We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : 30mg of DMT is like
Choice Votes Statistics
<1g dried cubensis 0 0 %
1.5g dried cubensis 0 0 %
2g dried cubensis 1 4 %
2.5g dried cubensis 0 0 %
3g dried cubensis 0 0 %
3.5g dried cubensis 3 13 %
4g dried cubensis 0 0 %
>5g dried cubensis 13 59 %
It doesn't compare at all. 5 22 %

12NEXT
Mushrooms vs DMT Options

obliguhl
#1 Posted : 11/11/2009 8:48:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just trying to gauge the intensity, because they often get compared in the low dose area.
My friend wants to try mushrooms for the first time and wonders how they compare to his sub breakthrough experiences.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

VisualDistortion
#2 Posted : 11/11/2009 9:10:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

7 grams of really great shrooms. Oh dear lord, let me tell you. I can still see the visuals if I think about it.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

polytrip
#3 Posted : 11/11/2009 3:50:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
The higher the dose of shrooms, the closer it comes to DMT.

I think the main difference between shrooms and DMT is the relational curve between dose and effects: with DMT it seems to me as if you cannot have any psychedelic effects at all at low doses, and when you pass a certain quantity, there is a sudden jump from baseline to very strong psychedelic effects.
While with shrooms the intensity gradually builds up, synchronised with the dose you take.

This is also why so many people freak out on shrooms, because they think that shrooms are always very moderate in effects (compare to DMT). a mild dose makes you gigle and not much more.
When you take a high dose and you expected just some gigles, that could lead to quite some anxiety, i can imagine.

benzyme
#4 Posted : 11/11/2009 4:03:46 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

< 3g pan. cyanescens
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

jamie
#5 Posted : 11/11/2009 4:06:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

most of my really high dose trips have been with cyanescenes..2-3 grams of them is like 6 grams of cubes..I broke through many many times unexpectedely back when I was getting thos mushrooms. I once had a tea with about 6 grams cubes and that was my first ever breakthrough with a tryptamine..I couldnt do anything but lay on the floor and close my eyes, figeting every minute or so..the cev world was amazing...I had always read about DMT and never knew I could go in that deep from psilocybin.

I have gone deeper in with mushrooms on many many occasions than I have with ayahuasca so far.

I am actaully quite surprised that there are people who have smoked DMT and never tried psilocybin. Mushrooms are an extrememly beautiful experience.
Long live the unwoke.

benzyme
#6 Posted : 11/11/2009 4:30:59 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

fractal enchantment wrote:
Mushrooms are an extrememly beautiful experience.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

bufoman
#7 Posted : 11/11/2009 5:54:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Out of all the classical hallucinogen I feel that DMT and psilocin are the most similar in effects. Especially the visuals. Higher doses become more and more similar.

Infundibulum
#8 Posted : 11/11/2009 6:13:10 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

benzyme wrote:
fractal enchantment wrote:
Mushrooms are an extrememly beautiful experience.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

endlessness
#9 Posted : 11/11/2009 6:17:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree that mushrooms are beautiful, that they seem to have some sort of similarity to dmt, and I must add also that they are an AMAZING combination Smile

jamie
#10 Posted : 11/11/2009 6:42:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yes they are very similar..psilocybin is more colorful though I think..they are both very crystaline..maybe DMT when smoked a bit more clear feeling because you dont have the body effects from eating like you do with mushrooms..

I find a good strained mushroom tea is the closest thing to DMT.

I still need to try that combo endlessness..everyone talks about it..it's going to be good I just know it!
Long live the unwoke.

VisualDistortion
#11 Posted : 11/11/2009 7:00:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems that the more and more I do shroom, the deeper and more intense my CEV's get. I'd say my CEV's on 3.5 grams of really good cubes are approaching what I would see an a breakthrough hit of DMT.

jamie
#12 Posted : 11/11/2009 7:04:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^same here. I think I have probabily taken mushrooms about 150 times..maybe a bit more a bit less not too sure..but I have noticed that I can eat 2 grams these days in a tea, lay downin the dark and have these amazing visionary experiences, they start as blue, green and pinkish red grids and the more I focus on them they start to pull me in and these scenes appear within them like windowns and I can zoom in and sometimes sort of fly around in them even, and sometimes there are entities that converse with me as well..others I know that take the exact same mushrooms dont get to these places..but they usaully so it socially at parties as well.

After I had a handfull of mckenna style doses it was like I couldnt go back to that old low to mid level trip..even the lower doses get me there.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#13 Posted : 11/11/2009 8:00:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
If you take mushrooms with caapi, it is virtually indistinguishable from mimosa ayahuasca.

The main difference between them is the fact that smoked DMT kicks in realy fast, while most of us use mushrooms orally and thus they don't give the same spectacular flash, when they start to work.

