We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV789
..Enough GOO questions! read this.. Options

d.b.o.
#161 Posted : 9/22/2018 5:21:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Polymorphism.
crystal=goo=crystal?
d.b.o. attached the following image(s):
20170309_213801.jpg (2,845kb) downloaded 477 time(s).
20170309_235334.jpg (2,254kb) downloaded 480 time(s).
20170310_064347.jpg (2,778kb) downloaded 479 time(s).
20170310_065246.jpg (3,698kb) downloaded 477 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

hashish
#162 Posted : 10/3/2018 11:35:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM found freeze precipitation produced xtals.. has anyone tried freeze precipitation on the saturated solvent and gotten goo instead of crystals? This seems like it could be a clear way to make sure you have the texture you are looking for if freezing doesn't often produce goo..

hashish
#163 Posted : 10/3/2018 11:36:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think of it like with dabs, there will be crystallized forms such as in diamond sauce, isolate, sugar wax, etc you can see the little crystals.. though with a small amount of heat any of these perfect beautiful crystals will become a sticky sap..

bugaha
#164 Posted : 3/22/2019 2:05:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is brand new. His glass pie pan has been in the freezer for about 34 hours now. There are quite a few floating particles and then there is a yellowish film floating around as well. Is this the "goo" that we speak of?
"Yeah, but he's a pederass Dude."

sofakinold
#165 Posted : 3/23/2019 3:50:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just did an extraction. It looked like text book clusters of white crystals. But when I ran the razor down the glass and it got up the underlying layer of sticky NMT. Oh well, I had just make a goo ball. No solid crystals to put in the freebase base stache bag this round. I just set the whole dish on the radiator on low heat and let it melt. Razor blade and all. Tossed in 1 grams of dry Changa herb and started mopping up the sticky spice. Added another 500mg of dry herb to pick up the remnant and get the sticky off my fingers. A few minutes later there was 2.5 grams of Changa on my scale.

Simple easy solution to use for sticky spice. Full spectrum Changa without using solvents.

Crazylegsmagoo
#166 Posted : 7/2/2019 7:50:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So after several extractions with ACRB being basically 90% "goo" using an old tek my friend was left with an excess amount. New tek yields great cyystals so problem is solved but what to do with all the goo? Well.... put it in a cart! These seem like they would be great for festivals. My friend has taken it for a spin probably 4 times. It's most definitely different than the crystalline spice. My guess is you can go about as far as you want to depending on how long you pull and how many times. But for her it was just a really good body buzz with very light open eyes visuals on 2 easy 5 second pulls. Probably equate it to about 4 grams of PC mushrooms. Smoke wasnt harsh either. But like I said it was just some easy pulls so I'm certain it could get pretty wild. Anyways just wanted to share their method and ensure atleast in her case it was safe and sound with nothing added to it. Just took a used but empty thc cart apart and razor bladed the goo in there meticulously. But all in all worked like a charm. Happy travels... and as always.... "if you dont have a plan, you're gonna end up part of someone else's plan" - T.M.
Crazylegsmagoo attached the following image(s):
20190702_143737.jpg (2,420kb) downloaded 374 time(s).

GulliverTravels
#167 Posted : 9/11/2019 7:03:08 AM

All Aboard!

Gulliver's Goo Tips...

This is meant to help skip the "Goo" phase with Naptha based Teks. Some warmer and wetter climates can present a challenge that others do not seem to face. I hope this helps them.

Temperature and time is Everything with Naptha. Especially when drying.
Anything over about 78 Degrees when drying the crystals, and they WILL become goo. Because of the film of Naptha sill on the edges of the crystals and under them. Trapped as they grew... So, If rushed, drying will almost always result in goo in warmer temps. It simply takes TIME.

In cold climates, less than 90 degrees average, or Air Conditioning, This will be less of an issue, but these tips should still help with goo issues in most cases.

(This method uses small square Pyrex plates with lids, any STB/Naptha method, and 1/3 of Naptha is to be evaporated with a fan on low over the surface of the fluid prior to freeze precipitation. This further concentrates the solution and causes crystals to crash out better to the bottom of the glass and stick/grow. Naptha is cheap, and not all is wasted. Just some.)

1. Freeze Precipitate Naptha pulls to Crystals for 24-48 hours.
(Longer is better for crystal growth, with the Lid ON to prevent moisture inside the area you are growing your crystals in.)

2. Put a wedge under one end of your collection dish when freezing, and let the fluid pool in one end of the container. This leaves 1/2 the container free of crystals, and leaves a place for the Naptha to run off a few steps down.

3. Pour off or decant the Naptha, after your 24-48 hours has passed. Saving Naptha for later use.
(If pouring the Naptha off, use the end where the crystals are growing, and pour gently, trying to trap them in that end. This will prevent spreading them to the other end of the collection dish.)

4. Dry the Crystals a bit more with the lid back on, by tilting your container at a 90 degree angle back in the freezer for 2-4 hours. Long enough for the Naptha to run off the outside surface of the crystals. Allowing gravity do the draining more completely. Let the Naptha run into the end of the collection dish without any crystals in it. You can slightly crack one corner of the lid to let the Naptha drip out.
(If lids are loose, put a towel down to catch the Naptha that will drip out.

5. Final drying, is done in front of an Air conditioner. Nice Dried, Cooled, Flowing Air that will maintain the crystal structure while the Naptha completely evaporates. By this point, the collection dish can be left upright, with the cool air flowing into it. (As long as the crystals are good and stuck to the dish, and won't blow out. Adjust your air accordingly, and don't blow crystals all over the room.)

6. You will be able to see when they are completely dry. Use a toothpick to push into the surface and see if its dry underneath. IF not, scrape all the material, and allow to dry in front of the AC, using a more gentle air flow, until they are completely dry all over. No Naptha smell should be present at that point.
You can at this step, choose to scrape the white and fully dry peaks off of the crystal mounds, and set them aside. You should be able to see what parts are/aren't dry at this point. The dry crystals should stay stable at any normal room temperature up to 95-ish. Past that they "May" melt again.

7. To test crystal stability, keep your container in the cool area you are drying in, and remove a small amount of the crystals. Take them to a warmer room, or outside temps, and let stand for 45 + mins. See if they melt. If not, you have stable crystals. IF they do, you should continue drying the remaining crystals until your small sample stays stable at higher temps.

Add the melted portion back to your next re-x. Used Naptha pour off, is great to use for Re-x, as its typically still containing a good portion of DMT. It makes it feel like there is less loss on each Re-x.

I hope this assists someone in skipping the "Goo" Phase and going straight to the main event!

Enjoy your Travels
;-)

[---/\---]
[--/gt\--]
[-/----\-]

Next Stop Hyperspace - "ALL ABOARD!"

Sheikhabe
#168 Posted : 11/16/2020 1:12:14 AM

The Headless Way

Hi There,

SWIM just finished their first attempted extraction from Acacia Floribunda using the invocacia tek.

163gm Powdered dried phyllodes and small twigs in blender then coffee grinder.
Frozen and thawed 3 times over 2 days:

They have ended up with a very small amount of yellow goo after evaporating the naptha.

Here:

I would welcome any thoughts as to what they may have ended up with here?

Apparently it Smells like over ripe fruit.

Thanks

----UPDATE 1/12/2020----

After looking at the goo for a while, and realising it is not going to be easy to use, and considering there were numerous little problems with the extraction....first time fun....I needed a plan.

Thanks to GulliverTravels post above, I have added back new naptha and mixed. This gave a yellow slightly cloudy mix.

Then i stuffed up.

I forgot to concentrate the naptha using the fan, and instead went to the freezer for 10 mins. I opened the freezer door, took off the tub lid and put the fan in front to evap off the 1/3 naptha, then went away for 10 mins.

When i returned i could have cried, the condensation from the warm air hitting the glass tub meant basically a rainstorm in my freezer. I closed it up and in 10 mins, the water had frozen into an iceblock, but with heaps of yellow gunk in it.

Excited to see what was going on, i figured i should just do some naptha pulls and see what happens. Taking out of the freezer, i spilled 25% on the floor.......Seriouly need to slow down.

3 pulls with more naptha and i was left with a beautiful crystal clear yellow liquid which has been freezing for 1 hour and my heart is singing............

Look what i found at the bottom of the Jar......

