We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
C.Paspali Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 9/12/2018 2:20:32 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

From what I've seen, there aren't many close up photos (besides microscopic) on the webs. I just collected these specimens, not even an hour ago. The close-up middle of the top photo is newly formed sclerotia.
Still early in the season, they typically form hardened brown/black brain-like sclerotia when the weather gets cold in late fall/early winter.
benzyme attached the following image(s):
IMG_5305.jpg (2,175kb) downloaded 465 time(s).
IMG_5304.jpg (2,661kb) downloaded 461 time(s).
IMG_5309.jpg (2,945kb) downloaded 454 time(s).
IMG_5307.jpg (2,128kb) downloaded 455 time(s).
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 9/12/2018 11:05:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you gonna make yourself some kykeon benz?

But seriously, how is it that all naturally occurring lysergamides come from fungi that grow on the seeds of plants? Is claviceps related to the fungi on morning glory and hawaian baby woodrose, or is it just something in the biochemistry of fungi in general that makes fungi produce lysergamides, but not plants or algea?

benzyme
#3 Posted : 9/12/2018 12:54:07 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

first, I’ll plate honeydew; and get some pics of the organism under the [compound] microscope.
Then sterilize the sclerotia in 15% saline, and cut slerotia, then plate those. after a couple weeks, I’d do a couple transfers, and do characterization under UV, and some preliminary Van urk’s reagent tests. if they check out, onto fermentation of secondary metabolites.

I don’t know the relation to endophytic fungi found in HBWR and MG; they may be distant cousins. their mechanism is the same: hijack tryptophan, and use it in the DMATS pathway. Humidity and temp tend to influence the levels of alk production of the fungus on live plants.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 9/12/2018 3:29:00 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

dragonrider wrote:
how is it that all naturally occurring lysergamides come from fungi that grow on the seeds of plants?

Footnote here: Some races of Lolium arundinaceum syn. Festuca arundinacea (tall fescue) contain ergoline alkaloids, principally ergovaline, in the leaves. I haven't found anything about the alkaloid content of its seeds yet. Epichloë coenophiala is the endophyte responsible for alkaloid production in this instance. (Published yields would suggest that tall fescue is not a viable source species for ergoline alkaloids.)

benzyme wrote:
Humidity and temp tend to influence the levels of alk production of the fungus on live plants.

Me being lazy and all, do you have a good reference for some specific data on this?

Great project, looking forward to further reports Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

benzyme
#5 Posted : 9/12/2018 4:32:16 PM

analytical chemist

http://b-ok.xyz/book/510008/a93655

benzyme
#6 Posted : 9/13/2018 3:42:23 AM

analytical chemist

ahh, I missed the part where they are referring to rye.

anywho, if you find any interesting info specific to paspali in that book, please post. I plan to generate a crap-ton of data.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 9/13/2018 2:57:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks for the link.

I'll continue with my general-purpose data scouring and will be sure to post any relevant comments brought up.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 9/14/2018 8:09:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is a while ago now, but on a couple of occasions i have taken 1P-LSD in conjunction with some morning glory seeds.

The very odd thing was...when the seeds where old, the effects of the 1P-LSD where dulled, but with fresh seeds the effects where being amplified...significantly. It went as far as having OBE's, wich i never had with LSD by itself.

It may seem as if the degradation of LSH into LSA, is responsible for this. But i wonder if there may be other substances in these seeds, and probably the claviceps species as well, that could explain the very extreme synergistic effects i experienced.

Are there lysergamides, that modulate receptors that LSD is active on?

benzyme
#9 Posted : 9/14/2018 8:32:10 PM

analytical chemist

in short, yes..with varying degrees of agonism/antagonism. Ergoline pharmacology is rather complex, given the variety of structures and their different binding affinities on the various 5HT-subtypes

benzyme
#10 Posted : 9/14/2018 9:51:26 PM

analytical chemist

Cool

benzyme
#11 Posted : 9/14/2018 10:23:15 PM

analytical chemist

This is the academic (ATCC) strain, from the original line I worked with in 2011. I kept it in the freezer since then.
Just plated this last week, on plain-jane PDA. I prepped more PDA plates today, with chloramphenicol, for transfers.

IMG_5318.jpg (2,434kb) downloaded 364 time(s).

benzyme
#12 Posted : 9/16/2018 1:33:13 AM

analytical chemist

http://b-ok.xyz/book/2264805/fffb0b
AD48FE1D-858A-44CF-A998-19A5E76BB4EE.png (1,425kb) downloaded 351 time(s).
7DC50E81-47F7-4A63-B59D-335E5CBB8F46.png (913kb) downloaded 348 time(s).
3997A1B2-1023-4E12-9B5B-CF745181A216.png (1,239kb) downloaded 347 time(s).
7037329D-5987-436B-B1D2-598E429A64F4.png (1,724kb) downloaded 344 time(s).

dragonrider
#13 Posted : 9/16/2018 12:04:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
in short, yes..with varying degrees of agonism/antagonism. Ergoline pharmacology is rather complex, given the variety of structures and their different binding affinities on the various 5HT-subtypes

That is very interesting. I was planning to do some more experiments with combining lysergamides, but the times it DID work, the effects where so extreme and unpredictable that it frightened me a little.

But maybe i should not let that put me off. If i can get my hands on some fresh seeds again, wich shouldn't be too difficult.....

If we would know more about how this works exactly, wich chemicals in wich quantities, etc, the consequences could be significant. It's like adding a whole new dimension to the LSD experience.

benzyme
#14 Posted : 9/16/2018 2:59:20 PM

analytical chemist

check the link above those pages I uploaded, your question was what prompted me to link that book . It is pharmacologically comprehensive.

dragonrider
#15 Posted : 9/16/2018 4:56:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OK thanks.

benzyme
#16 Posted : 9/22/2018 3:34:39 AM

analytical chemist

here's a better pic of a new sclerotial cell. collected it from a trail/pond in my neighborhood. there's another underneath, in the middle.
IMG_5402.jpg (1,863kb) downloaded 302 time(s).

benzyme
#17 Posted : 9/23/2018 8:17:40 PM

analytical chemist

major score today. lots of sclerotia.
plated some honeydew on chloramphenicol-PDA, after my last attempts ended up with bacterial colonies.

IMG_5412.jpg (1,773kb) downloaded 287 time(s).

benzyme
#18 Posted : 9/26/2018 11:22:10 PM

analytical chemist

after three days, this is what I got. Purple sectors are high-producers, from what I've read. the plate is clean, with chloramphenicol, it better be.
the dark spots are just carbon deposits, from the flame-sterilized tweezers.
IMG_5420.jpg (1,448kb) downloaded 253 time(s).

benzyme
#19 Posted : 10/6/2018 5:02:19 PM

analytical chemist

so that one ended up being overrun with black mold (I parafilm plates like that, and discard them).
however, I saved the other honeydew transfer, the slow-growing sample on the left. Did a couple transfers from the academic strain on the right.
IMG_5459.jpg (2,072kb) downloaded 224 time(s).

benzyme
#20 Posted : 10/6/2018 5:16:37 PM

analytical chemist

here they are under 365nm light. There is a bacterial colony next to the wild specimen, in stasis. The plates are 0.05% chloramphenicol-PDA.
IMG_5460.jpg (2,441kb) downloaded 218 time(s).
IMG_5461.jpg (3,089kb) downloaded 219 time(s).

12NEXT