We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV5678NEXT
Unusual body transformation Options

Infectedstyle
#121 Posted : 3/4/2014 12:10:17 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

Cracking joints are Co2 related.. there's nothing theory about it mate. Well technically it is theory, but not mine.. But thanks for ur input bro. I'm just happy to replenish my serotonin levels after mdma depletion... anyway i won't participate in this thread anymore. good luck on ur own there.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#122 Posted : 3/5/2014 1:27:18 AM

just some guy

Tango, have you ever tried giving things a good crack? That's actually how I move most everything, by manually shifting and cracking it into place... It's pretty dramatic when it comes to the shoulders, where I actually yank those suckers around in their sockets and set them back into place a couple times a day.

Of course, I've been doing it for years and it was a damn slow process to learn the ways of doing it... But through observing others' efforts to manage discomfort, I've found that a great number of people I know will *try* to crack portions of the body that they simply do not have the muscle control to move. It's a learned process and potentially hazardous, but it can be a great way to get things moving... physically and by measurable increments each time. After that it's a matter of muscular control to maintain the newfound structure.

In an irritatingly typical fashion, things started shifting and popping in my pelvic floor and hips, and steadily has risen over. Now it's centered on my chest, and is almost to the collarbone. As it rises, my spine and core muscles up to that point gain control, and I'm more able every day to maintain a proper posture and muscle tone... But perception also changes more and the challenges become more daunting and difficult to decipher. I'm sure you're rather familiar.

Infectedstyle did make a good point with the suggestion of the sword as an extension on the the previous segment of the conversation. Swordplay is, in my opinion, more effective than marksmanship... Though I find two-handed maneuvers put me at risk of throwing my neck out, and footwork can be very challenging to manage with displaced hips. In such active postures I find that it can be challenging to stay attentive of tension and muscle control, and often will instinctively fall in to the "old patterns", rather than constantly pushing into the new.

tango
#123 Posted : 3/5/2014 5:57:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^Hiyo, I'm getting close to having my 10k hours dedicated to shifting tissue in the body. I go to sleep doing it, and first thing I notice when I wake up is the tension moving (that in-between state is actually the best time for deep, fine tuning). That's basically my only method -no physical therapists, no doctors, no support of any kind.

So when you mentioned firing a gun, my first thoughts were the recoil and the noise (never fired one, but those are two things I could use). Your heavy/light pants and InfectedStyle's samurai sword are both useful devices, and, essentially, particular cases of a more general approach that I'm using.

I walk around wrapped in chains that shift with every step, I'm also using a myriad of body weights that I can attach pretty much anywhere, and have recently purchased not one, but four hula-hoops. Also, my out of the box approach to using gym equipment got me close to being kicked out.

Speaking of gym equipment, I have recently visited a location I never frequent, just to see the million-dollar improvements they keep bragging about. They pretty much got more of the same old stuff, only shinier and with a more futuristic look. However, what caught my attention was a bunch of pillow cases filled with sand -exactly like the kind I have lying all around the house. Guess what: someone filed a patent (still pending) and is making big bucks selling pillow cases filled with sand ! I was like damn ! why didn't I file a patent last summer when I started bringing sand from the beach to avoid spending money on body weights.. Same with the TRX: some guy hung a piece of rope from a hook in the wall, gave it a cool name, got a patent, and turned it into a fitness sensation.

As for cracking your joints, between the shaving and the thousands of hours spent self-massaging, I guess I just somehow managed to work around the need to crack anything. I also have a clear image of the pattern in the body and have been using visualizations quite a bit, so I guess that helps too.

*did you see the neurologist?

Hiyo Quicksilver
#124 Posted : 3/5/2014 11:38:26 PM

just some guy

I've got an appointment on the 17th, so I'll see if it pans out. I would imagine that a neurologist may be easier to communicate with than most, since ... It's been hell getting it, since most folks look at a 20-something year old guy saying he has movement problems and chronic pain like he's crazy or seeking drugs. I'll gladly share any insight I may be able to glean, though, when the time comes.

The Recoil and Noise from the rifle is actually one of the more beneficial aspects. It's a sensory blast that requires discipline to work with in a relaxed, controlled fashion. I also find that the recoil is great exercise for my right side (my shooting side). Of course, proper safety equipment like earplugs and an optional recoil pad are absolutely essential... But they only limit the intensity, not eliminate it. There's a particular kind of mind/body awareness that comes into play when you're supporting a rifle and aiming down the sights; It can point out weakness and instability in the body that one may not have noticed before. There's good reason for teaching basic awareness meditation in US Army sniper training... And they certainly do.

Also of particular importance in marksmanship is breath, posture, and muscle tension... In order to shoot with accuracy and consistency, the shooter must be in perfect union with his rifle. The rifle must be held properly in its sling, and the body must support the rifle in perfect form, and at perfect aim with no tension whatsoever... It can be quite a challenge to learn for some. This is called "Natural Point of Aim" in Marksmanship, and there's a lot of information out there on it; from the esoteric to the rudimentary.

