We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Using insects to genetically modify plants Options

Loveall
#1 Posted : 10/10/2018 2:43:07 PM

❀️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Interesting news article about the new technology being developed:

https://www.cnn.com/2018...g-crops-darpa/index.html

My take, this is fascinating. Seems very powerful, I hope we are wise enough to use it properly.

I can imagine a Nexus project on 2030 where we make claviceps that can genetically modify the corn they infect so the plant itself can turn tryptophan into our favorite substituted tryptamines.

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 10/10/2018 2:56:29 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

dMAW

sometimes I forget that I'm a biochemist.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Loveall
#3 Posted : 10/10/2018 3:08:43 PM

❀️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Tryptophan dimethylallyltransferase? That sounds like a very interesting enzyme, benzyme.

Looks like we got our best people and our best enzymes working on this already... Embarrased Very happy Laughing
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

benzyme
#4 Posted : 10/11/2018 11:28:59 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I'm actually meeting up with some cats who can clone the gene, and express it on either e.coli or yeast.
As you know, I'm equipped to purify and analyze secondary metabolites.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 10/12/2018 12:33:18 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

With that kind of yeast, we can make instant kykeon!

(Shame about the insects Very happy )

[Insect me in 10000 years, after the fruit flies spread the kykeon apocalypse, types "Shame about the humans" Confused ]

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli