We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introducing Bitter Girl Options

Spiralout
#1 Posted : 5/16/2018 3:56:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice!!

That thing looks serious. And it's a scopulicola it looks like? Very good stuff.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Wakinyan
#2 Posted : 5/16/2018 4:16:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

She has been renamed Fat Bottom Girl as I had someone voice an opposition to the name and I really don't like offending people. Glad I could change her name before it was sold.
Wakinyan attached the following image(s):
FatBottomGirlTop.jpg (1,654kb) downloaded 210 time(s).
Fat Bottom Girl.jpg (1,048kb) downloaded 208 time(s).
When I graft you graft we graft

Wakinyan
#3 Posted : 5/18/2018 9:18:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For those interested, I named this one bitter girl at first... as that is my first criteria for keeping a specimen as a general rule. Sometimes a crested variegated gets allowed in regardless of how they taste.

With that being said, many of you have seen how many seedlings I grow each season just to select my one or two keepers.

These were the 7 bitter runner Smile ups that failed to surpass Fat Bottom Girl formerly known as Bitter Girl. Note, they are not all the same cross nor were they selected for their looks. No, they had one thing in common and that was they were my most bitter out of thousands of seedlings raised, but hands down... Fat Bottom Girl won it on all fronts as far as I am concerned.
7of8.jpg (991kb) downloaded 189 time(s).

pete666
#4 Posted : 8/4/2018 11:06:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wakinyan, have you ever tested hers alkaloid content by extraction or analysis? I would be very interested in how much medicine is there, after such effort...
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

Wakinyan
#5 Posted : 8/5/2018 1:29:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pete666 wrote:
Wakinyan, have you ever tested hers alkaloid content by extraction or analysis? I would be very interested in how much medicine is there, after such effort...

Do all wine sommelier extract and perform analysis before giving a critique ? Having been a member of the NAC for several decades, I find that while my ability is not as great as some, it doesn't take much to detect a great difference in content. Those great differences in content are what I am after. The subtle shades in-between do not matter to me.

So, when I put out a stack of 100+ seed grown specimens along with some known specimens for comparison and I tell you hands down that these 14 are better than the next 14 I will show you by far... I believe that to be true based on my many years of experience. Could I be wrong? Could it be that I am letting my subjective biases get in the way?

Sure. Anything is possible. There are other tastes that could also be interfering with a proper analysis if one is only looking at one particular alkaloid.

This is why I have sent out not just 14, but 28 specimens rated from high to mid-range for another person to grow out. Another batch... also sent to the same person total over 100+ cacti so that they can confirm my initial analysis. I believe in all honesty a simple slice and a very small taste will confirm that there is indeed something special going on if this is done with each and every one of these specimens in the order I have presented them. Yes, they are indeed small, but such a small taste test can hardly be overlooked when one is planted such specimens and choosing which to keep and which to discard. My sincere hope, these are indeed tested, but not until after they are tested further after this, but not until enough material is present to enable the security of these specimens in this particular person's stockpile. I do not wish for these genetics to be lost simply for the sake of a quantitative analysis.

With that being said, FBG was only shared with a very few people and I do consider it to be my strongest. Time will tell, but I surely wish and hope the person I have sent the majority of my potent specimens for analysis does indeed take a nibble of each one as the potent ones are clear mile stones away from the Trichocereus bridgesii in my opinion which again... is why I also supplied many.... many specimens by which to compare them to as well as pure species Trichocereus bridgesii Monstrose crested form, wax form, etc.

With all of that being said, one of the first cacti I endorsed in the same manner later became known as Lumberjack. Another fellow also endorsed the same cacti at around the same time. That fellows name was Nitrogen if memory serves.
14BiHightoMid.jpg (2,428kb) downloaded 143 time(s).
14BiMidtoLow.jpg (3,074kb) downloaded 141 time(s).
80extra.jpg (3,082kb) downloaded 141 time(s).

pete666
#6 Posted : 8/5/2018 5:46:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I understand how valuable this method is. And honestly, I can't imagine doing the analysis with every sample when there is such a simple way. That would be waste of anyone's time.
You know my intent and what I am after. Maybe you don't know I am oriented towards pure mescaline experience. So mainly PT and other cactuses low on other alkaloids are considered by me. If we consider just mescaline, than I think this taste method is likely very reliable, as the mescaline simply is bitter and there are no other alkaloids which could potentiate it. Probability of existence of other chemicals neutralizing the taste of mescaline is very low.
It would be just interesting to know what is the real content within the girl, as I consider it a holy grail of cactus when potency is taken into account. You know I have just begun my quest for my most potent medicine, so knowing how far I can get would be really motivating.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

Wakinyan
#7 Posted : 8/5/2018 6:06:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pete666 wrote:
I understand how valuable this method is. And honestly, I can't imagine doing the analysis with every sample when there is such a simple way. That would be waste of anyone's time.
You know my intent and what I am after. Maybe you don't know I am oriented towards pure mescaline experience. So mainly PT and other cactuses low on other alkaloids are considered by me. If we consider just mescaline, than I think this taste method is likely very reliable, as the mescaline simply is bitter and there are no other alkaloids which could potentiate it. Probability of existence of other chemicals neutralizing the taste of mescaline is very low.
It would be just interesting to know what is the real content within the girl, as I consider it a holy grail of cactus when potency is taken into account. You know I have just begun my quest for my most potent medicine, so knowing how far I can get would be really motivating.

Trust me, I get what your saying and I agree that a few independent quantitative analysis tests would be nice to confirm.It It is indeed a logical step for those that wish to do so.

Wakinyan
#8 Posted : 9/12/2018 12:43:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Another Fat Bottom Girl picture from today
911FatBottomGirl.jpg (563kb) downloaded 93 time(s).

pete666
#9 Posted : 9/12/2018 6:18:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lovely, I wish everyone had access to this specimen! I suppose this is the only girl my wife would not mind Smile