We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
How to standardize leaf dose Options

tregar
#1 Posted : 9/3/2018 4:17:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the past you may have remembered my complaints in dreams of 35g of hawaiian psychotria leaf completely blowing me away (way too much!) with caapi, and at other times 30g of leaf was perfect, and at other times, 30g of leaf was not enough, and this was with leaf from the same batch.

What I used to do was boil 30g at a single time and use that...never knowing the strength.

What I have done since then in dreams is simply brew 210g of leaf "all at one time". Filter it thru wire mesh, then filter it thru cotton ball in a large funnel, then reduce or boil it down to 14oz, with 2oz of the leaf then representing 30g of leaf.

The 14oz batch can then be frozen, and 2oz apportioned out when ready into a pot, add caapi, and it's ready to go.

This way you have seven x 2oz 30g leaf doses, and depending on how strong the 1st trip is from it, you can then determine if you want to pour less out next time, or more, etc.

In other words, boiling a bunch of leaf at one time allows you to create many doses, all of the same strength, and they will always be the same from journey to journey, and you can pour out or use less each time from the main 14oz depending on how the 1st trip went on 2oz.

Much easier this way, and the doses are all standardized. This has saved me alot of trouble, and now I know exactly what I am getting on the 2nd, 3rd, 4rth, 5th, 6th, and 7th subsequent trips...it's just the 1st trip on 2oz that is a bit unpredictable since it is your 1st outing on exactly 30g.

I found the thoughts of Palmer interesting concerning actual boiled down plant liquid vs xtals below...finding the plant liquid to be all-encompassing and colorful:

From "Articulations, On the Utilisation and Meanings of Psychedelics" (2015) by Julian Palmer:
Quote:

Modern day researchers, spearheaded by people such as myself, have realized that Jonathan Ott's calculations fall short of what most explorers need for a truly visionary experience. Even with a strong harmine/Banisteriopsis caapi dosage, 30-60mg of dmt is not sufficient to produce significant visionary effects in most people. So if fact, a dosage of 30-40mg of dmt is where tryptamine-like effects just begin to occur for most people, and 10-25mg dmt is not really noticeable above the gentle psychoactive effects of the harmine.

Each person is different and for some rare individuals, 30-40mg may be about as much dmt as they wish to take--but most people need at least 60-80mg for sufficient psychoactive effects and even at this dosage, you generally cannot expect a full-blown visionary experience, even when using a strong dose of 4 grams of syrian rue or 100 grams of strong caapi vine. Also, it should be pointed out that going beyond 4 grams of syrian rue (around 200-280mg of harmaline) or 100 grams of strong caapi vine (150--250mg of harmine) can increase the negative effects of these beta-carbolines--which include a feeling of heaviness, pressure in the head, inability to walk properly, more purging and perhaps more of an emphasis on bodily processes.

An oral dosage of 100mg of dmt is where the visionary qualities really begin to occur, for most people say when they are taking 3 grams of syrian rue or 80 grams of strong vine, and in context, 40-60 grams of strong vine is enough to fully mao inhibit most people.

I would say to neophyte explorers to tread carefully, and to slowly increase your dmt dosage in increments: perhaps starting at 60mg, going to 100mg, then 150mg. Some people are going to find 100mg of dmt to be exceedingly strong, and it will perhaps give them an experience they did not feel ready for.

** It came to my attention after an embarrassing number of years, that taking freebase crystal DMT orally was not as potent, colourful, or clear as taking the equivalent amount of DMT in a tea that was brewed from the plant. For many years, I couldn't see how there could be a difference, but after doing some comparisons, it was obvious that the tea was much better, and the experiences resulting from the crystalline extract were inferior.

You could take twice or even three times as much DMT crystal as the equivalent in brew, and the experience from the crystal would never be as bright or full as that from the tea. Why could this be?

With extracted dmt, with chemicals used it would appear that some dimensions and qualities of the tryptamine molecules are compromised. Also, there is the factor of isolating the alkaloids from the rest of the plant. For example, there are very few people who say that extracted pure mescaline from the cactus is as potent of full bodied compared to when they take the tea made from the cactus flesh.