You know... One thing I always found odd is that we share many symptoms and approaches, but when it comes to the real movement of tension we seem to use opposite methods: Although I could sit and move tension around in waves and patterns for hours (and used to at the start), I rarely if ever do any more. Now I sit and allow the tension and energy to ripple around unimpeded. Then, when I perceive an opportunity to free a locked up area or assist in the motions, I use massage and muscle control to physically alter the structure of my body through flexing and cracking.... Basically, I wait until an atrophied or isolated muscle group is vulnerable, and then move straight through the obstacle in a cascade of cracks, crunches and wild sensation. It hurts like hell, but it's not a negative or worrying pain... It's just the pain of the tissue being worked free of their musculoskeletal prison.

Playing with waves or letting them slowly flow and work things free takes WAY too long, and it's the time it takes this process to unfold that really kills me. I'll do all the work it takes and endure whatever pain there may be in order to get through this ASAP... It's the constant exhaustion that slowly takes its toll on my mind, so who knows how long it'll be until my judgement is severely compromised... One day closer to my first real night of long sought-after sleep is one less opportunity to lose my marbles before I can get better. And I need that sleep YESTERDAY! Big grin

In regard to the pants thing, It wasn't really a suggestion... Rather, it was an example of how making a small change in my lifestyle made a huge impact on my healing. I simply had never known how much my belt line had messed up my hips, until I started using suspenders and my hips responded.

I wear heavy, high wasted work pants and often carry tools in them; so they tend to put pressure on my hips at the beltline.... But I imagine that most Americans don't do this every day so it may not be useful as a literal suggestion. But maybe you could abstract it into something relevant to your life? Maybe some sock suspenders might help your arches, who knows! Laughing

tango
#125 Posted : 3/6/2014 5:25:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiyo Quicksilver wrote:

You know... One thing I always found odd is that we share many symptoms and approaches, but when it comes to the real movement of tension we seem to use opposite methods:

We each have our unique set of skills and capabilities that we can use to travel this uncharted path. Also,I think that we might be overestimating the extent to which our symptoms overlap, and the reason behind it is that it's so damn hard to find anyone who relates at all and doesn't just talk nonsense. And, you know, no one wants to be an unrelatable freak Stop

For me, right now the main challenge is not presented by the skeletal muscles, but the internal organs. How do you yank your kidneys into place? When the tissue is shifted at a micro level, there's an automatic progression to the next level, and so on until I get part of a limb to move, then the whole limb, then the whole body (hopefully). There's nothing to yank into place, even if I wanted to.

Also, as said above, the insides of the body need to keep up with the changes, or otherwise it's fainting time. If your internal mechanism is in place and doing its job, then you're not only in a different league, but playing a different game altogether.

tango
#126 Posted : 11/7/2017 5:08:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Almost 4 years since I started this thread, and the unusual body transformation is still going strong, and it has never stopped.

At this point, my posture is completely different, my movement is different, my speech/voice is different, and my mind is different. I sometimes lose hope seeing how this has been going on for so long, monopolizing all my attention, but then I look at the changes and it adds a little perspective.

Through the research I've done during this time, I've found bits from other people's journeys that relate with my own, but the puzzle is still missing many pieces. If other people going through similar shift come across this in the course of their own search for answers, I hope it helps them in some way.

thymamai
#127 Posted : 11/8/2017 12:24:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember this thread.

I suffer a kind of fascial disturbance, relating to the sacrum, which has been life long. I am approaching aged 30, and have never found a way to heal / cope with the strange array of discomfort and stress it causes in daily life. But knowing about it is in itself a blessing... knowing that subtle physical disturbances can play such a huge role in a person's relationship with their body as well as how they get on in the world, or rather, how they cannot.

You don't seem crazy, certainly. And I don't see any pertinence in questioning your sanity, either. The problem appears to me to lay more on the macro scale.. that is, look at how intensely diverse we have become as a species in such a short amount of time.. so much so that it isn't difficult to conclude that there could very well be as many disorders as there are individuals out there. And twice as many experiments being conducted, conceivably. The more I search, the more lonely I feel, and thus.. the less concerned I become with my particular deformities and peculiarities. It's a strange, unsettling journey. Sometimes by train, or by horse, afoot, or asleep.

Be well.

tango
#128 Posted : 11/8/2017 6:27:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@Thy,
Hey man, sorry to hear you're heaving similar troubles, but glad to see you're still around -you were the first to reply my thread when I first posted it, and you made some sensible observations.

