We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Very Beginning Of my Acacia Orchard Options

Doc Buxin
#1 Posted : 6/28/2018 12:04:59 AM

Pay No Mind

Here is the first baby pic of my newly sprouted Acacia simplex.

I am rather thrilled to have the chance at attempting to grow this magnificent, potent species of Acacia. All my plant-growing skills will come in handy, but I am going to need a lot of luck and perhaps some prayers too to be able to pull this off in the temperate climate we're in here at the 40th parallel.

I took a couple this morning, but this one is the best of the pics and the largest sproutling also. I am so pleased to be able to share this with all of you loving people here at the Nexus.

Doc Buxin attached the following image(s):
A simplex baby pic 1.jpg (152kb) downloaded 180 time(s).
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 6/28/2018 4:52:03 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

d'awwwwwww Love

looks like a haapi little tree, you're off to a great start. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Doc Buxin
#3 Posted : 6/28/2018 6:52:52 AM

Pay No Mind

Thank you dreamer for the encouragement.

I appreciate it greatly.

It took two entire months to sprout the little gals. I didn't even think that they were going to come up. Now I've got 3 out of the twenty seeds that I germinated going. Hoping for some more to push through.

I've got about 20 more seeds that I'm going to try germinating here soon to see if I can get any more to grow this season.

Much gratitude and thanks go out to Godsmacker for a hell of a lot of support with this project!

Wink
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

SpiceyMeatball
#4 Posted : 6/28/2018 2:21:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Doc my confusa is just a little smaller or the same size at the moment. It will be cool to see to see your progress. Good luck with your orchard! Thumbs up

I had 2 hostilis babies in the same container that i seperated yesterday and wow. 1 taproot was what you would normally expect. and one was huge!! Big grin
Everything posted here are the rantings of a crazy guy who lives close by. This is his story. Not really sure what he's saying but maybe you all can make sense of it.......

grollum
#5 Posted : 6/28/2018 2:25:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there,

welcome on the Acacia trail... Smile

Did you scarify your seeds? This should let them sprout much faster. Some after days...

Which Acacias do you want to grow? Only simplex?
My simplex is growing really fast. Happy to see more people give it a try..
Looking forward to grow updates Smile

Doc Buxin
#6 Posted : 6/28/2018 11:04:20 PM

Pay No Mind

SpiceyMeatball wrote:
Doc my confusa is just a little smaller or the same size at the moment. It will be cool to see to see your progress. Good luck with your orchard! Thumbs up

I had 2 hostilis babies in the same container that i seperated yesterday and wow. 1 taproot was what you would normally expect. and one was huge!! Big grin

SpiceyMeatball, thank you so much for your kind words of support!

I've considered attempting a hostilis grow, but I don't think that that species would make it in our climate here. I don't expect A. simplex to either, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve as to what to do once the cold weather hits...

We'll see. I'm always grateful to have new trees that I don't have to pay for!Laughing

Best of luck with your confusa and your hostilis!!!Thumbs up

Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

Doc Buxin
#7 Posted : 6/28/2018 11:14:18 PM

Pay No Mind

grollum wrote:
Hey there,

welcome on the Acacia trail... Smile

Did you scarify your seeds? This should let them sprout much faster. Some after days...

Which Acacias do you want to grow? Only simplex?
My simplex is growing really fast. Happy to see more people give it a try..
Looking forward to grow updates Smile

Thank you grollum, I really appreciate the support!

I have never grown Acacias before and I probably never would unless, like in this case, somebody offers me free seeds. I'm all for free anything to do with trees!!!
I LOVE trees!!!(and that's an understatement).

I was debating on the scarification thing. I've successfully done it before with other species. Godsmacker, who so graciously gave me the seeds, said that he had found that with this particular variety (he has grown a ton of them) they didn't necessarily need scarification. So the first batch I germinated I went with the straight seeds germinated over night in a bath of pure warm water. So far, the sprouting percentage is at 15%, which obviously is not very impressive, however I do have about 20 more in left in my seed stash that I will attempt scarification on and see if it can possibly raise the sprouting rate at least a little.

I will try to keep you all updated as best I can!

Peace
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

grollum
#8 Posted : 6/29/2018 6:07:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

in my opinion scarification makes the germination much more successful and faster. I had a rate of 90% seed germination.

I have the feeling that simplex could be a very promising plant if it is growing as fast for others as it does under my bad conditions.

Thats why I am really curious how your plants will develop.

I started my simplex under some bad LED lights in the winter. Had some problems with fly's and the soil, but they made it through that and now are happy growing on the window sill with not to much light.

Doc Buxin
#9 Posted : 6/29/2018 7:31:47 PM

Pay No Mind

Thank you very much for the first-hand knowledge grollum!

Believe me, I will take any good advice anyone with experience will give me!

As I said in my previous post, I will try scarification with the next batch and see what happens.

Are you growing your simplex inside only?

It is very interesting and encouraging to hear your report of your trees growing even under what you're describing as sub-optimal conditions...It gives me hope!!!Thumbs up

Thanks again!
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

MachienDome
#10 Posted : 8/26/2018 10:33:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AWWWW Crying or very sad

Give it plenty of light! Also, be sure to keep that green stuff on the soil in check Twisted Evil
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

Praxis.
#11 Posted : 8/26/2018 8:05:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks great! I've got a few confusa going strong in 1 gallon and 5 gallon pots, and some acuminata seeds I've yet to plant. Simplex seems promising and I've been meaning to get my hands on some seeds as well.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing your progress Smile

Thumbs up
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

grollum
#12 Posted : 10/13/2018 1:10:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How is the simplex doing?