We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Freeze precip hangup Options

Turtle Run
#1 Posted : 11/17/2009 3:48:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I started with DMT acetate
based with sodium carbonate
pulled with acetone
evap into a goo

added naptha to goo in a shot glass which i submerged half way into a hot microwaved water with the idea of freeze precipitating crystals

but the naptha won't mix with the dmt goo.

what am I doing wrong?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

amor_fati
#2 Posted : 11/17/2009 4:42:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM hasn't worked with DMT acetate, but he's guessing that either it hadn't converted to base (if the acetate happens to be soluble in acetone) or SWIY's got oxidized DMT. However, it could be something else (jungle spice). SWIM converted his first fumarate in a solution of sodium carbonate and pulled with naphtha, and some reddish oil ended up forming on top of the aqueous layer and wouldn't dissolve in the naphtha. He did successfully freeze precip DMT out of that naphtha though, and the red goo was collected by scooping, dried, and smoked and seemed to be jungle.

Turtle Run
#3 Posted : 11/17/2009 4:43:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Problem solved. For anyone having a similar problem the answer wound up being that what I wasn't seeing was that the DMT actually was dissolving into the naptha while insoluble alkaloids and plant fats were not.

q21q21
#4 Posted : 11/17/2009 4:45:15 AM

SWIM

cheers

(posted too late)
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

corridors of my cells
#5 Posted : 11/17/2009 7:55:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Turtle Run wrote:
Problem solved. For anyone having a similar problem the answer wound up being that what I wasn't seeing was that the DMT actually was dissolving into the naptha while insoluble alkaloids and plant fats were not.

nice to hear it worked.. i use the same way for purification. Actually its very useful way to get rid of yellow gooish stuff. I dont yield that kind of stuff anymore but it seems sometimes in the big evap dish very dark yellow stuff stays after many evaps, so the best way to solve it is a bit of hot naphta Razz