So while i may only end up with tiny yeild, with all the disasters i caused, at least i will be able confirm it works, and that the species is worthy of further investigation.

I have documented the process i used, if anyone is interested, i am very new here, so please let me know how to share it with you.

Cheers

H
The Headless Way -
https://www.headless.org/experiments-home.htm

The experiments shown in the link above changed my life in a very profound way. One simple thing is brought to attention and it has changed my relationship with reality.
Douglas Harding’s “The science of the first person” is an easy, scientific, and playful way to find who you really are. I highly recommend everyone give this a go. It gives a shared language to discuss reality.
If anyone here is headless, I would love to talk deeply about how DMT fits with who we really are. I am trying to be more Humble, Grateful and Productive in everything I do.

Sheikhabe
#169 Posted : 12/10/2020 6:20:55 AM

The Headless Way

From this post:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=26773&p=2

Please feel free to share any thoughts about how best to share this or any ideas about improving the experiment or anything specific you would like to have A/B tested

Sheikhabe wrote:
It seems that the team’s research through the wonderful generosity of the Nexus has brought it gratefully to a point of being ready to have a real good go at solving the NMT/DMT/weird oil separation specifically focussed on A.floribunda phyllodes and twigs.

With 2 test runs completed, and mistakes learned from, a plan is evolving.

The plan is to follow the Phyllode Tek Experiment 3 from nen888 here-post#2 and do some A/B comparisons on how effective different steps are in solving the problem.

It seems the “goo” “problem”, experienced by many here with the Acacia family, is at risk of becoming an us/them issue that IMHO would be disrespectful to the nature of the Nexus. As conflict increases, cooperation decreases.

Being able to control the DMT/NMT balance regardless of the variable nature of these plants by improving the extraction knowledge, would help make this “problem” and possible conflict vanish.

The question for the people is where best to document the extraction experiment. It will be a detailed record of the process to try to add as much back to the Nexus as it has given so far.

Should I continue with posts here? Or start a new topic?

The Headless Way -

The experiments shown in the link above changed my life in a very profound way. One simple thing is brought to attention and it has changed my relationship with reality.
Douglas Harding’s “The science of the first person” is an easy, scientific, and playful way to find who you really are. I highly recommend everyone give this a go. It gives a shared language to discuss reality.
If anyone here is headless, I would love to talk deeply about how DMT fits with who we really are. I am trying to be more Humble, Grateful and Productive in everything I do.

Blazon
#170 Posted : 12/14/2020 5:38:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Sheikhabe

your jar with naptha -what material is it? looks plastic

Sheikhabe
#171 Posted : 12/24/2020 11:08:57 AM

The Headless Way

Blazon wrote:
@Sheikhabe

your jar with naptha -what material is it? looks plastic

Glass with a plastic sealable lid
The Headless Way -

RadChad
#172 Posted : 6/25/2022 1:41:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

People make fun of me and my goo, always talking up white crystals, but for efficacy, ease of prep and use ( with enhanced leaf) , I'm a goo lover. Thumbs up
Enjoy your goo, love your goo, always respect your goo, and your goo will love you back. Or something.

Any advice and/or experience with how to do pharmahuasca with goo and harmalas? I was thinking one could encapsulate the goo and parachute it. Although I haven't read anything that tackles this inquiry. Thanks for any help!

JonDeemz
#173 Posted : 2/25/2023 5:11:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I know I'm like 3 decades late on this post but hey, here I am.

I want to sincerely apologize to the Gods of acacias and mimosas and every psychedelic for that matter for throwing away so much (now apparently) still good material with the assumption that I fucked up getting results in the form of goo.

If only I had found this post earlier. I am so disappointed in myself. Kind of ashamed even.

I had a feeling, nah. I knew deep down the goo was good. But upon trying a bit and how terrible it tasted, I threw it away thinking maybe I'm smoking lye and vinegar or just useless ofat fucking oils.

But I guess we live and we learn and practice makes perfect.

Lesson learned. Thank you my nexian siblings! Love and peace and respect and the revolution is strong. We the people, are almost there Smile

nen888
#174 Posted : 2/26/2023 1:05:12 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..the 'cyber-psychedelic revolution', as they said 3 decades ago

welcome to the future JonDeemz..glad you could make it

«PREV789