We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Qeeg Studies of the visionary effects of the visionary tryptamine DMT Options

Simply_Me
#1 Posted : 8/27/2018 3:08:37 AM

Live the Life you Love

Excellent article

https://www.researchgate...VISIONARY_TRYPTAMINE_DMT

Recent brain imaging studies in Psychedelic Brain Science are breaking new ground in our understanding of neurological substrate of biological consciousness in humans. The emerging field of inner experience and neuroscience is particularly well suited to the reexamination of the actions of psychedelics on subjective conscious experience. This approach is best understood as neurophenomenology. My work over the last few years has focused on the EEG correlates of the visionary tryptamine DMT action. I believe the researcher must also have the drug experience as part of the experimental protocol, in order to fully understand the richness of the phenomenon. The objective of this exploratory research was to examine the QEEG correlates of the psychoactive smoked inhalation of exogenous DMT action. Known as a potent visionary tryptamine, DMT is ubiquitous in nature and has also been localized in the brain and peripheral tissues of mammals, including humans. The exact function of this endogenous DMT is the subject of ongoing neuropharmacological research. Three sources of DMT were tested: high purity synthetic 5-MeO-DMT, Bufo 5-MeO-DMT (an extract from the Sonoran desert toad venom, Bufo alvarius), and N,N-DMT from a natural extract of the Acacia tree Mimosa hostilis root bark. The DMT was delivered by smoked inhalation (vaporization). The rapid onset (10-20 sec), short acting (5-15 min.), and reversible nature of the effects made such a QEEG study feasible. DMT dosage was adjusted to elicit an effective psychedelic experience (ca. 20-30 mg for N,N-DMT; 2-5 mg for synthetic 5-MeO-DMT, and 30-40 mg for the Bufo 5-MeO-DMT material). Healthy volunteers (age 25-60; N=15 men, N=8 women) were tested. The protocol consisted of: 5-10 min. baseline control (resting eyes closed) was first acquired, followed by the DMT test condition, usually lasting 5-15 min. When subjects recovered from the DMT induced altered state, a report of their subjective experience was recorded on video and a post recovery EEG reading was made typically at 15-30 min. A statistical comparison (paired t-tests, correlated samples) of absolute power values for all EEG bands between baseline vs. DMT tests and post recovery conditions was carried out for all subjects. The DMT-induced profound alterations in consciousness were tracked with the shifts in the QEEG metrics analysed. The time course and intensity of the subjective experience correlated with the magnitude of the observed EEG effects. www.cosmosandhistory.org 115

(PDF) QEEG STUDIES OF THE ACUTE EFFECTS OF THE VISIONARY TRYPTAMINE DMT. Available from: https://www.researchgate...VISIONARY_TRYPTAMINE_DMT [accessed Aug 26 2018].
I realize that no one book, one person, or even one ideology will have all the answers. I believe my job is to remain open yet discriminating. My intuition helps me discern truth, and wisdom helps me identify malicious intentions.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Loveall
#2 Posted : 8/27/2018 1:02:11 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Thanks for posting. Cool article. The brain scan results are interesting, 5.5Hz peak for DMT and 8 Hz peak for 5MEO-DMT. Baseline conciousness at 10 Hz. I wonder if with a combo of DMT and 5MEO you would see peaks at 5.5 and 8 Hz or not (do the brain waves simply superimpose or does something else happen?).

Oh, and what about other psychedelics? What brain waves do they generate?

Fascinating stuff.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 8/27/2018 4:38:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Thanks for posting. Cool article. The brain scan results are interesting, 5.5Hz peak for DMT and 8 Hz peak for 5MEO-DMT. Baseline conciousness at 10 Hz. I wonder if with a combo of DMT and 5MEO you would see peaks at 5.5 and 8 Hz or not (do the brain waves simply superimpose or does something else happen?).

Oh, and what about other psychedelics? What brain waves do they generate?

Fascinating stuff.

A recent study on LSD, also posted here, showed a simmilar pattern: a reduction of alpha activity and an increase in theta, beta and gamma activity.

It's interesting that people who meditate often and who've been doing that for a very long time, have a very simmilar type of brain-activity, except for the beta waves. But people who don't meditate frequently will experience the exact opposite when they start meditating. They will have an increase in alpha activity, and a decrease in beta activity.

The thing is: i've noticed before that meditating for me, never increased the intensity of psychedelics, but always decreased it. It realy adds up. The alpha state is the opposite of the psychedelic state.

Psychedelics seem to broaden the spectrum of brain activity. Both the very low and the very high frequencies are being increased.

I suppose you could enhance the psychedelic experience with binaural beats, if you would find the right rhytmic patterns.

Loveall
#4 Posted : 8/27/2018 9:21:35 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

dragonrider wrote:

A recent study on LSD, also posted here, showed a simmilar pattern: a reduction of alpha activity and an increase in theta, beta and gamma activity.

It's interesting that people who meditate often and who've been doing that for a very long time, have a very simmilar type of brain-activity, except for the beta waves. But people who don't meditate frequently will experience the exact opposite when they start meditating. They will have an increase in alpha activity, and a decrease in beta activity.

The thing is: i've noticed before that meditating for me, never increased the intensity of psychedelics, but always decreased it. It realy adds up. The alpha state is the opposite of the psychedelic state.

Psychedelics seem to broaden the spectrum of brain activity. Both the very low and the very high frequencies are being increased.

I suppose you could enhance the psychedelic experience with binaural beats, if you would find the right rhytmic patterns.

Very interesting. Someone could hook up volunteers to a brain scanner and play different beats and use that data as feedback to find the tunes that enhance the targeted brain frequencies. Then add psychedelics and measure again. I wonder if someone is doing that already. Icaro songs may show an interesting signal in these kind of studies.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 8/28/2018 12:50:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes there's probably a reason why they use it. But apreciation of music is to a great end subjective, so i think experimenting is probably worth trying for everyone.

I have planned to experiment with different kinds of binaural beats severall times, but somehow i always manage to forget actually doing it once a psychedelic substance starts having an effect.

Another thought i had, is that brainwave interference could maybe help explain some synergies, like between cannabis and the classic entheogens. I don't know of any pharmacological mechanism that explains how cannabis can potentiate the effect of hallucinogens. All i can say is that there is an obvious overlap in effects. So there could be an overlap in the brainwaves they trigger. But if there is just an overlap and not a 100% equivalence, then maybe the interference of different brainwaves widens the whole spectrum of frequencies by adding up the higher ones.
In that case the ultra high gamma interference would mostly be responsible for the synergy, i think.

MachienDome
#6 Posted : 10/2/2018 11:12:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent article, thanks for posting, that was a great read! Very interesting stuff!
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."