We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Canada expected to be first G20 country to legalize marijauana for personal use Options

Loveall
#1 Posted : 6/6/2018 7:22:57 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Canada is set to give it's citizens back basic freedoms to access nature. Freedoms no government has the right to take away in the first place.

Vote is tomorrow. More details in the link below.

https://www.theguardian....legal?CMP=share_btn_link

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Northerner
#2 Posted : 6/7/2018 1:24:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wooo Canada!

I love it how the scientists apparently have no hard data on how it effects people. Laughing

I don't even smoke the stuff, but I'm all for freedom.

Go Canada! Love
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 6/7/2018 3:16:37 AM

Come what may

That is great eh!! Go Canada!!

Hopefully the hoser governments of the world take note on what Canada is doing here!

Any government that does not allow it's citizens to smoke weed if they wanna can shove off eh!

Thumbs up

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

null24
#4 Posted : 6/7/2018 2:55:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

OK so maybe we should contribute our old slogan to y'all canucks. The Land of the Free© is an anachronism here...

Get out and vote up there!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Loveall
#5 Posted : 6/8/2018 12:41:19 PM

❤️‍🔥

It passed, but now it is amendment time. Unfortunately, one of the ammenents is significant,

From: http://www.cbc.ca/news/p...-passes-senate-1.4697124

"One amendment would allow provinces to prohibit home cultivation of cannabis if they so choose, rather than accept the four marijuana plants per dwelling allowed under the bill."

So the passed Bill and ammendmets go back to the house. They will need to accept or reject each one and send that back to the Senate.

The bill has passed though, now it's all about finalizing the ammenents and implementing the new law.

I listened to the debate last night before the vote (stream from the Canadian government).

Those in favor of continued criminalization of a plant where spreading the usual fear and missinformation to suppress freedom, and painted themselves as the saviours of others that did not know any better and could not be trusted with their own choices. They painted themselves as enlightened souls with benevolent concern for otners and doing a great good by limiting their choices (it was VERY sad to hear these fascists geting an applause).

Those in favor of legalization were pointing at the practically of it all (controlling the drug better after legalization, revenues from taxing it, stopping the damage to society from criminalizing peaceful citizens, etc). No one I heard stood up for basic the freedom of personal choice and access to nature. That was very dissapointing.

Overall, a small step forward, but we are far from getting to the bottom of the problem of the war on drugs: (1) recognizing the fundamental freedom of the individual to make their own personal choices and pursue their own happiness by having a relationship with nature, may it be spiritual and/or recreational, and (2) recognizing the fundamental ignorance we have about nature and how ridiculous it is that we would consider ourselves, a part of nature, arrogant enough to have the right to make another part of nature illegal.

Jagube
#6 Posted : 6/20/2018 8:22:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall
#7 Posted : 10/17/2018 12:40:23 PM

❤️‍🔥

Nexians, we have cause to celebrate increased human freedoms. Canada's marijuana legalization is complete. This is good progress for the basic deeply personal human right to access and interact with nature.

I wish I could have been there.

"People in Canada are cheering, enduring long lines and honking their car horns in support as the country's first marijuana dispensaries open their doors Wednesday." (From this news article)

Jees
#8 Posted : 10/17/2018 1:25:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up Love

jbark
#9 Posted : 10/17/2018 2:04:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yup. My country. Second country to do so after - Uruguay!!

Today is the day. Online stores, brick and mortar shops (3 in Montreal - in Quebec, the stores are run by the government. Each province chooses how they distribute and regulate), staff trained for harm reduction and with a deep knowledge of the different strains and their effects, 30g personal carry limit (after which, there are fines), permission to grow at home (EXCEPT in Quebec Mad , and, I believe New Brunswick), smoking permitted wherever smoking tobacco is allowed and edibles legal in one year (including a beer like beverage with THC that is being developed by several companies and should be sold, eventually, in bars.

Next: psychedelics, I hope... but doubt.

The legalization thing, in the scales, is a great thing, but there are downsides to it also.

Cheers,

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

dragonrider
#10 Posted : 10/17/2018 2:28:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is just great.

I guess we can expect to see a lot less tourists from north america now, here in the netherlands Laughing