We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
cleaning full alkaloid dmt-acetate with mek? Options

Noob
#1 Posted : 11/13/2009 7:29:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Since it's now known that mescaline acetate is insoluble in MEK, would it be true for DMT acetate as well? Could non-pure DMT acetate be separated from the other alks with cold MEK as well to get white dmt acetate crystals?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 11/13/2009 11:29:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Two things here.. DMT acetate is not crystal, it is oily... In the evap dish it forms this dryish layer on the outside that looks like dried glue, but once scrapped under this its gooey... Why do you want in acetate ? For keeping as salt I guess more manageable would be fumarate instead, or then keeping as freebase..

Also, I imagine a different way which is freebasing the dmt acetate and pulling with warm naphtha.. this way you only have pure dmt and the rest of the alkaloids are left behind.. Then if you want you can salt this pure dmt, and/or salt the other alkaloids, and keep them separate

Noob
#3 Posted : 11/15/2009 4:00:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Couldn't you just freebase the full alk dmt acetate with calcium hydroxide and then pull with iso, and then evaporate then redissolve in MEK and cold precip clean dmt acetate crystals?

endlessness
#4 Posted : 11/15/2009 11:56:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Noob wrote:
Couldn't you just freebase the full alk dmt acetate with calcium hydroxide and then pull with iso, and then evaporate then redissolve in MEK and cold precip clean dmt acetate crystals?

if you freebased it with calcium hydroxide how would it precip as dmt acetate crystals? and as mentioned, dmt acetate is not crystal, its a goo

Why do you want acetate?

and why not simply run some warm naphta in this iso-pulled evaporated freebase dmt? then you will pick up only freebase dmt, the rest stays behind

and if you want dmt acetate for some reason I cant get, then just mix the naphtha with an acidic acqueous layer (vinegar solution), and separate and evap the vinegar, which will yield pure dmt acetate

Noob
#5 Posted : 11/15/2009 5:38:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Because SWIM wanted to keep it as nontoxic as possible and SWIM will absolutely not use naphtha since SWIM have tried naphtha before and it's so vile and toxic. Obviously nobody else cares enough and you just think this is dumb so SWIM will give up on dmt since it's just not for him afterall. I figured since impure mescaline acetate could be turned from goo/wax to clean white powder with MEK then so could dmt acetate but I guess I was wrong.

nadir
#6 Posted : 11/15/2009 6:09:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Noob wrote:
Because SWIM wanted to keep it as nontoxic as possible and SWIM will absolutely not use naphtha since SWIM have tried naphtha before and it's so vile and toxic. Obviously nobody else cares enough and you just think this is dumb so SWIM will give up on dmt since it's just not for him afterall. I figured since impure mescaline acetate could be turned from goo/wax to clean white powder with MEK then so could dmt acetate but I guess I was wrong.

never heard that freebase is toxic. Why do you think it should be? there's plenty of 'natural' chemicals which are OH.
or swiy just want to make a food-grade extraction?
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 11/15/2009 6:33:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Noob wrote:

Because SWIM wanted to keep it as nontoxic as possible

should have said so from the beginning Very happy

So MEK considerably non-toxic, then? Didnt know that...

Another thing, if you want the most non toxic, why not go for the limonene extraction then, and finish up with food grade FASW or acetate evap and then freebase with food safe sodium carbonate ? It wont be white crystals but it will be probably a waxy orangeish solid, which you can smoke as is or infuse in herbs...

Last thing, yeah the big difference between mescaline acetate and dmt acetate is that mescaline acetate can crystalize, dmt acetate is a goo, no matter how pure it is..

w0mbat
#8 Posted : 11/15/2009 7:55:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Noob, I think my friend is trying to do the same thing as you.

Here's how s/he's planning to do it:

1) Basify MHRB w/ NaOH or calcium hydroxide
2) Extract with non-toxic d-limonene
3) Add fumaric acid saturated water to the limonene layer
4) Evaporate the water layer to get DMT fumarate. This could later be freebased with or without the use of naptha. If you are interested in freebasing w/o naptha, do some searches, I think jorkest has a good tek

As for your question about purifying DMT salts with MEK, I don't know (and judging by how nobody has answered it yet, I'd guess they don't really know either).

However, you could probably get high purity DMT fumarate using FASA (fumaric acid saturated acetone). Just add it to the d-limonene layer (i.e. change step 3 to "Add fumaric acid saturated acetone to the limonene layer" ). That should precipitate the DMT fumarate right in solution - no need to even mess with MEK! (which, afaik, is considerably more hazardous than acetone).

If you are like my friend though, and want to avoid anything using anything chemicals from the hardware store unless absolutely necessary, you could do her limonene & fumaric acid saturated water technique. This tek ought to yield DMT fumarate of about the same purity as the acetone-based tek.
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer