We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Chaliponga Extraction STB Tek Options

MrAyahuasca
#1 Posted : 8/26/2018 1:48:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

20g Chaliponga
100ml Naptha
250ml Bottled water
6g Lye

I was looking online to see results for chaliponga extraction and I didn't see many that mentioned their results.

I mixed the bottled water 6.5ph with the caustic soda (left for an hour) and added 20g of ground chaliponga. I stirred it 4 times for 2 days. Then I added half a bottle of lighter fluid maintaining the temperature at 50/60 degrees in a pot (topping with hot water). I relized that the naptha wasn't seperating so I decided to add another gram of lye to the solution. After an hour I pulled the naptha and put into the freezer. Then I added the other half of lighter fluid to the chaliponga and did the same process.

Today I took it out and left to dry. My results were 80mg on the first pull, I know it isnt much but its better than nothing. I didnt expect to get good results with chaliponga tbf.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jagube
#2 Posted : 8/26/2018 4:19:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IME naptha takes many pulls, each yielding a little bit. When extracting from MHRB, I got 180mg on the first pull and thought it was a low yield, but after a number of subsequent pulls it totalled to above 1000mg. The ability to freeze-precipitate is convenient though.

If you use a larger volume of naptha, you might get more out in each pull, but then it might not freeze-precipitate.

Chaliponga is quite a different beast and if you'd like to retain its unique character, a fuller spectrum extraction (e.g. with xylene) might be called for. But I've never done it, so it's just a guess. There may be other issues, like oils etc. getting in the way.

MrAyahuasca
#3 Posted : 8/26/2018 8:36:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Okay cool, what do you mean it might not freeze precipitate?
Also what does xylene do? I found that when i vaporized it today using my volcano it gave me a similar but slightly different feeling to the first time, It was less visual but I felt one with everything still (at 30mg). I was wondering if its because it contains 5meo too and small amounts of bufotenine. The naptha did leave residue but I still went ahead. I did get dmt affect but I still had 'the voice' in my head which I find rather odd.

Jagube
#4 Posted : 8/26/2018 11:07:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The concentration of the DMT in the naphtha needs to be high enough or it won't freeze precipitate (or may need lower temperatures to do so).

Xylene is a solvent, you use it like naphtha to pull the alkaloids, but it pulls a broader spectrum. There is no evidence that Chaliponga contains 5-MeO or bufotenin, but many find it experientially different.