When making a tea from the whole plant, you are extracting the essence of the plant intelligence from its very flesh, not just isolating the alkaloids. In the alchemic method "Spagyrics" developed by Paracelsus, often considered the father of modern medicine, the ashes of the plant are commonly burnt and then blended back into an alcohol-extracted tincture. Friends who have experimented with this procedure report that a Spagyric tincture of Ayahuasca is much more potent than a normal tea prepared from the same amount of Ayahuasca vine.

p.s Hawaiian psychotria can still be found. It's very good & streamlined as it does not contain any 5-meo stuff like chaliponga. It's safe and what is used by the UDV, Santo Daime, and Shuar Indian. It's easy to handle and results in a very safe and powerful journey with no weird body senstations or anxiety that can/may result from using chaliponga or barks (which often contain trace amounts of mao inhibitors which can negatively interact with the rima's in caapi), my absolute favorite is the leaf hands down, have dreamed it over 55 times over the decade.

A potent nausea free journey can be had by boiling the blender blended up leaf for 1/2 hour, then filtering it thru wire bowl filters used to strain sphaghetti, then pour it all thru a cotton ball in a large automotive funnel, changing out the cotton when it clogs, it helps to have two of these funnels, side by side in jars, and simply pour off the liquid into the adjacent funnel when the 1st one clogs so you can change out the cotton in the 1st funnel, then back and forth between the 2 funnels, until it is all filtered thru cotton balls--this eliminates nausea to the stomach and intestines as all the sediment is taken out--the only nausea that can then result after all this filtering is brain nausea which can result from using too much leaf which will contain too many actives. Using a moderate dose instead of a super strong dose from the leaf will keep the nausea in check, and result in an enjoyable experience.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Lowtones
#2 Posted : 9/3/2018 5:18:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, that's the way I standardize as well. Make it all in one batch, reduce, then you can figure out how much leaf is present in how much liquid and go from there. Of course it may still hit you a little differently depending on several factors.

I've actually never filtered past a wire strainer, but might be interested in going through the cotton ball if it reduces nausea that much. I considered that, but thought I might lose too many actives.

tregar
#3 Posted : 9/3/2018 6:47:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great to hear you do same as well Lowtones. Since the actives are water soluble, none of it is blocked or taken up by the cotton ball. I find the cotton ball gets rid of any fine/super fine sediment that is normally irritating to the intestines (causes nausea). I've done this over 50 times using the cotton ball, and it works terrific, wouldn't do it any other way, I highly recommend if you like nausea free (to the stomach and intestines) anyways. Learned the importance of filtering from sync and meteor back in the day.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Lowtones
#4 Posted : 9/3/2018 9:26:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I will definitely give it a try next time. My most intense aya experience was somewhat hampered by nausea. I was nauseous pretty much the whole time, but my body did not want to purge for some reason. This made falling into the experience and getting the most out of it quite difficult.

tregar
#5 Posted : 9/4/2018 1:42:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hear you, I don't like nausea either for that fact, for me it detracts from the experience.

In dreams I prefer this method now as in the past I have had too many surprises. I prefer a level 3 journey, but several times I have ended up in +4 territory from the same amount of leaf that used to give me a +2 to +3 journey. 15g of leaf at times was at very rare times equivalent to 30g of leaf, and vice versa. The leaf is just so variable, even the time of day it was picked will influence the alkaloid level heavily. In the +4 journeys, I was unable to move from my place and all I could do to slow down the visuals was to close my eyes and meditate into a happy place in order to find some sense of comfort and peace, even moving an inch would trigger hundreds of new visuals, which was way overwhelming. The +3 journeys were much different in that I was able to move around for the most part, and enjoy the journey with plenty of CEV visions and OEV's for 1.5 hour of very strong effects without being cast too far.

The leaf I dreamed of was extraordinary, 35 grams dreamed was +4 territory and hope to never venture there again if at all possible. Even though I talk about the leaf alot, the real journey and healing come from the caapi, which is also the source of all the visions. Higher doses of caapi and even 2nd doses really take one to incredible scenery and teaching lasting many hours. I will never forget the scenes of naked beautiful women twirling in front of rotating marble pillars, beautifully decorated elephants from India, waterfalls in remote places, distant islands, Atlantis, a beautiful girl's face with freckles, remarkable gardens, etc. etc. all due to large amounts of caapi, with the leaf serving to color and light up the visions.

