We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
Benefits of OBE's & Meditation Options

Ufostrahlen
#81 Posted : 5/5/2016 6:36:30 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Larry Page (Google founder) wrote:
You know what it’s like to wake up in the middle of the night with a vivid dream? And you know how, if you don’t have a pencil and pad by the bed to write it down, it will be completely gone the next morning?

Well, I had one of those dreams when I was 23. When I suddenly woke up, I was thinking: what if we could download the whole web, and just keep the links and… I grabbed a pen and started writing! Sometimes it is important to wake up and stop dreaming. I spent the middle of that night scribbling out the details and convincing myself it would work. Soon after, I told my advisor, Terry Winograd, it would take a couple of weeks to download the web – he nodded knowingly, fully aware it would take much longer but wise enough to not tell me. The optimism of youth is often underrated! Amazingly, I had no thought of building a search engine. The idea wasn’t even on the radar. But, much later we happened upon a better way of ranking webpages to make a really great search engine, and Google was born. When a really great dream shows up, grab it!

http://googlepress.blogs...versity-of-michigan.html
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

obliguhl
#82 Posted : 9/30/2017 11:41:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This was probably the most prfound one yet.
I had taken 5-htp the night beforre, woke up wioth a 1-2 hour seleep benefit, had a coffee and went back to sleep. Thhe vibrations would start and come in waves as usual. I'd eventually remember to go beyond the buzzing by relaxing more into it. Soon i'd discover that i coould somehow prevent the rather destructive "frequency buzz" in my ears by imagining lines like arrows coming from the side in a slight angle, sort of "tightening" the signal. This way i was able to completly go beyond the earbuzz, and feel only the bodily sensation, could make it grow sronger and stronger by shortening the period beween wave highs..so basically pulsating at a higher frequency. TRhis way, i could sort of "lock in" that state and make it more stable. This way i could experience it for at least half an hour.

At first i was expeecting to be transported to some place or to see something...but i slipped gradually into a more and more phantastical, real life state iin which i was able to dream myself into wonderous situations...not will myself, but let stuff happen with childlike wonder. Slight flashes of thought would lead into things happening like starting to communicate in neon-handwriting with someone "Hello, how are you?" was the first sentence. But i could also make objects appear like colorful balls of thick marshmallow consistency and half-liquid core, sort of like alien potatoes. I could open my eyes at one point, my astral eyes and examine parts of my room on a micro level, percieving the wallpaper as a living morphing being, walking to the fridge trying to eat an egg with its shell..seeing this new real real world as a playground a different chance to try what is usually impossible to try...

But always with a level of fear, because i wasn't sure wether or not i was awake or not. "What if you are just awake but insane?"

I played some music, but the band played another song which was a truly magical tune...the same song but transposed into another dimension. It was still the same song even though it was unrecognizable judging from the melody alone. But one could experience sameness still. The singer would also sing profound sounding poetry like "Patience is the green water of eternity" - i pondered willing myself to wake up so i would not forget what was being said....but decided against it.

After "waking up" most of my experience was gone instantly ..strangely enough since i was already "awake" in this out of body state in which i was just in another body, in a more magical, psychedelic copy of our world...

Lowtones
#83 Posted : 9/22/2018 6:02:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad that I found this thread, as I feel like I have been borderline out of body a few times. Last night I was with a friend, we had smoked some high quality cannabis and I was having a small glass of nice scotch Smile The cannabis was much more psychoactive/trippy than usual (perhaps because one of my recent DMT experiences used the "sandwich" method with cannabis as the herb?) and I was incredibly relaxed, sitting back into a comfortable chair. I had been looking at a modern painting for a while, when all of the sudden I could kind of feel my consciousness pulling forward out of my body. I could feel my friend's aura, and his wife's who was upstairs asleep. I didn't travel out of the vicinity or even move much, but definitely felt as if I was standing a couple of feet outside of my own body.

