We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2122232425NEXT
Bufotenine Extraction Options

Garulfo
#441 Posted : 9/22/2009 1:03:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
What is it?

If it's white, I bet it is NOT bufotenine Laughing

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

soulfood
#442 Posted : 9/22/2009 8:14:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Haha... you know it.

I've seen it come out when I change a DMT salt to a freebase in solution as well. Always puzzled me.

jamie
#443 Posted : 9/23/2009 8:08:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I just tested about 10 mg of crude bufo extract and it's wonderful..no head tension or nausea AT ALL..i feel very euphoric and mildy psychedelic, like A small hit of lSD or maybe some mushrooms without the body load. Colors are very pleasing to look at and things are enhanced a bit..music is definatily enhanced..I drank a bit of coffee right before as well becasue I heard it synergises well..

My extraction was simple...I toated the seeds in the oven for 30 minutes at 400...grinded them up with a mortar and pestle..mixed in sodium carbonate and water to make the paste..let it dry, then toasted it again the same as before..pulled 2 times with 99% iso, filtered out some of the crap that dropped out later on, evaporated it..it was sort of sticky and gooey after when I scraped it up so I put it near a heater in a dish for 2 days and it didnt harden up at all, it just stayed sticky..so I toasted the extract once more the same as before but only for 15 minutes and then let it dry and its more flakey and less sticky now..

Even with the unextracted snuff which I still enjoy there is some tension and nuasea, but it's not there with the dose of extract I just smoked..only the good effects I am feeling..very pleaSmile sant..and soooo soo much easier on the lungs I will have to try it a few more times to verify this for sure..it could be that the coffe is blocking some of the vasoconstriction..but I took the seeds a few nights ago while stargazing a the beach with some coffe and I did get the constriction and tension that time..

I am planning on making changa with it along with some freebase harmala's so I am quite pleased that those negative effects dont seem to be there..so they wont be amplified by the maoi's..

I still want to try for nice crystals one day..but boiling discusting solvents sounds sooo unappealingConfused ..unless I get other seeds when I run out of my stash that aren't giving me the same effects..
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#444 Posted : 9/23/2009 10:00:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like you have good seeds Smile

Would you mind sending me a PM of your supplier if you would be so kind?

jamie
#445 Posted : 9/24/2009 2:31:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

So I just tested the same dose and the effects are the same...sitting here with headphones listening to some beautiful music and I feel great..got some nice mellow visuals..and no tolerancy it seems..

Iknow 60ron said tolerancy from bufo is 3 days..but some say that about smoked spice as well...spice for me seems to only have tolerancy for a few hours, and none at all when I add MAOI's..so maybe bufo is the same...or maybe more tolerancy happens when it's used every day..perhaps everyone's body is differnet.

Im liking this stuff more and moreVery happy ...might be good for dancing at psy parties and festivals..seems contollable at low to mid level doses anyway..I feel real psychedelic but calm and collective at the same time..very empathic.

I cant find it anymore but I read somewhere last week that Bufo hits more of the same receptors as LSD as compared to DMT...kinda interested me and made me want to experiment more and more with it..alot of people like LSD more than DMT/psilocybin for recreation/music and dancing etc, and I know ron says that 5meo has alot in common with LSD in mental effects when he uses it sublingually..so maybe it has something to do with the 5 position substitution....I wish I could find that source that said that...
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#446 Posted : 9/24/2009 2:38:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you've finally convinced me to give up on stubborn, complex extractions... it sounds like you're having some pretty good results with your own method Smile

How much effort is it to smoke? Do you need to smoke a large amount to notice anything? And do you get the tingly feeling in your head when it's coming on?

Kannamate
#447 Posted : 9/24/2009 10:45:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

how did you do it with alcohol exactly mix the stuff with alcohol siphon off add more filter and let dry?

jamie
#448 Posted : 9/24/2009 4:02:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mixed the toasted freebased snuff powder with 99%iso in a shallow jar, shook it for a while and let it settle and sucked up the alcohol with a glass eye dropper...takes a few minutes but its better than a filter..

Did that 2 times, then put it in a glass dish, came back an hour or 2 later and there was some crap that dropped out of solution so I sucked up the alcohol once again and evapped it..
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#449 Posted : 9/25/2009 6:10:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I smoked about 15-20mg of my extract about 15 minutes ago and it's really getting into the visual range now..things are definatily glowing more than at the lower doses and the euphoria is greater, the DMT nexus logo is breathing and brings out the geometry and sort of pops out 3-dimensionaly..my seashell that I burn sage in was actaully bending around like a cartoon for a minute or so while I was lookingat it..with eyes closed I keep perceiving rainbow colours but not really with my eyes..still no nausea...kinda feel slightly edgy..the way tryptamines can do that..like waves of complete ecstacy and then that overwhelming feeling that acompanies it..but it's all good! I dont really agree that bufo is only visual and not psychedelic either..there is for sure some mind warp going on, a very euphoric empathy that feel mind expanding..in my experiences anyway...maybe not as mind warpish-ish as DMT or psilocybin, but I still feel that mental nudge that can tend to throw me off, especially with psilocybin..