Legarto Rey
#6 Posted : 9/4/2018 9:55:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Tregar, thanks for posting this very useful tek and general info re brew and Chacruna/Caapi in particular. Many newbs about. Your "funnel tek" is broadly applicable AND the reality of short boil brews makes the ayahuasca/anahuasca experience much more ergonomic.

Remind me, do you typically use ground Caapi vine or extract for "force"? Also, do you "funnel tek" your Caapi prior to reduction? I would remind the novice, always filter THEN reduce.

Peace

Jagube
#7 Posted : 9/4/2018 11:50:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd be surprised if someone brewed one dose at a time.

I wonder what alkaloid composition would produce the same visions you describe with Caapi?

tregar
#8 Posted : 9/4/2018 4:34:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Legarto Rey, others here have mentioned to me that the funnel and cotton ball method worked for them as well to greatly reduce or eliminate stomach and intestinal nausea. Sync and meteor back in the day used a similar filtering method (hand operated vacuum pump and filter paper), but I have found the cotton ball is easier and works faster.

Jagube said:
Quote:
I'd be surprised if someone brewed one dose at a time.

I wonder what alkaloid composition would produce the same visions you describe with Caapi?
Yes, it's hard to believe I was dreaming it this way for many years! only boiling 30g at one time. To really bring out the caapi visions, what I have done, and works very well, is to dream 1/2 of your caapi dose (say 25+g vine or 1/2 of an extract) a couple hours before your main dose (50+g of caapi or more, or a full extract) by itself; taking your main dose with a less than moderate amount of leaf (around +2 to +3 level journey), this will bring out the caapi visions and they will be colored by the leaf, it is best not to overshoot the leaf if using this method, as too much leaf with this higher amount of harmalas in the system make it easier to throw up, but this won't happen if leaf levels are kept moderate to low, but it's important to watch. This is more for advanced dreamers and takes practice and know how of your leaf so that you make sure to use a low to near moderate amount of leaf (hence the importance of standardization) when you take your main dose. But if done properly, the caapi visions can be seen for hours after the "main dose" kicks in some hours after the 1/2 dose was taken. There are different ways of dreaming this, but this is just one way to get more out of the caapi. Again, this is best dreamed with psychotria only, as there is no 5-meo traces (as found in chaliponga) or trace amounts of mao inhibitors (as found in barks) to interact with the rimas in caapi which can/may cause anxiety or weird body sensations.

tregar
#9 Posted : 9/4/2018 5:41:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube, besides Shanon's book "Antipodes of the Mind" and the visions that resulted from caapi + leaf, there is also the experiments from Dr. Naranjo.

Patrick Lundborg's massive 520 page book "Psychedelia, an Ancient Culture a Modern Way of LIfe" in chapter 3 "Discovering the Amazon" has a subsection on Dr. Naranjo's harmaline experiments and the visions that resulted for the participants. If you are interested in caapi or peganum harmala visions, this is an interesting read. He showed visions resulted from harmaline at 4mg per kg by mouth.

"With closed eyes, imagery was abundant and most often vivid and bright colored, with a predominance of red-green or blue-orange contrasts, long dream like sequences resulted. Certain themes: felines, negroes, eyes, and flying were frequent and common."
tregar attached the following image(s):
psych.jpg (21kb) downloaded 149 time(s).

strtman
#10 Posted : 9/4/2018 6:55:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tregar, thanks for your input.

Reading your posts, also the ones posted earlier in other discussions, I have the impression that you prepare your brew only with caapi. Have you also made ayahuasca with syrian rue, If so, what are the differences you experience in both brews? I do not mean differences in tolerance, nausea or whatever physical issues, but pure the visuals or other mental aspects.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

ShamensStamen
#11 Posted : 9/4/2018 7:38:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ime/imo, most people haven't worked enough with Rue, they take like 3 grams and are like "it's not the same as Ayahuasca", even though if you keep taking 3 to 4 grams, the reverse tolerance builds up, the Harmala content gets stronger, and more Aya-related effects comes out. Rue and Caapi may be different, but they're the same technology. Sure Caapi feels better than Rue, but Rue is just as capable of what Caapi is (maybe minus the THH and other background alkaloids, but the Ayahuasca effect, and the Ayahuasca path and spirit, Rue definitely contains).

