We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I donated my liver, even though I am an opiate addict! Options

ZonSun
#1 Posted : 9/9/2018 7:39:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone.

I'll give you all some background information, so you can understand why this happened.
(sorry if this is not the right place)

My sister was diagnosed with acute l. leukemia 5 years ago, she was treated for some time with chemotherapy but on November of lasts year leukemia reappeared. On the 23 december I donated my stem cells or bone marrow (dont know which) for her and everything went okay, she started to get better. Five months later her bilirubin levels started to increase, first signs that something was wrong, was that she had uncontrolable itch, then she started to get pale and then everything was unstoppable, she experienced liver failure. They tried for several months to prevent liver transplant with plasmapheresis and photopheresis but with no success.

So the surest way for her to be saved was for me to donate my liver to her. She couldn't wait any longer because her kidneys started to show signs of damage too. The cause of her liver damage is Graft versus host desease and all the radiation and chemotherapy.

So now 10 days ago we had the operation, everything went good for her and the post operative test are showing signs that she is getting better.

Sorry for the long introduction and back story but you should now in what situation I was in.
When I showed up for the pre-operative tests I did not tell them that I am an addict,I was willing to sacrifice my wellbeing for her and I knew that they would not allow me to donate if I told them.

For 6 days I experienced withdrawals because I was in intensive care unit and could not get my maintenance dose.

Then after six days I took my dose, which luckily isnt much because I tapered down to only 20 miligrams.
My concern is, could methadone and other drugs do me harm to my still not developed liver?

Because I am feeling aches that I did not feel before I took methadone. The side of my liver is aching, people are telling that it is normal but still. I am really concerned because if something happens to me, my sister can not live without me, I don't mind if I die, it is a sacrifice I was willing to take, but if I die, my sister would commit suicide the first moment she would get the chance.

I did some blood tests 4 days ago and everything was normal, for me results of some tests were High but they said it is normal.

The other problem about this whole situation is that the treatment was not being undergone in our home country, she is being treated in Turkey, and we don't know any Turkish, so communication was a xtra huge barrier. I can not ask specific question, or get details, we have a translator but she isn't all the time with us and it is hard to ask anything other than basics through a translator.
Tomorrow I will have some general tests and check up so I hope things will turn out okay, the only thing I am worried that is out of normal is that, 4 nights ago I had chills and fever, the next morning, I told my doctor and he said that you should come to the emergency and measure your temperature.

The other thing is that yesterday, I traveled back home, to Kosovo, and if anything happens during the time I am home it will be very very difficult to do anything, cuz medicine in our country isn't very advanced.

Also, I am in need to do a seance with psychedelics, I can't get acid, I know that lsd is the safer alternative for my situation. I am thinking of taking psilocybe shrooms? but can't find anything other than it saying that shrooms are metabolised by the liver! What hepatic effect do shrooms have?

And while I am on this, what about other drugs? Hypothetically what would be the risk of taking other drugs after donating your liver? If someone would've been a benzo addict? or amphetamine addict? ( I am asking these questions because I know how hard it was for me to get information before the procedure, and maybe it can happen somewhere that somebody might find himself in the situation that I was in).

I thank you prior, for any help and insight all of you will give.

Peace and love.
We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Marijane that said that the shape of happiness might resemble glass. Her reasoning made sense. She said that even though you don't usually notice it, its still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 9/9/2018 8:47:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would stay off phenethylamines. And i wouldn't take shrooms either, in this situation.

My own physical health is excellent, but even i get a mild ache in my kidneys from mushrooms sometimes. And many people, including me, experience nausea as well.
I suppose this is because mushrooms are a product of nature, and may contain many other substances besides psilocybin and psilocin. They sometimes can be infected with other fungi even, in wich case they may contain mycotoxins that are harmless for people with a healthy liver, but less harmless for people in your situation.

The safest of all the classic psychedelic substances i can think of, would be substances like ALD-52. LSD analogues. Or salvia, wich is an entirely different kind of substance. Cannabis can be psychedelic as well, when taken orally, but i have no idea how safe it is when your liver is weakened. Salvia is probably the safest choice. (But not necessarily the nicest, i feel i should add).

hug46
#3 Posted : 9/9/2018 9:14:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Also, I am in need to do a seance with psychedelics, I can't get acid, I know that lsd is the safer alternative for my situation. I am thinking of taking psilocybe shrooms? but can't find anything other than it saying that shrooms are metabolised by the liver! What hepatic effect do shrooms have?

If you are in recovery after having come out an ICU i do not think that you should be taking any drugs other than those prescribed by your doctor. Rest up, get well, take care of yourself. There will be plenty of time for psychedelic seances when you are better.

I also think that you need to tell a/your doctor and the doctor of your sister that you donated your liver whilst being an addict. It is possible that you have put her at risk as well and the more information that her doctor has to work with, the more likely he/she will be able to deal with any complications that may come up. I hope you both get well soon.

ZonSun
#4 Posted : 9/9/2018 9:16:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I don't handle cannabis that well, so I stopped using it almost 3 years ago.

Can you inform me better about why I shouldn't use shrooms, usually I don't experience nausea from them! why do people experience nausea from mushrooms?

For these type of psychoanalytical seances that I perform on myself, I usually use mdma, shrooms or LSD. So MDMA is out of question, it is almost impossible for me to obtain lsd for at least one month, why not shrooms, let's think about the best possibility and think that they are clean and dont have any other mycs that might be dangerous? Can someone provide me with the route of Mushroom metabolisation?

Beside's the physical... I consider myself to be an "experienced" psychonaut! But I have never found myself in this situation!? I might even be the first person ever! What could I expect psychological during the trip? And on what should I keep my guard towards? ( I think the worst will be the fear that it might do something to my liver)

Could you or someone please provide me with articles about it's metabolism and digestion? Or about reports on something similar? I am searching nonstop but can't seem to find anything useful!

Sorry, I forgot to mention: I told them afterwards that I am an addict and everything that I could ( considering the fact that language was a barrier and we talked through a translator, and couldn't communicate the details)

I have become much stronger and consider my self fit for a seance, but might change my mind if I see it being more reasonable.

May Love, Peace and Blessings be with you all!
We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Marijane that said that the shape of happiness might resemble glass. Her reasoning made sense. She said that even though you don't usually notice it, its still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently

leratiomyces
#5 Posted : 9/10/2018 10:07:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Good to hear you are recovering from your operation. Hope all continues to go well for you.

I don't have specific answers to your questions, just general comments.

I'm not sure you are going to find references describing which liver enzymes are responsible for metabolising psilocybin. As you are aware, it is metabolised by the liver. Your liver will be busy regrowing/regenerating over at least the next 12 months. During that time, you should be kind to your liver. Live a healthy life. Avoid medications and drugs that are known to raise LFTs. The most common examples being alcohol and large doses of paracetamol. I am unaware of any literature that shows that psilocybin or lsd raises liver function tests, in typical doses. There is an extremely high chance that you will tolerate these substances fine, in due course.

The question is, when should you return to trying these substances? There is no one answer for all individuals who have undergone a procedure like yours. Liver recovery would vary amongst individuals.

If I were in your shoes, I would wait a while and have normal liver function tests before returning to psychedelics. This would be a good idea both physically and mentally.

You commented on not informing the doctors you were an opioid addict - the most important thing in this regard would be that the doctors screened you for blood borne viruses (hep c in particular) and liver fibrosis. This would have been a routine pre-op procedure, so I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Best of luck with it all.

ZonSun
#6 Posted : 9/10/2018 5:17:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeaah exactly dude, when will it be safe for me to use things.

I think the most logical and reasonable thing to do is wait at least one or one and a half months before using anything.

When comparing LSD and shrooms, I think the safer physical alternative is LSD, but I can;t come by LSD at this time.

About not telling the doctors, yeah they did general check ups even my lungs and brain they checked.
But they had no clue that I am an addict prior of the operation, I told them 4 days after the operation. The psychiatrist bit her lip and told us that I should have told them(for sure they wouldn't have performed the operation).

BTW I am feeling very exhausted, I am sleeping during the day, and at most by 10 pm I am asleep. But I reckon it to be normal, the liver is about metabolise food and convert it to energy and other stuff.

May Love, Peace and Blessings be with you all.

dragonrider
#7 Posted : 9/10/2018 8:02:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ZonSun wrote:
Yeaah exactly dude, when will it be safe for me to use things.

I think the most logical and reasonable thing to do is wait at least one or one and a half months before using anything.

When comparing LSD and shrooms, I think the safer physical alternative is LSD, but I can;t come by LSD at this time.

About not telling the doctors, yeah they did general check ups even my lungs and brain they checked.
But they had no clue that I am an addict prior of the operation, I told them 4 days after the operation. The psychiatrist bit her lip and told us that I should have told them(for sure they wouldn't have performed the operation).

BTW I am feeling very exhausted, I am sleeping during the day, and at most by 10 pm I am asleep. But I reckon it to be normal, the liver is about metabolise food and convert it to energy and other stuff.

May Love, Peace and Blessings be with you all.

Well, some of the LSD analogues are just as good as LSD itself. ALD-52, 1P-LSD and Al-LAD are all pretty decent psychedelics, and the first two are almost indistinguishable from LSD itself. 1P has a much slower onset, but once it is fully active you'll hardly notice any difference.

ZonSun
#8 Posted : 9/11/2018 9:22:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sadly I can not get any lysergamide's except from morning glory seeds, of which I have 35 grams, but I consider them risky to use, in the situation I am in. I can not get salvia either, I only can get phenylethylamines, pharmaceutics, weed, cocaine, heroin, shrooms, ketamine, ghb/gbl and can't remember what else, the sad thing is that for a month or more I can not get my hands on lsd or it's analogues. And for my seances I only use mdma, shrooms and lsd, as I mentioned!

I purchased 5 grams of shrooms, but I won't use them for the time being.

I will keep you updated about my situation.

Thanks a lot for you trying to help me and supporting me.

May Love, Peace and Blessings be with you all!