We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoking harmala extract followed by DMT vape pen Options

spanda
#1 Posted : 9/12/2018 7:03:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just returned from a large gathering where I had the privilege of serving a combination of harmala extract freebase followed by DMT in vape pen cartridges to a dozen or so vagabonds in our camp's ceremony temple. I can't speak too highly about the efficacy of this method of delivery and the delight I take in seeing folks have this experience for the first time. I had presided over a ceremony at a bachelor party last month where I had a chance to iron out the details of proper administration of this medicine. Incidentally, that kind of bachelor party, so much more empowering for the groom, best man, and groomsmen than the tired and degrading old heavy drinking with lap dancers variety (no judgement, just not my cup of tea).

The harmala extract does not vaporize easily, I found it more effective to just put it in an open bowl pipe and put the flame to it. I direct the recipient to get a big lungful of smoke, take it deep and hold while I countdown from seven. Four good hits (roughly 100mg) gets the person properly harmalized and ready for the tryptamine fun. After taking a few calming breaths I hand him/her the vape pen with instructions to hold the button, count to four while inhaling gently (so as not to overheat the oil) then draw the vapor deep and hold while I countdown from seven again. Both times I suggest exhaling slowly through the nose, I believe there is additional absorption from the exhaled vapor passing over the nasal septum, just sayin'. And repeat with the pen as much as necessary. This gives the user a sense of control over the process that can be reassuring as opposed to me holding a flame over a GVG and trying to get them to draw properly.

Everyone got off, some with proper breakthroughs, all with beautiful experiences. The harmala alkaloids provide a wonderful cushion for the tryptamine blast, deepening and lengthening the experience and the collaboration of the two plant teachers produces ayahuasca like flushing and resetting of the physical dimension, nerves and muscles, very lovely, very sensual, very healing.

On the way home a few days later I stopped at one of my power places in the woods to consult with the allies, self administered this medicine and found myself being soothed, cared for, and taught by gentle, wonderful guardian spirits who have stayed with me for the subsequent week.

I would like to produce these vape cartridges filled with my own extractions. I'm hoping someone produces a detailed tek for this process if they haven't already.
"You cannot see Me with your normal eyes, therefore I give you divine eyes with which to behold the Power of My Yoga."
Bhagavad Gita, chapter 11, The Universal Form, verse 8

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

strtman
#2 Posted : 9/12/2018 7:38:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That’s an interesting report. I would love to do a ceremony like this. Have done so with drinking the brew, but hope to do it one day with smoking changa. Incredible to experience what a group of like minded people can do to you. You don’t have to know them, just the jointly involvement is enough.

On your way back you took time for yourself to trip. Did you not have the desire to do this in the group too?

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Lowtones
#3 Posted : 9/12/2018 11:25:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like you educated some people well! Personally, I wouldn't find that setting right for me, but a good teacher can make a big difference.

I haven't smoked/vaped DMT on its own but a few times, but I still agree that having the harmala presence is grounding and helpful to a positive experience. Even with my most "difficult" aya experience I fared better and got more out of it than pure DMT. That's just me, though, no judgement to anybody who feels differently.

padawan
#4 Posted : 9/13/2018 5:12:40 AM

forever learning

spanda wrote:
Both times I suggest exhaling slowly through the nose, I believe there is additional absorption from the exhaled vapor passing over the nasal septum, just sayin'.

Great point - never crossed my mind, so to speak Smile After my psychedelic break I'm going to give this a go for sure.

spanda
#5 Posted : 9/13/2018 5:14:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

strtman wrote:
That’s an interesting report. I would love to do a ceremony like this. Have done so with drinking the brew, but hope to do it one day with smoking changa. Incredible to experience what a group of like minded people can do to you. You don’t have to know them, just the jointly involvement is enough.

On your way back you took time for yourself to trip. Did you not have the desire to do this in the group too?

These were all folks in our camp, so there was already a bond from having worked and played together.

