We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
AGRESSIVITY FROM HARMINE ! Options

kemist
#1 Posted : 11/16/2009 10:38:05 AM

John

ILPT can`t help himself, but have to tell ya guys.

He quiet enjoying harmalas on it`s own.
Literally on it`s own ! He doesn`t like them in mixtures much. He prefer to enjoy them separately.
Each on their own is great for different purposes

But Harmine is the worrying one. Rolling eyes

ILPT has harmine freebase many times, either subling. or orally .
When the dossage is neither low nor high, say about 100-150 mgs it`s fairly stimulating for ILPT. He always having some coffee(at least one)along with harmine though.
But there is other effect of harmine.

For some reason it makes him sometimes agressive.He is not only pissed off he actually fancy to smack somebody, hit punch , kick, whatever. It worrying him, because nothing else making him agressive neither THH, nor Harmaline.{Only alcohol make him sometimes agressive and that`s one of the reasons, why he stopped drinking.}

He was reading TIHKAL the other day ,only to find he is not alone. L:isten to this
Quote:
(with >40 mg, orally) "The excitement I felt was increased even in a belligerent way. Although it is not my nature, I started a fight with a man in the street where I was the one who attacked. Even though according to the circumstances the prospect for me was unfavorable."

Can any of your swimmer talk from his own experience?

Is harmine inhibiting breakage of adrenaline or other hormone? Where this agressivity comming from?

If harmine would still cause this agressivity ILPT have to stop using it which is shame as more research of this compound should be done.
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 11/16/2009 2:13:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MAO-A breaks down both epinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine (noradrenaline). Harmala-alkaloids inhibit MAO-A from doing this, so yes, it is possible that these alkaloids can cause aggression in some individuals in some settings. This is, however, not only the case for harmine, but for every harmala-alkaloid and every other MAO-A-inhibitor.

69ron
#3 Posted : 11/16/2009 3:57:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's a reference to harmaline causing this also.

SWIM never feels aggressive from harmalas, quite the opposite actually. So I don't think it's specific to the harmalas, but more specific to the person's individual reaction to using them.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

ismokecrystals
#4 Posted : 11/16/2009 4:08:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never felt agression using THH but sometimes when I use the spice sometimes I feel the need to yell. For instance when I want to get someones attention or call their name in my head I yell as loud as I can. I can't explain it. However, I am able to control it and I am able to talk normally.

jamie
#5 Posted : 11/16/2009 6:43:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"(with >40 mg, orally) "The excitement I felt was increased even in a belligerent way. Although it is not my nature, I started a fight with a man in the street where I was the one who attacked. Even though according to the circumstances the prospect for me was unfavorable."

..i have this picture in my head of shulgin high on drugs fighting in the street now!..hard to imagine..
Long live the unwoke.

Ginkgo
#6 Posted : 11/16/2009 7:44:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The experience reports in TiHKAL and PiHKAL are not only from Alexander and Ann Shulgin, but also from a rather large group of unidentified friends. I doubt Alexander Shulgin was the one fighting in the street. Pleased

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 11/16/2009 11:25:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM has witnessed this from a brew of syrian rue and mimosa. SWIM's FOAF was enjoyable for the first part of the night, watching flowers bloom outside, slithering around the room like a snake, but then he took on a sort afro-american sort of accent and became belligerent--started punching the ground at one point. SWIM does believe this episode to have been instigated by internal turmoil, though exacerbated by the harmaloids.

SWIM sometimes will practice martial arts on a rue extract or THH and DMT, but he remains quite centered, though he understands the desire to involve oneself in a fistfight. SWIM's infrequent freak-outs tend to be characterized by speaking in tongues, rolling in his own vomit and whatnot, so he's never become belligerent or aggressive when he's somewhat out of control. On sublingual THH and smoked DMT, he tends to feel enhanced and exuberant.

Another of SWIM's FOAF's became somewhat belligerent on sublingual THH and smoked spice, but he began having some rather severe allergy problems at the time and had been operating on very little sleep and hangover due to psilocybe from the previous night.