Jagube
#12 Posted : 9/4/2018 8:39:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Tregar, I was wondering more about the amounts of the harmala alkaloids (harmine, harmaline and THH) in a dose of a hypothetical 'caapi copy' that would mimic the effects you describe, and I didn't mean to imply you would know the answer, but thought someone might be able to provide some clues.

The reason I'm interested in this is I've been working with Rue, as well as Rue mansked extracts and reductions of harmaline to THH. While I think Rue is a great plant teacher in its own right, it's different from Caapi. My quest is to find a Caapi-like alternative that could be grown locally and therefore be more sustainable, cost-effective, broadly available and allow non-tropical gardeners to become self-sufficient.

I've recently succeeded in obtaining THH from harmaline and I'm in love with this molecule in combination with harmine (and optionally harmaline) and DMT-containing teas (which I like in their crude form). I understand there are many varieties of Caapi with different alkaloid ratios and producing different subjective effects, so there is no such thing as 'the right ratio'. I feel the THH adds beauty, grace and depth. Yesterday at daytime I had a very light dose of my own 'caapi copy' composed of harmine and THH with very little MHRB tea, which didn't produce strong effects, but then I took 3mg of melatonin at night and experienced very vivid, colorful and meaningful visions while awake - not fractals or geometric patterns, but people, animals, nature scenes... they were like the Ayahuasca visions you describe.

ShamensStamen
#13 Posted : 9/4/2018 8:47:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Why do people hate Harmaline so much? One can add different plants to Rue or Harmaline-containing extracts and really clean it up, feels as clean and clear as Harmine. Lemon Balm does this, Lemon EO does this, i imagine plenty of other plants or possible oils can as well. People don't understand how easily alterable this kind of medicine is (the Harmalas and DMT) by the addition of other plants/oils/supplements, etc. Sure you could use Caapi and not have to do that, even though people do that anyways as admixture plants is a big thing with Ayahuasca, so too with Rue, but why do people have so much hate for Rue as if it is inferior to Caapi? As far as i'm concerned, they're just different flavors of the same technology.

Legarto Rey
#14 Posted : 9/5/2018 9:58:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Probably not a matter of "hating" Rue. Folks develop affinity for particular approaches and traditions. I'd like to think of Nexians as current era "researchers". I consider myself a, anahuasquero. Being silly, but actually happy to try different approaches and share with ALL you great people!

Personally, I'm a minimalist and find working with larger amounts of plant material a bit of a hassle. Rue extracts and moclobemide are simple to use. I'm starting to work with Caapi extracts, but need some practice. I do enjoy Chaliponga, though it can be scary if overdone, like any DMT carrier. Recently I've included a few Datura seeds in my brew...very interesting and does seem to mitigate centrally mediated nausea. Apparently use of small amounts of nightshade material, toe', is common in Amazonian brews.

Peace

Jagube
#15 Posted : 9/5/2018 10:47:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen wrote:
Why do people hate Harmaline so much? One can add different plants to Rue or Harmaline-containing extracts and really clean it up, feels as clean and clear as Harmine.

I don't see anyone implying that they hate Rue in this thread. If you're alluding to my last post, I said I'm looking to replicate Caapi and Rue seems to be a good candidate source, because the major (or all?) Caapi alkaloids can be obtained from it, and since it's so potent, many doses can be prepared at once without handling large volumes.

That doesn't mean I hate Rue. When someone living in a cool zone tries to build a microclimate (or a greenhouse) to grow oranges, that doesn't mean they hate apples. It means they like oranges and would like to make them more locally available; it doesn't say anything at all about their taste for apples.

I'm not sure what you meant about lemon balm and lemon EO cleaning up harmaline. But I did a search and saw your recent posts about these plants / oils removing nausea. If that's what you meant, I don't really experience nausea from harmaline. But I do find harmaline very different from harmine. If lemon balm or lemon EO can make it indistinguishable from harmine (including shorten its duration), I'd like to hear more. But it would probably be best to do it in a separate thread as we've already veered far from the original topic.

ShamensStamen
#16 Posted : 9/5/2018 4:36:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Naw i wasn't referring specifically to anyone in this thread, i just generally wonder why people seem to think Rue can't do what Caapi does, particularly people in the Aya facebook group that is filled with shaman loving, tradition following, Caapi favoring, Rue hating people who think if you don't take Aya in a certain way, their way, then you're doing it wrong or not getting the full experience or if you use Rue you're not using Caapi so you can't say it's Ayahuasca even though it's the same technology just a different flavor (imo), and that you can't possibly get the same stuff using Rue that you can get using Caapi.

