We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extracting from a 50/50 Chaliponga/Chacruna tea Options

Lowtones
#1 Posted : 9/8/2018 3:55:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Happy Weekend to all!

So, I've read quite a bit and still have some questions. Many posts say that chaliponga contains 5-meo and that it can create unpleasant body load, etc. Yet when I look at the wiki, there is information to the contrary, saying that perhaps it contains bufo as well as DMT, but not 5-meo.

The reason I am curious is because I plan to extract from a tea made from 50g Chaliponga and 50g Chacruna. I originally made this for aya journeys (brewed caapi separately) and used some, but don't see myself getting around to that kind of work for several months. So, I would like to extract with the intention of making changa (in addition to a bit of other FB extracted from chacruna) Twisted Evil All of this is a sort of roundabout way of asking:

Is there a tek somebody might recommend for this sort of extraction? Or perhaps a solvent that won't pull 5-meo, or very little (I see naphtha and some common solvents should only pull marginal amounts)?

Should I not even worry about pulling some of these other compounds, considering that I plan on making changa with it?

Thank you in advance for the wisdom.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Lumina
#2 Posted : 9/8/2018 12:54:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Most tests that were emplyed recently on Chaliponga material do not indicate the presence of the 5 methoxy variety of goods.
Endlessness started a workflow topic on the subject, tests being made on various batches of D. Cabrerana from various sources, concluding that not even trace amounts were present. All in all it might be a myth or the actual 5 meo activ Chali is a special variety that it’s either rare, dissapeared or very hard to source.. many possibilities here actually. What we know for sure is that the standard Diplopterys Cabrerana cultivar is devoid of any 5 meo.. bufo OTOH might be present in trace amounts.

All that being said, carry out extracting without concern. You will pull a more fatty extract due to the Chali being more rich in lipids, bufo if present will present itself as a viscous oil etc. Ime, if you want to strip these away, there is always the possibility of a mini A/B cleanup step which should take care of that. Imo, i would give the crude a try before purifying it more, just to have an estimate on potency and effects spectrum.

Lowtones
#3 Posted : 9/8/2018 4:33:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great, thanks for clearing that up for me. I think I'll take your advice and go with the full spectrum extraction at least the first time around, especially as it's only 50% chali.