This type of experience has happened on ayahuasca with me as well. On a stronger dose I believe that it was really about to send me out of my body, it was like I could feel a thread pulling my consciousness out from the top of my head into the "heavens." As this was my first intense experience, I fought that sensation because it felt like I was dying in a way. Not physically, but that separation of one's consciousness from one's body can certainly be alarming. Once I get more regular with my meditation practice I may play with this in "regular" consciousness.

xss27
#84 Posted : 9/22/2018 6:49:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to have regular OBE's and associated experiences during my younger years up until my late teens, after which it has become far less frequent unless dedicated energy is put towards it. Lost interest in it too when it became apparent through experience that the mind was capable of misleading and distorting things, making it hard to discern exactly what was occurring. In the end they were interesting experiences, definitely shattered my worldview from an early age though which was quite difficult to integrate.

The experience generally seems incredibly porous. You may start off completely lucid and aware having just slipped out of the body in your room, what is known as a real-time OBE, and then in the blink of an eye the experience has shifted into a semi-lucid dream. I found my concentration and ability to keep focused was limited to what seemed like around 10 seconds. If I didn't have a clear agenda or strong desire then it would subside and my mind would immediately resort to auto-pilot. Get too excited and emotional and then that would end the experience also. It seems to require laser like focus of a detached nature. Least that's my experience.

The best one I ever had was becoming aware as a point of witnessing travelling down a psychedelic tunnel of geometric patterns in the abyss of space. It was like closed eye MDMA visuals. Crisp, clear, definitely real and not a dream. My personality was absent and I was just watching things. Very strange experience.

Technique wise all I ever did was as I was falling asleep 'holding on' to my awareness, the feeling 'I am', that's the best way I can describe it. Never tried to visualize or do anything. Just maintain awareness, let the body go into auto-pilot mode. I have done it so much that to this day if I lay down to sleep I'll start snoring and be like "Oh shit, I'm snoring!" inside my mind. I think that's the real secret to all of this, and to a lot more - maintaining awareness. One time I maintained awareness in between dreams and everything was totally silent and still, no thoughts, memories, nothing.. that experience ranks in my top 3 life experiences, it was beautiful.

NotTwo
#85 Posted : 10/18/2018 12:55:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

xss27 wrote:
Technique wise all I ever did was as I was falling asleep 'holding on' to my awareness, the feeling 'I am', that's the best way I can describe it. Never tried to visualize or do anything. Just maintain awareness, let the body go into auto-pilot mode. I have done it so much that to this day if I lay down to sleep I'll start snoring and be like "Oh shit, I'm snoring!" inside my mind. I think that's the real secret to all of this, and to a lot more - maintaining awareness. One time I maintained awareness in between dreams and everything was totally silent and still, no thoughts, memories, nothing.. that experience ranks in my top 3 life experiences, it was beautiful.

I had an experience last week and then again this afternoon where I sat in meditation for an hour or so and waited until my awareness was deep, constant and relaxed and then vaped dmt. I have taken dmt regularly over the last 4 or 5 years (maybe a couple of hundred times in total) but these two experiences have been the most important for me amongst all these times. As the dmt hits there is a huge pull to go off into the imagery but it's entirely possible to maintain complete awareness of the pure aliveness of the moment without getting sucked in. At this point the awareness multiplies massively and becomes the source of being. There is complete relaxation and inner silence.

At this point I had a profound insight into how our plane of existence works. The ultimate awareness/consciousness is always there right up to the level of godhead. The craving for existence as a separate being is a kind of yielding of awareness in the direction of obfuscation. Our desire (I don't like to use that word but I can't come up with a better one) causes us to drop out of pure awareness into a plane of existence. We think our everyday world is the only one we can drop into but with dmt we also have the option to drop into a vastly different world. But in a way any world we drop into is a forsaking of our essential nature. Bizarrely we can exist in this world but not be caught by it. By accepting awareness as prime but living in the apparent duality of being a person, something very beautiful is created.

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

«PREV345