We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mixing technique - barbotation Options

GreenDMT
#1 Posted : 10/6/2018 5:47:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Nexians. This summer swim meet some friends and the told that they don't mix all over instead they blow in solution air by mouth ( I guess it can be replace by some kind of pump) this will give a better mixing of solution, the flow must be not so hard just few bubbles and also mixing the clock wise the silicone flexible pipe, for one washing he used to blow like 2 hours but it will get very saturated ready to freeze pp. Whats other opinion? Does anyone heard of it?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

pastanostra
#2 Posted : 10/7/2018 11:42:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not a chemical expert but if i understood correctly, i think it depend on wich step you apply that. In general if dmt oxidize with air, adding more air than air naturally occuring in the room may accelerate the process of oxidization.

How does your swimmer applied this ?

GreenDMT
#3 Posted : 10/10/2018 11:39:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

He blowed air in a base soup with naphta. he also was concern about oxidation, he now try to find some inert gas which he can automize somehow(otherwise which we exhale is ostly CO2). its little hard to blow air by mouth 2 hours with little break for one washing

Jees
#4 Posted : 10/11/2018 4:33:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cute idea.
But the gas flow would spread the non polar solvent into the room?

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 10/11/2018 2:21:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Some kind of closed system with recirculating argon would be relatively easy to achieve. This would solve problems of oxidation and solvent vapour loss.

If (!) I have time, I'll make a little setup and post photos.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

GreenDMT
#6 Posted : 10/11/2018 9:29:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Some kind of closed system with recirculating argon would be relatively easy to achieve. This would solve problems of oxidation and solvent vapour loss.

About this he is thinking...there must be some simple thing, even can be independent set up

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 10/11/2018 9:52:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

GreenDMT wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

About this he is thinking...there must be some simple thing, even can be independent set up

Simplest is a flask, a two-holed bung, a dip tube, an outlet tube, some rubber tubing and an air pump. And a cylinder of argon (from welding supply stores) along with the requisite valve gear.

A Drechsel bubbler head with ground glass joints would be even better, if you have quickfit glassware. That's like the bung, dip tube and outlet tube all in one. A similar arrangement can be achieved using a two-necked flask, with a dip tube in one neck and a gas outlet adapter in the other neck, or in a single-necked flask with a vented straight adapter and a dip tube.

Basically, it's like a bong. Wut?

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli