We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Leonurine Extraction Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 6/10/2009 8:23:44 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

So, Wild Dagga or Leonotis leonurus grows everywhere around swim, he's tried smoking all parts separately of the orange cultivar and the white cultivar - he made an undrinkable tea and now he thinks the best idea may be an extraction.

This is the info iv managed to gather on it.

"treated the menstruation which was irregular, the uterine hemorrhage and the dysmenorrhea etc;The animal experimentation also indicated that the product could the increase the peripheral vascular ,the coronary artery and the cardiac muscle nutrition,increased the hematic flux,improved the micro circulation,and had the antithrombus to form" (sic) [1].

so could be used in combination with lsa(hbwr and mg seeds) to reduce vascular constriction ?

Name: Leonurine hydrochloride
CAS NO.: 24697-74-3
Molecular Formula: C14H21O5N3.HCl.H2O
Molecular Weight: 365.81

Properties
mp 193-194° pKa 7.9 in water.
Synthesis: Alkaloid from Leonurus artemisia (a Chinese herbal medicine used in obstetrics) and Leonurus sibiricus (Labiatae).
Melting Point: Mp 229-230 deg
Dissociation Constant: pKa 7.9 (H2O).

Use
Uterotonic agent.

The actives are an alkaloid - they sit on trichomes - so perhaps a ice cold acetone - violent 30 second shake could do the trick ?

Molecular Weight 311.33364 [g/mol]
Molecular Formula C14H21N3O5
XLogP3 0.5
XLogP 1
H-Bond Donor 3
H-Bond Acceptor 8
Rotatable Bond Count 9
Tautomer Count 6
Exact Mass 311.148121
MonoIsotopic Mass 311.148121
Topological Polar Surface Area 129
Heavy Atom Count 22
Formal Charge 0
Complexity 360
Isotope Atom Count 0
Defined Atom StereoCenter Count 0
Undefined Atom StereoCenter Count 0
Defined Bond StereoCenter Count 0
Undefined Bond StereoCenter Count 0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count 1

What is the best solvent to use for this swim doesnt see one that is 0.5 only acetone at 0.2 and ipa at 0.4, mek at 0.4 and ethyl acetate at 0.7 ? what has simmilar properties ? and what would be the best ph ?

A link to how all this works would be well appreciated.

any extraction ideas - swim has loads of plant material and doesnt care about wasting kilo's of it -

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

burnt
#2 Posted : 6/10/2009 9:10:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

That molecule has an interesting structure. I bet it could be used as a precursor to mescaline synthesis.

Anyway any solvent like IPA, EtOH, Ethyl acetate, acetone should wash off the trichomes and dissolve whats in it. You might not need to alter the pH. Just try a crude extract with any of the above solvents and see what the material looks like after drying. Maybe try an experiment with 4 samples and extract each with a different solvent to compare.

After you can work on making salts or further purification.

Phlux-
#3 Posted : 6/10/2009 9:24:51 AM

The Root

yeah what swim was thinking is this

acetone and alcahol mix with water - what could be used that doesnt mix ?
maybe a rough extraction as mentioned above then to fumarate form for cleaning.

swim read it may be good for mesc synthesis but isnt really interested in that - cacti are common enough and swims mesc comes out perfect.

swim will start gathering plant material. trials will start over the next few days.

antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

Observant
#4 Posted : 6/10/2009 1:14:08 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

I never observed Resin or Trichomes on my Plants here in Europe -
So i assumed I either have a wrong strain (obtained from an Botanical Garden) - the Resin Production only takes place in a different Climate or the Resin is hidden somewhere in the Flower - my Plants though never where sticky anywhere.

Do you have a picture of Leonoris Trichomes ?

Nice Topic !
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Phlux-
#5 Posted : 6/10/2009 1:21:42 PM

The Root

yeah - they are sticky like crazy here in their home country -south africa - whenever i harvest some i gotta get all the ants off first - they dig to suck up all that sweet stuff. - leme find a pic quick.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#6 Posted : 6/10/2009 3:46:00 PM

The Root

cant find a closeup of the plants - il take some next time i collect em.

here are the pix of the ones from around here.

and this is a pic of some white flowers and orange ones.