As for what i mean about Lemon Balm or Lemon EO cleaning up Harmaline/Rue, i don't mean nausea, i mean the bodyload and how it physically and mentally feels. It feels so clean, that it can be difficult to even feel the Harmaline even a high/heavy dosage of Harmaline, like you can still feel a certain feeling associated with the higher Harmala dosage range but things feel so clean and clear, which is completely different compared to how Rue feels on it's own. As far as nausea goes, Lemon EO seems to help a good bit, i think, i still have to do more testing, but it's looking promising, Lemon Balm on the other hand i don't think does anything for nausea, for me anyways, it's just good at relaxation, reducing anxiety/terror/fear/panic, smoothing out the come up, and cleaning up how Rue feels. I wouldn't say it's indistinguishable from Harmine, but that it feels as clean/clear as Harmine, or Moclobemide does, duration is still the same (which i don't mind the duration, 6 to 8 hours is fine by me).

Lowtones
#17 Posted : 9/6/2018 1:58:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen wrote:
Why do people hate Harmaline so much? One can add different plants to Rue or Harmaline-containing extracts and really clean it up, feels as clean and clear as Harmine. Lemon Balm does this, Lemon EO does this, i imagine plenty of other plants or possible oils can as well. People don't understand how easily alterable this kind of medicine is (the Harmalas and DMT) by the addition of other plants/oils/supplements, etc. Sure you could use Caapi and not have to do that, even though people do that anyways as admixture plants is a big thing with Ayahuasca, so too with Rue, but why do people have so much hate for Rue as if it is inferior to Caapi? As far as i'm concerned, they're just different flavors of the same technology.

I haven't tried rue yet, but likely will at some time. Probably when I start my garden Very happy For me it's more about going slowly and "getting to know" one plant at a time. I don't want to get too "shaman-y" but I do believe in developing a relationship. I take the medicine so infrequently that it's taking me quite a while just to get to know caapi and the addition of small amounts of light.

I certainly wouldn't shame anybody for going with other materials. For me it's all about preference, and as I am kind of an analog guy/artist more than a scientist, I prefer in general over FB DMT.

tregar
#18 Posted : 9/7/2018 4:02:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with ShamensStamen that there is much to be learned from rue, I've collected some documents over the years about this, and listed some below. I have read the book from beg to end entitled "Haoma", the bible on rue by two authors working together, available to read on-line for free, as the book costs several hundred dollars otherwise.

Lowtones, I wonder what 100mg of harmaline and 200mg of thh would be like in dreams? I would imagine the visions from the dreamy trance like harmaline would be greatly brightened & colored by the thh. Even though normal caapi has very low amounts of harmaline, the 2nd largest alkaloid in caapi seems like it is capable of bringing out the "harmaline visions" even when it is found in very low amounts in caapi due to thh's brightening abilities.

They have found the brain waves generated by harmaline put one into a dream-like state, but the visions you see are totally unlike dreams you get at night, see the bottom quote from Shanon at the end of this thread for a beautiful example of what he saw, here is one of my experiences below:

In one experience decades ago with large amounts of caapi only allowed me to with closed eyes see a beautiful garden trellis with flowers, a ship on the ocean, a woman searching for a lost ring in the medieval period, flying like a bird over what looked like Los Angeles as I could see all the swimming pools below, island tikis up close, a chalkboard full of mathematical equations and scientific ideas, etc. It was really neat. I could tell it had harmaline in it as I was a bit dizzy and had trouble walking around, but the thh in the caapi obviously to me seemed to brighten and bring out the harmaline visions even in the low amounts it was found in within the caapi. So I think all the alkaloids work in tandem to create and brighten the visions.

I am quite sure this would be possible with just harmaline alone, except that larger amounts of harmaline would be needed when used by itself. Just as Naranjo found it very vision inducing at 4mg per kg for each of the people in his studies. When using THH with harmaline, you need much less harmaline due to the THH being able to brighten the harmaline visions imho.

More on rue seed visions from TIHKAL:
Quote:
(with 5 g Peganum harmala seeds, ground, in capsules) "At about 1:45 tinnitus was obvious. At 2:00 precise movements were problematical and nystagmus was noticeable. Mild nausea and diarrhea, but no vomiting. I was sensitive to light and sound, and retired to a dark room.

