We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
How many tries until you struck gold... Options

endlessness
#21 Posted : 8/30/2018 12:06:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hendrix87 wrote:
I've had nothing but failures out of all of my attempts so far

2 extraction attempts on same bark and variations of the same smoking method

Hendrix87 wrote:

I'm at the point where I'm going to look like a weak quitter

You shouldnt care what you look like, rather just do what you feel is better to do given your preferences and the situation. Do you want to get to the bottom of this question of why you have had no success? No? Then stop putting time into it, and at least you can learn someting from the failure, and move on.. Yes? Then go ahead and do the tests that need to be done to eliminate the possibilities and either end up having success or at least learning more things on the way and coming to a more informed conclusion.

Hendrix87 wrote:
if i do get unlucky and find myself in that situation where i try every possibility and still end up with no success then I'm going to tell you that i was right all along and i should have listened to my own instincts

So you're doing all of this to prove me wrong and show that you are immune to dmt? Do you really think that is the right mindset to use this substance? Take ownership of your actions, you should do something if you want it, and not do it if you dont. I shouldn't really matter to you.

Also, I never said it is impossible you are immune to dmt, I said it's unlikely that both you and your friend are, and anyways there's nothing you can do if that would be the case, but there's a lot of other things you can do if that is NOT the case and the fault is elsewhere. Therefore, isn't it logical to first eliminate other possibilities, if you really want to get this working? And if you don't want to get it working, isn't it better to just stop it, and stop caring about what others think ?

Hendrix87 wrote:
But at least I'll get a pat on the back because i eliminate every single possibility that someone throws at me right ??

I don't know what people are "throwing at you" but I am trying to help you with the 3 most likely possibilities of failure in my experience. Want to disregard it? Be my guess.. It is fine to disagree, but if you disagree you need to have informed opinions and well developed arguments.

I'm not here to pat you on your back, I'm here to help people having good experiences and a good attitude in this forum. You asked for help, I tried giving you.

Hendrix87 wrote:
And please stop assuming so much, I haven't come to any conclusions from a " single misleadingly worded poll "

Is it not true that you made a single thread asking people what experience they have with failures, without mentioning the starting material?

Did a significant number of the people you talked to personally had acacia acuminata bark experience? If not, then my point stands.

Hendrix87 wrote:

And by the way, I don't disregard anything anyone says here, But when different people are telling you conflicting things then it's difficult to know what to believe.

There should be no belief involved, you need to inquire further. How did the people claiming the things you said arrive at that conclusion? Do they have any evidence behind it? If so, what? Do other reports corroborate? Are there published papers on it ? Does searching keywords related to it give me any further interesting info?

Hendrix87 wrote:
I understand why you are getting frustrated with me endlessness, It's because I'm not just using your advice and your advice only and I'm not completely disregarding everyone else's advice on a whim because you feel that you know better than them

No, I am getting frustrated because you disregard things out of gut feeling and not out of a coherent argument. You are free to disagree with anything I say, in fact, I'd love it if you disagreed and gave me a good reason why so that I learn something new and change my views. But if you come asking for help, I take my time, and you ignore it without having anything really to back up, then yes I get frustrated.

Hendrix87 wrote:
Yes you told me that you don't think that i was immune to it and gave a few reasons why you believe that, But there were some other people who kept saying otherwise. So please don't try and act as if everyone was agreeing with you and that i was just unwilling to listen

And what was the argument they gave, and what was the evidence behind it? It doesnt matter who said what, me included.. It's all about the substance of what is being said.

Hendrix87 wrote:
Now in regards of every single person I've been talking to about my situation here at the nexus, If you feel that they aren't as knowledgeable as you then fine, BUT I'VE ONLY BEEN ON THE NEXUS HERE FOR TWO MONTHS, IF EVERYONE HAS HAD SUCCESSFUL EXTRACTIONS THAT RESULTED IN SUCCESSFUL DMT TRIPS THEN HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHO IS MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE ON THE SUBJECT AND WHO'S ADVICE I SHOULD LISTEN TO AND WHO'S I SHOULD IGNORE ??

Were any of those people using acacia acuminata bark? If not, how is that information even relevant? As for who to listen to and who to ignore, as mentioned, it's not about the person, it's about the substance of what they said.

If you want to get into this, you need to spend time researching, not just listening to people but contrasting the information with other sources. Two months is not a long time, if you really want to learn the ins and outs, the details of different aspects of pharmacology, chemistry and extraction, etc..

Hendrix87 wrote:
My dmt didn't work when i smoked it. I kept trying over an hour or two. I then went to bed and woke up and came on the nexus to find out what my problem was.

Your supposed dmt... May be DMT, may be other alkaloids, may be a mixture in any proportion, etc. Also the way you described "trying" imo showed you are not doing the best smoking method, I told you this already in the chat. It doesn't matter how long you try something, it's how you try that matters.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Hendrix87
#22 Posted : 8/30/2018 2:30:54 PM

Words keep flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup they slither lightly as they make their way across the universe....Pools of sorrow waves of joy keep drifting through my open mind inciting and inviting me....limitless undying love that shines aro

Obliguhl that's interesting. The heat that people use seems to be another point of contention.

Some say that the temperature isn't important, Some say that it's crucially important. Some say that luke warm heat baths are best, Some say that hot and almost boiling water is best, Some say that cool baths work best, Some say that a cycle of heating and letting it cool to room temperature and then heating again and continuing the heating and cooling cycle is best. Some say that one consistent temperature is best for heat baths, Others say a temperature that slowly changes is best.

