009 11:27:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

does anybody know what happen if you dissolve bufotenine in acidic solution and then base it? Doesnt bufotenine precipitate? I looked around and pKa of bufotenine is high, like 9.something... but if one makes a strong sodium carbonate solution it should get high enough to precip (2 points over the pka) without risking using some too high base and destroying it, right?

I mean, the xlogp of harmaline is lower than of bufotenine and anyways it precipitates in harmala xtractions in a basic solution, so why wouldnt bufo?

Im just considering what kind of experiments one could do with bufotenine, maybe increase a bit more our knowledge on this substance.. Like one could dissolve in acidic water, use zinc dust to see if it would turn back any possible bufotenine n-oxide into bufotenine, and either evap acid/freebase/IPA, or base the water, hope bufo precipitates, filter..

Other things to do is mix bufotenine with hydrogen peroxide, see what forms (nauseating n-oxide?)... then try to put it back into acidic solution and zinc and see if changes back... edit: according to Entropymancer in another forum (whereTF is he these days anyways?), its tested and shown that zinc dust DOES turn bufotenine n-oxide into bufotenine! If its the n-oxide that causes nausea, then I think this is pretty interesting to try!

Or one can just shut up, wait for seeds to arrive and make the bufojam changa tek and enjoy Very happy

nadir
#13 Posted : 11/18/2009 2:23:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

great tek! Thanks! will try as soon as cebil arrives.
Jorkest, you've mentioned dissolving harmala alks in IPA (or making a IPA Caapi extract). Won't that turn alkies into harmala red? Will that be active?
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 11/18/2009 5:43:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the reason why harmala red doesnt really form is because harmala red is when HARMALINE is extracted with alcohol...but with caapi the main alkaloids are harmine and THH...there is a tiny bit of harmaline but it shouldnt mess up the extraction...

i have used this method and it does work very well for potentiation..now if you were using rue seeds...then you might get quite a bit of harmala red because rue seeds are full of harmaline...compared to caapi

so if you are just going to put harmalas in your changa...dont use harmaline..and if you DO...

and harmala red seems to only form from harmaline HCL...im not sure about harmaline freebase

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=2378

the reason IPA is used to extract the seeds..is because it seems a bit more selective than acetone is..and might help keep some of the nausea ridden alkies out
it's a sound

nadir
#15 Posted : 11/18/2009 5:54:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok, so maybe swim will try separating harmine from harmaline and dissolve it in acetone.
Thanks!
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

gammagore
#16 Posted : 11/18/2009 10:29:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is soo cool, thank you Jorkets & fractal enchantment.

Now just to source some 99% IPA.

maxzar100
#17 Posted : 11/19/2009 1:03:14 AM

Earth Child

How is the nausea with this bufo chang?
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

jamie
#18 Posted : 11/19/2009 1:11:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^nausea is there but only for the first few minutes, mostly constriction though is what I get..then it fades and the trip really starts..for me anyway. I just smoke my dose slowly over a few minutes to lessen the side effects..it's not nearly as bad as the unextracted snuff though.
Long live the unwoke.

maxzar100
#19 Posted : 11/19/2009 1:40:17 AM

Earth Child

hmmmmm.
Can anyone who does bufotenine for a long term basis, are there any harmful longterm effects.
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

jamie
#20 Posted : 11/19/2009 1:42:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have not felt any..I dont repeatedly dose every day though..I have been using it once a day every 2 or 3 days..and I take a week off after a while of that.

I know that the LD50 for bufotenine is higher than DMT..so potentially DMT is more toxic all at once than 5-ho-DMT..dunno if that is on rats or humans though..

Maybe ron could tell you more.
Long live the unwoke.

123NEXT»