Hallucinations were intense, but only with the eyes closed. They consisted, initially, of a wide variety of geometrical patterns in dark colors, getting more intense as time went on. They disappeared when the eyes were opened. Although the loose bowels and nausea were pretty constant through the first part of the trip, I was not afraid. It was as if the "fear circuits" in the brain had been turned off. The geometric shapes evolved into more concrete images, peoples faces, movies of all sorts playing at high speed, and animal presences such as snakes. It was like vivid and intense dreaming except that I remembered most of it afterwards. In another hour things became manageable and I could go out in public. My sex drive was pleasantly enhanced, and I slept very well."

Article by Most on rue:
Quote:
The Harmala Alkaloids

The harmala alkaloids are psychoactive in man at oral doses of 25 to
750 milligrams. A small dose (25.50 milligrams) is a CNS stimulant.
it increases mental activity and produces a pleasant dreamy state for
several hours. The larger doses-- 200 milligrams up to 750 milligrams--
yield the hallucinogenic effects. The experience usually begins within one
hour and often lasts six hours or more,

The initial effects include nausea, vomitting, increased blood pressure and
heart rate, profuse sweating, dizziness and body tremors. During this
initial period you may hear humming or buzzing noises and you may notice a
wave-like movement of the environment. You may feel alternations of hot and
cold, You may even experience the feeling of sinking together with the
sensation of flight.

These initial effects can be discomforting. They tend to produce anxiety
and encourage a withdrawal from the external world. You will probably
perceive environmental sights and sounds, especially other persons, as
disturbing objects and wish to avoid them. Seek a dark, quiet place where
you can enjoy the hallucinatory trance which follows.

The hallucinatory trance consists of three successive stages of
hallucinations. You will know stage one when your sense of darkness is
interrupted by bright flickers of light. These phosphene-based sensations
first appear as colored dots, specks, stars or simple flowers. They give
way to undulating lines, circles, grids, simple forms, abstract designs and
multi-shaped geometrical patterns. Relax and enjoy a closed-eye
contemplation of the floating, ever-changing pattern of these little images.

In stage two the abstract designs of stage one give way to slowly
moving masses of shapes and colors. Larger shapes take form in a slowly
developing pattern of hallucinatory images. These images acquire a personal
character as your unconscious mind projects your fears and desires upon the
shapes and colors of your visions. Do not be alarmed if the horizon seems
to collapse in a bright flash of light or if your hallucinations turn into
frightening animals. Huge birds of prey, large jaguars and snakes are
common hallucinations with harmala alkaloids. Observe and enjoy the
bright colored imagery as it changes continually in a flowing transformation
of dream-like sequences.

Hours later, in stage three, this panorama of vivid fantasy fades into
the slow movement of shapes and colors. These images disappear, in
turn, as the last stage of the hallucinatory trance wears off. If your
harmala experiment is part of a group experience, you may be surprised by
the unusual similarity in the content of each other's hallucinations. The
harmala alkaloids tend to produce collective hallucinations--especially
archetypal imagery--among group members. This access to "collective
unconscious" is such an extraordinary effect that the harmala alkaloids have
earned the name "telepathines". These unusual alkaloids are present
naturally in harmala, the Hallucinogenic Herb of the American Southwest.

Important Considerations

Every psychedelic experience is chiefly a function of set and setting, of
preparation and environment. The better prepared YOU are, the better the
experience will be for you. Consider the following instructions:

* Do not drink any alcohol or take any drugs or medication when experimenting
with MAO inhibitors (Ie, the harmala alkaloids).

REMEMBER: MAO inhibitors interfere with the bodys ability to detoxify
certain drugs and fermented foodstuffs. Narcotics, barbiturates,
tranquilizers, antihistamines, amphetamines, all forms of alcohol and
foodstuffs containing tyramine are potentially LETHAL when used In
combination with MAO Inhibitors.

* Provide a comfortable setting which is as free as possible from unforeseen
distractions and intrusions. Make sure you will not be disturbed for six
to eight hours.

* Enjoy your trip!

Albert Most

~Shanon (from Antipodes of the Mind, beautiful example of the dream like visions from caapi being brightened and colored by the leaf):
Quote:
By way of conclusion, I present two additional examples. Unlike all other examples in this chapter, which consist of specific visualizations pertaining to specific content items, these examples are records of sessions. They cite or summarize the various visualizations experienced by one individual drinker in one setting. I bring them in order to give the reader a more direct feel of the visionary experience induced by Ayahuasca.

The first example consists of a 'real-time' verbatim report of what I saw in one session in which I partook of Ayahuasca by myself. I spoke aloud describing what I was seeing and notes were taken by the person who watched me. This session is not part of the core corpus and it is the only session of which I have such a recording. Overall, I would characterize this session as one of moderate strength. In it, there were no grand visions and most of the visualizations in it are snapshots and relatively simple scenes. Furthermore, in this session I had very few ideations and no special psychological insights or spiritual experiences whatsoever. Yet, I find this report to be especially valuable in portraying the general flavour of Ayahuasca visions. Manifest in it is a fairy tale-like ambience and an overall air of magnificence and enchantment. Also featuring in the report are several details that are characteristic of Ayahuasca visions in generalโ€”these include fire (note the various ways it is incorporated within the narrative of the vision), light-producing objects, carriages, and processions. Also recurrent in the report are turning movements, upward movements, and looking forward far into the distance. One comment made by a person seen in this visual sequence is a good example of how ideas relate to Ayahuasca visualizations. The entire sequence lasted about forty minutes:

A golden crystal chalice.

Flowers. In the flowers there are birds and insects and the birds go up and up.

A wheel is turning and there is a rod that is turning round and round. From it, a fire ignites.
An old man holds a taper and from it the fire climbs up and up.

A futuristic city.

A Chinese king is sitting and turning his parasol. Now he is in his study. In the background, birds are kissing one another.

A great hallโ€”like an animated movie.

There is a code hereโ€”like that of Morse or the genetic code. The code is constituted by many, many dots, the density between which varies. All this is a language calling to be deciphered.

There is something that pushes up and up. It is like a mountain train. All the time it goes up and up.

A car from the 1920s. Delightfully magnificent. From it emerge light and flowers. Advancing with this light, we pass along gold-plated walls and come out through a staircase made out of gold and ivory. The steps go up and down and reach a theatre.

Up in the heavens there is a woman escorted by a man. In the woman's hand there is a torch that swirls. Lights come out of it in the form of flags and the flags turn into hats full of gems. The gems are sparkling.

A scene in Europe in the sixteenth or perhaps the eighteenth century. Knights are riding. They are mounted upon magic motorcycles full of colours and light. All is like a cartoon and enchanted. It is all part of big procession. There are also small dwarfs there. Two of them are holding a banner with the insignia of the sovereign.

An Indian is smoking a big pipe. Through an old telescope, a man is peering into the far reaches of the universe. A view of the planet Earth turning round and round.

Beautiful gardens like Versailles and the Tuilleries.

There are ballerinas there. Like a cabaret. Their thighs are exposed. One woman gets to the balustrade and is watching the audience.

The Indian is smiling. The message is that 'all of these are the expressions of the same source, a source of bounty and grace'.

In a King's reception hall. There are chalices full of wine. Long processions of carriages proceed further and further. Slowly, all the time, the horsemen are pushing forward. In the hall, the seats are made out of silver. There is a feast. A big pot is placed in the middle. A fruit salad is offered in goblets of finely polished, very clear glass. Slowly, the chef pours some sort of syrup or gooey topping. The sauce covers the fruit and then it ascends upwards.

An elephant lifts up its trunk high and looks far, far forward. Up there are birds and they are looking in my direction. There are flowers, and butterflies are flying from flower to flower. All are washed in the light of the sun.

Women are dancing. Carriages come one after the other and the wine flows. An officer approaches a carriage and salutes. The footman bows and opens the carriage's door. The Queen is stepping out.

tregar
#19 Posted : 9/8/2018 2:54:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmaline makes me nauseated and dizzy in dreams but it is quite the closed eye realistic vision producer. You really do feel clairvoyant. Flying like a bird over landscapes I will never forget.

ShamensStamen
#20 Posted : 9/8/2018 3:28:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I like Harmaline better with the reverse tolerance built up, no nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, no rough body load, the motor function impairment is reduced and no motion sickness/dizziness.

12NEXT