I consider a strong dose of good shrooms as just another form of DMT.

q21q21
#14 Posted : 11/11/2009 8:01:34 PM

SWIM

SWIM's experience:

"I am a hardhead for shrooms, and really visuals altogether.

I have taken shrooms 4 times, 3.5g, 3.5g, 3.25g and 4.25g

They were are completely functional doses, while the final 4.25 was also functional. (as compared to my 600 mic LSD trip)

I could take, keep track of what I was doing, plan the trip, see what was coming.

But it was really annoying because the chatter that I had on all 4 trips as I found when it was more pronounced on the 4.25,

WAS EXACTLY THE SAME.

I really enjoy thinking and figuring stuff and FOR ME on shrooms. Thinking = no enjoyment.

Because of the chatter in my head keeps going "Why are you thinking so much, just enjoy yourself" and I tell my head... "I'm trying to"

Then the chatter goes around in circles being like "why did you take it if you can't enjoy yourself?" and just loops around enjoyment and thinking and that they are very different (In a bad way for me) on shrooms

To top it off SWIM got very slight visuals and barely any CEVs (I assured you he tried)

SWIM is very annoyed with shrooms, he thinks it is just his personality.

30mg of DMT on the other hand give intense peace, non-annoying chatter and HUGE VISUALS.

just my 2 cents, just my experience."
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

VisualDistortion
#15 Posted : 11/11/2009 8:24:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^
That inner chatter is a powerful voice. Shrooms aren't all fun all the time, they can be quite turbulent. Last time I tripped I was with some friends, but I was laying under a blanket enjoying the colors for a while. Then my inner voice started rolling, talking about the stresses and thing that were going wrong. Then it spiralled out of control really fast. Within five minute my existance was hopeless and I felt like anything that I ever did will never matter so I might as well die. Tears began streaming down my face. I felt truely hopeless, sucked into an abysmal vortex. Then my friend called me over to the camp fire. I snapped out of it, told my self I will not except anything less than a great night, and joined them then had a great time.

Ranting now, not really the right thread to mention this story, but I had to get it off my chest

nadir
#16 Posted : 11/14/2009 9:42:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

last night swim tried someone's suggested combo: a bit o mushroom + spice, vaporised during peak.
..oh woow.. 600mg(!!) of P. Cubensis and 70mg(2:3; spice:caapi,lilly,calea,menthol mixture) changa.
The places swim visited are just impossible to tell. but you know what i mean...
so beautiful..had a tear runnimg after it vanished (~20min in the hyperspace)
big thanks and blessings
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

endlessness
#17 Posted : 11/14/2009 10:39:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nadir wrote:
last night swim tried someone's suggested combo: a bit o mushroom + spice, vaporised during peak.
..oh woow.. 600mg(!!) of P. Cubensis and 70mg(2:3; spice:caapi,lilly,calea,menthol mixture) changa.
The places swim visited are just impossible to tell. but you know what i mean...
so beautiful..had a tear runnimg after it vanished (~20min in the hyperspace)
big thanks and blessings

Nice, it is a special combo indeed, heh? Its also a tear bringer for me Very happy

nadir
#18 Posted : 11/15/2009 6:04:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Nice, it is a special combo indeed, heh? Its also a tear bringer for me Very happy

Yeah, definitely! it's quite strange that such a small dose of mushrooms can potentiate spice trip .)
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

69ron
#19 Posted : 11/15/2009 8:30:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's vote: It doesn't compare at all.

It's mostly applies and oranges to SWIM.

DMT hits you hard and fast and is gone before you have time to enjoy it. The long duration of the mushroom trip makes a big difference. You’re given much more time to absorb the experience. With DMT if you start getting scared, it’s over in a few minutes, but with mushrooms, you’ll have hours of the experience to scare the crap out of youSmile

Oral DMT with THH, well that’s a different story, it’s more similar to mushrooms, but we’re talking about smoked DMT here. There is really little that is same.

But if we’re talking about Psilocybe azurescens specifically, that’s also a little different. That mushroom is very DMT-like in effects. It’s almost like a slowed down DMT trip for SWIM. But typically people are talking about Psilocybe cubensis, which to SWIM is very unlike DMT.

With mushrooms (especially Psilocybe cubensis) a very large dose can do things DMT can’t do and visa versa. In some ways DMT is more intense, and in some ways mushrooms are more intense. It’s hard to pinpoint exactly, but some people who use mushrooms all the time can’t handle DMT, and visa versa.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Ginkgo
#20 Posted : 11/15/2009 8:34:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Oral DMT with THH, well that’s a different story, it’s more similar to mushrooms, but we’re talking about smoked DMT here. There is really little that is same.

Oh, are we? Then my vote on ">5g dried cubensis" can be taken out. I agree totally with you - smoked DMT can not be compared to mushrooms. Ayahuasca is another story, high dose of mushrooms are extremely similar, and I thought that was what the poll was about.

12NEXT