Well I think thats been 3 or 4 days in a row taking bufotenine now..so I am going to take a few days to a week away from it and then experiment some more..I am already planning to take psilocybin tommorow night on a camping trip and I dont want tolerancy to build to tryptamines at all...

Seems it will be real promicing at higher and higher doeses..
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#450 Posted : 11/14/2009 12:24:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If the result of a bufotenine extract dries hard and yellow without assistance is that a good sign?

This was on a small batch of seeds... maybe 5-10g's. I follwed jorkests tek up to the point where you have your dried sodium carbonate and extract after the fumerate stage in acetone. then I added naptha drop by drop until I had a few precipitates, then pour of the solvent and evapped.

Resulting metrial is hard and amber, but showing no signs of crystal formation... It's hard as rock though.

soulfood
#451 Posted : 11/14/2009 2:18:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's what I have after one acetone:naptha purifacation:

I'm quite excited now, as thats the cleanest I've gotten this stuff with the least work. I wasn't even being careful with it as I didn't measure anything or even think too carefully about the process, so all I know is the materials used (too much screwing around here). There's a little bit more to get out of a gooey little pile I have, plus 90g's more seeds to play with.

Im not going to bother trying to get the solubility ratio on that tiny bit until I have more meterial extracted because I'm crap at working with small amounts. But now I've got a brief idea of what I have to do I'm going to extract the rest of the seeds (awaiting more acetone) then experiment to find out the correct ratio of acetone:naphtha.

Oh... yeah I'm not actually using naphtha but a commercial lighter fluid that's very popular in the UK, but it's what I use for DMT extractions, so it should be about the same.

jamie
#452 Posted : 11/14/2009 4:56:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

looks good!..anything not dark brown looks good to me!
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#453 Posted : 11/14/2009 5:00:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tell me about it!

This is my first attempt going for something clean without using limonene, so it's better than I expected so far. I reckon if I play with the ratios I can get something close to the mek:heptane method.

Just waiting for more acetone now. In the meantime I'm trying your IPA thing that I'm going to infuse into some caapi leaf.

69ron
#454 Posted : 11/14/2009 11:04:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Judging by the looks of it, the solvent mix needs to be more non-polar. It looks good though. I think that would be useable as is, with a little nausea present at high doses. Once you get it off-white, there should be no more nausea present.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#455 Posted : 11/15/2009 12:44:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

man I need to try this soon..mostly so I can give it to friends who cant handle any nausea..I took a large dose this morning and saw some really nice visions of a paisley domed roof thing with eyes closed like I was inside of it, really intricate like the "DMT dome"..but there was nausea at the beginning leading into the trip stage..I think I have just become accustomed to the side effects..I can handle dosing high but no nausea would be nice..my friend smoked some with me one day and he liked it at a lower dose but I could tell he was having a hard time when he took more.
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#456 Posted : 11/15/2009 10:08:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Judging by the looks of it, the solvent mix needs to be more non-polar. It looks good though. I think that would be useable as is, with a little nausea present at high doses. Once you get it off-white, there should be no more nausea present.

I've never really had problems with nausea, but all that extra stuff just serves as dead weight.

I've gone for a second run with a acetone:naphtha ratio 1:3, stirred thoroughly and the leftovers are looking much darker this time and the solvent mix is a shade of yellow with a milky looking texture.

Astralking
#457 Posted : 11/25/2009 2:31:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How much of the inner powder do you get from an average seed? And is it definetly reccomended to do an extraction and not make the snuff? Hm.. Think i'll try both.
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

soulfood
#458 Posted : 11/25/2009 2:42:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The shells on the seeds are paper thin. Once it's all blended up you'll be amazed just how much is in there.

I'm say meet in the middle and do a refined snuff. Basically all the toasting and basing steps to make the snuff then pull from it with a good solvent then evap. I hate havin to blow plant matter out of my nose afterwards. Also it's much easier to smoke without all the other crap.

jamie
#459 Posted : 11/25/2009 2:57:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"I hate havin to blow plant matter out of my nose afterwards. Also it's much easier to smoke without all the other crap."

Did you get any visions/decent euphoria when snuffing it?..snuffing is something I want to try with the seeds but I have never snorted anything.
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#460 Posted : 11/25/2009 3:07:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nah, I only ever tried snuffing toasted and based seeds and some of the powder really irritated my throat. 400mg and no effect, so I think I would have to snort at least a gram.

But if you have some extracted I think that would be ok, but expect a bit of a burn. I think nasal dosage is around 60-100mg for pure bufotenine, so maybe 2-300mg crude extract may do the job. That's a lot when you think about how much you get from so little with smoking.

«PREV2122232425NEXT