We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Miracles and DMT as a "supernatural" tool Options

brazilman
#1 Posted : 10/11/2018 10:39:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone here believe in the possibility of what are known as miracles, supernatural phenomena, and in the power of DMT as a tool to help access such things? Or is everyone of the opinion that it's basically just a "psychological" tool? By miracles I mean things like physical healing (not just emotional or psychological), precognition, physical injuring (I've seen in a documentary the natives talk about how the shamans send "magic darts" accross the forest against their enemies), contacting the dead, learning actual useful information in hyperspace, stuff like that.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jees
#2 Posted : 10/12/2018 12:05:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Note that there has been made money spreading strong stories, keeping them alive, selling books, pumping up ego's or status or (social) recognition or compelling credibility in both modern and old (native) context. The human conditions also affecting the entheogenic world.

This stands outside of what the experience actually means, which is personal, contradicting, evasive, not easily to frame into a general consensus. The most literal addressable magic I've noticed is residual personal change outside the experiences itself, but induced by them, thus indirectly. Just my 2 cents.

brazilman
#3 Posted : 10/12/2018 12:55:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yea, sure, of course people are going to say what they are going to say, and it doesn't mean it's true.

Jees wrote:
The most literal addressable magic I've noticed is residual personal change outside the experiences itself, but induced by them, thus indirectly. Just my 2 cents.

If you mean psychological, or caused by psychological change (an example being, the person gets fit because they start exercising), then that is no magic at all. Which is fine and all, obviously that still has value, and I'm not looking to impose a belief in miracles on anyone, or pretend that they exist when they really don't. I'm also not looking for "scientific" proof. But it does seem to me that miracles are real, that they are caused by shifts in consciousness, and that DMT is a very powerful tool to shift consciousness. I would like to hear from people that believe they have experienced, or at least believe in the potential for such things.

Fidelsbeard
#4 Posted : 10/12/2018 5:58:19 PM

The Life You Ordered has Arrived

How does it "seem" to you that miracles are real?

Jees
#5 Posted : 10/12/2018 7:24:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

brazilman wrote:
...If you mean psychological... then that is no magic at all.

The psychological is part of it, yet you can't just say that it's "only" psychological. No course or treatment of strict psychological nature would have such results. There is more to it.

brazilman wrote:
...miracles are real, that they are caused by shifts in consciousness, and that DMT is a very powerful tool to shift consciousness...

Yes it has everything to do with the effluents of shifting in consciousness.

But feel free to dismiss a personality transformation as miraculous. I hope you find your stellar goosebumps showcase miracle to drool over Pleased . I'm certainly listening along.

benzyme
#6 Posted : 10/12/2018 8:16:20 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but all phenomena called "miracles" are merely misunderstood/can't be explained.
I entertain the metaphysical realm, but that term is a vernacular construct of dogma.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 10/12/2018 8:18:46 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
If you mean psychological, or caused by psychological change (an example being, the person gets fit because they start exercising), then that is no magic at all.

That depends entirely on how one understands magic, or what one considers it to be. Manipulating entire societies by means of psychological control could easily be argued to be a form of magic.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

benzyme
#8 Posted : 10/12/2018 8:23:26 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:
If you mean psychological, or caused by psychological change (an example being, the person gets fit because they start exercising), then that is no magic at all.

That depends entirely on how one understands magic, or what one considers it to be. Manipulating entire societies by means of psychological control could easily be argued to be a form of magic.

ha, absolutely.
Our gov't (as well as many other gov'ts) has resorted to sleight-of-hand shenanigans for a long time. The president is the distraction in the foreground.

"Oh what tangled webs we weave, when at first we practice to deceive." ~ William Shakespeare
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

brazilman
#9 Posted : 10/12/2018 10:03:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
The psychological is part of it, yet you can't just say that it's "only" psychological. No course or treatment of strict psychological nature would have such results. There is more to it.

Can you elaborate? If it is merely a "personality transformation", then by definition it is "only" psychological. You may claim no modern day talking therapy would have yielded such results but that doesn't really matter, talking therapy is mostly bullshit anyway.

brazilman
#10 Posted : 10/12/2018 10:07:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but all phenomena called "miracles" are merely misunderstood/can't be explained.
I entertain the metaphysical realm, but that term is a vernacular construct of dogma.

Well sure, at the foundation, nature is simply what is, and miracles if they are, are entirely natural phenomena. However, we have a materialistic idea of how the world works and is, which is a fairly good model. Supernatural simply means "above" that model, operating at another level entirely. What do YOU mean by "I entertain the metaphysical realm"?

brazilman
#11 Posted : 10/12/2018 10:07:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps, it's just not the form I'm talking about.

benzyme
#12 Posted : 10/12/2018 10:31:18 PM

analytical chemist

brazilman wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps, it's just not the form I'm talking about.

scientifically-speaking, I know there exists phenomena that is not explainable with the current scientific model. I don't discount that said phenomena exists, nor do I observe that it violates the first law of thermodynamics.