When I'm serving medicine I take responsibility for the well being of the circle and generally rely on the power of the medicine to reach me by contact, i.e. energetic osmosis. Some of these were first timers so more the need.
"You cannot see Me with your normal eyes, therefore I give you divine eyes with which to behold the Power of My Yoga."

spanda
#6 Posted : 9/13/2018 6:52:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lowtones wrote:
Sounds like you educated some people well! Personally, I wouldn't find that setting right for me, but a good teacher can make a big difference.

We put together a private, safe, enclosed space with proper ceremonial trappings. Smudged, cleared and secured with protector plants, it served well for our purpose. There are refuges in large gatherings from the cacophony that dominates the landscape.

the_Architect
#7 Posted : 9/18/2018 7:01:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice idea!, going to a hyperspace stripclub during a bachelor party.

Spanda wrote:

We put together a private, safe, enclosed space with proper ceremonial trappings. Smudged, cleared and secured with protector plants, it served well for our purpose. There are refuges in large gatherings from the cacophony that dominates the landscape.

Could you mention what type of plants and techniques you used as protection measures?

Spanda wrote:

I would like to produce these vape cartridges filled with my own extractions. I'm hoping someone produces a detailed tek for this process if they haven't already.

I´m not sure what type of vaping device you used, some of them have like disposable cartridges, others can be re-fill with "vape juice".
I´ve made a infographic tutorial on vaping, is under the category of {"preparation and method of administration"/"other}, it´s called "E-cig/Vaping ROA infographic guide".
There´s a section explaining how to make the "vape-juice+". There are already some posts in the Nexus done about this issue.

I wonder about the spice/juice concentration (ratio) of what you took that night, you can guess by the amount of hits or inhalations a person requires to breakthrough.
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

spanda
#8 Posted : 9/18/2018 7:53:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the_Architect wrote:

Could you mention what type of plants and techniques you used as protection measures?

California Bay leaves scattered on the threshold. Tobacco leaves from my garden were placed at the cardinal directions of the temple, and sprigs of foliage from my one Peganum harmala (I don't like calling it Syrian Rue since it is not a rue and is native to Persia, not Syria) placed on each side of the entrance. We burned a small spoonful of the harmala seeds, smudged each participant with home grown sage, invoked the four directions, prayed for wisdom and light in the journey, thanked the land we occupied and the native people of the area, the plant and spirit allies and all earthlings. I self administered some of my rape' before serving the medicine. At the end of the ceremony I collected all the material into the box I had brought it in and brought it home with me. I sprinkled it around me when I did my journey with my allies on the way home, the rest was buried at the corners of my garden.

spanda
#9 Posted : 9/18/2018 8:16:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the_Architect wrote:

I´m not sure what type of vaping device you used, some of them have like disposable cartridges, others can be re-fill with "vape juice".
I´ve made a infographic tutorial on vaping, is under the category of {"preparation and method of administration"/"other}, it´s called "E-cig/Vaping ROA infographic guide".
There´s a section explaining how to make the "vape-juice+". There are already some posts in the Nexus done about this issue.

I wonder about the spice/juice concentration (ratio) of what you took that night, you can guess by the amount of hits or inhalations a person requires to breakthrough.

I just took a look at your infographic and want to thank you profusely for putting this together. I am excited to get to work on this myself. I'm not sure about the specific concentration in the cartridges I used and my friend who made them is out of range for a while. I know that I could breakthrough with 3 good 4-count hits, but others were taking 4 or 5 which were more tentative and cautiously executed as you might expect from first timers or even experienced users who are trying the delivery method for the first time. I'm a novice with this E-cig method myself so am not sure how to tell if the cartridges are disposable or refillable.

spanda
#10 Posted : 9/19/2018 5:59:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

padawan wrote:
spanda wrote:
Both times I suggest exhaling slowly through the nose, I believe there is additional absorption from the exhaled vapor passing over the nasal septum, just sayin'.

Great point - never crossed my mind, so to speak Smile After my psychedelic break I'm going to give this a go for sure.

For proof that great minds think alike take a look at the_Architects infographic. https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=896878#post896878 I see the same suggestion in that work.