I followed cybs tek, So on my first extraction attempt i did luke warm heat baths. I had a tiny bit more success in my second extraction by doing hot heat baths though, Heated to the point of almost boiling.

And you say that a poor smoking method can lead to subpar results, Does that include getting zero results and feeling zero effects whatsoever ?

Cheers.
Watching the wheels - John Lennon.

endlessness
#23 Posted : 8/30/2018 2:38:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To all those who affirm one thing or another about heat, I'd ask them: How did you come to that conclusion? What kind of tests did you perform, did you compare 2 separate side by side batches?

As for the no-effects during smoking, yeah bad smoking technique can lead to 0 effects in some cases, or light effects in others.. Didn't you mention you felt 'something' ?

obliguhl
#24 Posted : 8/30/2018 5:25:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To clarify, i was talking about applying too much heat during the vaping process. I found out because properly vaped DMT does not hurt as much as burnt DMT. One time i completly burnt my DMT, i did not get an effect or a very mild one.

As for extractions, i found that heat is not necessary but does pull out a lot of the "oily dmt".

I think everyone can extract dmt and vape it properly. It might take some trial and error but if you slowly change your variables and rule out potential problems, you should be fine.

swimer
#25 Posted : 8/30/2018 8:56:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did 3 extractions and first was in my opinion fail as i overheated my mix.

First attempt(Cybs salt tek): Left my jar in water with little flame on. The temperature reached about 80c (i was busy and forget to turn it off on time) and after this i extracted only goooo actually tons of gooooooo without any crystals.

Second attempt(Cybs sal tek): kept on about 60c dropping to 50c and reheating again. Didnt have equipment to test ph etc and recieved 1.2 from this extraction so it was first success.

Third attempt(Max Ion tek): Ph was perfect and temperature after more research on forum was all the time kept between 55c dropping to 40c. about 2.0 from extraction.

From those attempts i will stick to this 55-40 all the time now as i was really happy with the result.

downwardsfromzero
#26 Posted : 8/30/2018 9:25:58 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

swimer, goo is not a fail in and of itself.

Not knowing what to do with goo is perhaps more of a fail.

Expecting crystals was perhaps a fail.

DMT extraction can be endlessly fascinating.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

swimer
#27 Posted : 8/30/2018 11:53:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me personally just a fail because i wanted to extract crystals so didnt get what i expected.On the other hand i understand what you mean Smile

leratiomyces
#28 Posted : 8/31/2018 12:27:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Hendrix,

Everyone can end up being successful at extracting their own, it's a matter of trying and learning.

You started this thread,

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=81118

I am more than happy to help if you respond to my questions.

I can understand your frustration at receiving conflicting advice, and at times, huge amounts of conflicting advice. This is one of the inherent characteristics of intent forums. Who's right, who's wrong, etc, etc.

Endless is not having a go at you, he is trying to help. I don't know endless, but all you ever see from him is diplomatic, non-offensive posts. He goes out of his way to help people very often.

A story for you Hendrix. On one of my first extractions a got 0.5 percent yield from obtusifolia phyllodes. Not a bad yield. This was a solid, not goo. I had it analysed by endless through energy control. It was 98 percent nmt.
Guess what would have happened if I smoked 30mg of that?
Sweet FA.

blue.magic
#29 Posted : 8/31/2018 12:28:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One, but that was a beginner's luck.

Subsequent extraction went worse up to a catastophes, losing lots of material by experimenting and reinventing wheels.

My technique became more solid with the 5th extraction or so.

Northerner
#30 Posted : 8/31/2018 12:51:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I practiced doing harmala extractions first until I got the hand of doing A/B type reactions, lots of fun. And mess, so much mess Razz

I read and understood each step, what exactly it does, rather than just doing because the writing says so.

Moving to other alkaloids was easy then.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Simply_Me
#31 Posted : 9/2/2018 3:38:50 AM

Live the Life you Love

My very first extraction I used a cheap bottle like the one posted in CYB's Salt tek and as I put it in a double boiler I heard a "POP" and picked up the glass to look at it and voom, all the basic solution went all over the stove, floor, and counter top.... I grabbed a sponge and soaked up what I could and still used NAPHTHA on what I retrieved and got base soup contamination and yet it smelled so strongly of DMT I knew I had "something"... This was before I bought my scale and I was taking tiny little hits but still it was enough (six hits each,me and a friend) to want to improve my procedures and continue.

Smoking, I tried some bowl type device and it sucked so I bought I crack pipe and put 5 stainless screens in it and loved it but thought that I was missing something so I bought a GVG. First hit was the most I had ever used at the time and it was not as good as half of that with the Crack pipe so I bought a Yocan Evolve XL quad coil. I did a .032 and it was so - so so I went with a .040 with the GVG and BANG - WOW, I had done it. Now I have been able to reduce the dosage to .027 with the GVG and I must say the crack pipe with 5 screens crumpled keeps up pretty well, not as clean a hit, but damn good for a discreet little thing I can through away without crying. I sometimes take a hit for a walk and you never know...
I realize that no one book, one person, or even one ideology will have all the answers. I believe my job is to remain open yet discriminating. My intuition helps me discern truth, and wisdom helps me identify malicious intentions.

PREV12