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kannamate
#7 Posted : 6/12/2009 11:30:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

are those white flowers still leonurus,or a different kind?

Phlux-
#8 Posted : 6/14/2009 12:46:37 PM

The Root

They are the same species, i think they come from selective breading tho as they dont occur in the wild and the birds and butterflies dont care for them either.(the orange one invites all sorts of life)
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Espiridion
#9 Posted : 6/23/2009 7:09:51 PM

--who.??..ME??--

I know I can Google leonurus and I have. But a firsthand report on its effects/synergy would be most appreciated.

Is this something you have tried recreationally, Phlux? Or is it medical only?

Thanks,

J
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

Observant
#10 Posted : 6/23/2009 7:20:04 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

The white Petals look like a smooth smoke - are they ?
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

Phlux-
#11 Posted : 6/25/2009 8:58:08 AM

The Root

its a very odd plant to smoke - i love the smell and taste but it burns kinda like hair or something - the fx are not pronounced and this is why i feel a nice extraction is required.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kannamate
#12 Posted : 6/25/2009 9:33:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If it's real plentiful there which I hear it is you could try making ice hash out of the whole plant,or just flowers works the same way as you would with MJ and is reported to be very good on other forums. That would be easier and cheaper than using any solvents.

Observant
#13 Posted : 6/25/2009 11:05:10 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Do you have Pictures of them in Natural Habitat ?

Would love to see this.

Phlux-
#14 Posted : 6/25/2009 11:20:30 AM

The Root

il try take some pix.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fractalus
#15 Posted : 10/3/2018 7:49:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

reizing this thread from the deads,
is there any updates on the extraction?
swim also have lots of it and want to extract some goodies Smile
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 10/3/2018 7:57:11 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Without referring to the scientific literature, the best we have to go on is the general principle for extracting trichome-based material:
burnt wrote:
Anyway any solvent like IPA, EtOH, Ethyl acetate, acetone should wash off the trichomes and dissolve what's in it. You might not need to alter the pH. Just try a crude extract with any of the above solvents and see what the material looks like after drying. Maybe try an experiment with 4 samples and extract each with a different solvent to compare.

After you can work on making salts or further purification.

Strong base or an excess of acid would risk hydrolysing the ester linkage, so we have to be a bit gentle with this one.

Quote:
That molecule has an interesting structure. I bet it could be used as a precursor to mescaline synthesis.

That syringyl grouping is surprisingly common in nature. Another name for mescaline would be O-methylhomosyringylamine Smile

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Fractalus
#17 Posted : 10/5/2018 12:17:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Strong base or an excess of acid would risk hydrolysing the ester linkage, so we have to be a bit gentle with this one.

so sodium carbonate would be a good gentle base for it right?
any information or expirience with extractions?

swim cooked 3 times for 30-45 min and have 4 liter of bitter liquid,
so its gentle molecule and probebly not good idea to reduce it on stove..any idea how to continue with the liquid?

is the bitternes are signs of alkaloid?

also, swim has a good food dehydrator and will make X10 or so extract from it by pouring the liquid on dry petals and dehydrate it until powdery and will post the result when he do it Smile
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

downwardsfromzero
#18 Posted : 10/5/2018 9:10:11 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
is the bitternes are signs of alkaloid?

Not necessarily. There are many, many other substances that are incredibly bitter without being alkaloids.

I pretty much works the other way around: if an extract isn't bitter, you can be fairly sure it doesn't contain much in the way of alkaloids.

That said, considering the plant you're working with, the bitterness probably does indicate that you've got some alkaloids in there. I just wouldn't bet my house on it. 99.5% sure though.

I've never extracted this compound, only ever having gathered a few dry flowers from a botanical garden.

The hypotensive (blood pressure lowering) effect was quite noticeable for me when I smoked the flowers. One of the very few times I have ever fainted was when, being young and foolish (or, youngish and a still fool), I combined Leonurus flowers with DMT. This was sufficient to cause postural hypotension.

It's likely that a concentrated extract will be an effective hypotensive agent, so go easy on this one.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli