We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Everettian Worldlines Options

Beatriz
#1 Posted : 9/11/2018 2:42:58 AM

Bienvenidos a bardo

I have read extensively on interpretations of quantum mechanics. The one that stands out the most for me is Everett's many worlds interpretation. Since the 1950s, it has resolved the conflict between the randomness of quantum mechanics and the determinism of relativity. The concept is mind-bending, but sensible: every result of quantum mechanical equations is real, and time splits into every possible timeline. We all get born once and proceed to lead every possible version of our lives.

As I inhaled the vapor, I felt the familiar shimmering of the air around me that comes with the entities. I keep a map of North and South America on my wall from National Geographic. I decorated an area of North Atlantic with a red Chinese stone chop from prewar Nanking with my Grandfather's name in Chinese and English. I stared at the map, and the place names began to morph. I could not make out the script, but the letters definitely became denser and darker, and the angles changed along the coast of South America. The Amazon basin was full of cities, but it's mostly forest now. The countries' borders hadn't changed a bit. My name was not the name on my grandfather's stamp. I picked up the soapstone chop, carved in the form of an old fisherman, that I used to make the imprint. The was not mine.

This is not the first time such a transposition has happened. I have found myself in places where I do not understand the language spoken by those around me. I have even passed considerable spans of time in places I did recognize, only to realize years later that I had once again encountered them. This time, however, the map seemed to give me a message: "things can be different than they are in your world, and we can see both you and them."

I have sought an explanation for the DMT beings for a long time. They can be personable and talkative, intrusively disorienting, wrathful, affectionate, or just plain informative. Most people assume they use hyperspace, but I have never considered this more than a hand-wave of an explanation. I think a more parsimonious explanation is that aliens already exist around Earth and have implanted nanotechnology throughout the biosphere. Some of them probably like messing with drug users and shamans, and use their tiny machines to trigger our neural networks at will.

This experience, however, made me consider whether our elvin friends have access to hyperspatial dimensions as well. If they were able to access the full branching map of the many worlds, they would be able to analyze and compare every possible past or future state of the universe.

The question remains: why do they interact with us at all?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.