Regarding your question about what exactly I meant by saying that I was aware of body tissue belonging somewhere else, I think a good representations of that is offered by JJ Semple in his "Secrets of the golden flower". He refers to the phenomenon as being keenly aware of a blueprint of the body that does not overlap with the actual physical body. I actually came across his book by googling "blueprint of the body", and was quite excited to find someone who described a similar experience (that being said, I downloaded the audio book and found his voice/melodramatic style too annoying to handle, but I listened to the first few chapters, and can relate).

I've been attending to this process for about 6 years now, every hour of every day, and the transformation is far from subtle. Along the way, I encountered many medically recognized conditions that either have no cure or are treated with surgery, and saw them melting away into the flow (deviated septum, ribs sticking out, pectus escavatum, asthma, collapsed arches/flat feet, bizarre scoliosis, astigmatism, mysophonia -still working on this one- , severe anxiety, facial paralysis, frozen, misaligned pelvis, tethered spine, to name just a few).

If I knew how to start this process in other people, I would be on my way to becoming rich and famous; but i can't, because I didn't start it in myself -it just happened. What I can do is share my experience of attending to it, and, by now, I've spent more than 20000 hours at it. On that note, the sacrum/pelvic area is crucial to re-calibrating the body. Whenever I feel miserable, I focus on this flow of whatever it is in the feet, the pelvis and eyes, and it always brings me back from the abyss.

BecometheOther
#129 Posted : 11/8/2017 11:04:19 PM

metamorhpasizer

after they been posting on this for 2 years you though neither of them had seen not 1 medical professional? For shame. I live in a family full of medical proffessionals ( quite literally ) , and can assure you they are literally just like us with some googling and research. To think they know everything or have all answers about physiological conditions is very very far from the truth.
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

werver
#130 Posted : 11/9/2017 5:14:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Now I didn't read the whole thread tbh. But what you call "your condition" resonates with the Vipassana retreat I attended a month ago. Anitya is not basically a medical, but more of a spiritual issue. Even if it manifests for you as a bodily condition.
This is what buddha perceived before enlightenment.
I hope this information might aid you in your journey:
Wikipedia
...but it all looked so real! It's not just imagination! Here is why.

tango
#131 Posted : 11/13/2017 4:10:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@becometheother I've seen doctors indeed, but they sadly had very little to offer. What I've noticed is that healthy people or those with conditions (admittedly, many) that traditional medicine can fix assume that everyone's problem is fixable. Then again, the 30 million people living with rare diseases (7000 and growing) in the US only will tell you otherwise.

@werver Thanks for the good wishes. I don't know much about spiritual issues, and as such, I try sticking to my direct experience. There's definitely a strong physical component to my condition, and that's what I've been focusing on for the past several years. That being said, there's a significant psychological/mental/emotional aspect too, and I've noticed changes in personality & mental/emotional states soon after 'the process' started.

At this point, it seems plain silly to me to even consider that body and mind are separate entities or that the brain is the only body part that generates our mental/emotional states. Everything is linked together, body and mind.

thymamai
#132 Posted : 7/29/2018 7:00:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have to agree with that.

Thanks for the detailed response, Tango.

More about the fascial membrane which I assume you know something about as you mentioned 'tethering' and other misalignments. But other people might not. And although your experience seems to indicate that their is much more going on, it is still quite pertinent and serves to illustrate the sentiment expressed above in your last paragraph.

My teacher told me all about this stuff some years ago. I recommend looking up John Bastyr, if I haven't already mentioned him somewhere in this thread.. it's been awhile, but I don't feel like double checking.. You may well still find some of the things he discussed in his book about sacral therapy interesting.

JJ Semple. Hmmmm

Best

tango
#133 Posted : 7/30/2018 6:27:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the link-a good documentary, really! It's quite a strange feeling to see something I've been dealing with pretty much every hour of every day for the past 7-8 years presented as some kind of a new, exciting thing in the medical world. Every once in a while I consider getting in touch with these researchers, as my own situation is indeed quite unique and not exactly something that can be replicated.

One observation I have is that here they present the body as an essentially stupid thing that medical pros need to coerce into doing the right thing. However, that hasn't been my experience at all. Quite the opposite, I can confidently say that once the process has started, the body knows exactly what kind of movement and diet and environment is needed to keep it going -one just needs to pay attention and allow it to happen. You can picture it as an animation of a Rubik's cube with an enormous number of parts that's solving itself.

thymamai
#134 Posted : 7/30/2018 6:41:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exactly. She, my teacher, stressed that repeatedly to me every session, in so many words. That the body really takes care of most everything if you will only listen.

My condition is vestibular.. as in the limbic mapping, via the balancing mechanism ie the atlas in the inner ear, of where everything is at in relation to the head in space. I had, apparently, skipped that course during the last stages of development in utero, and all my life been chronically detached / unable to fully connect with my body to the extent that I should have. So I am still in the process of trying to catch up. I was instructed to arch my neck in varying positions and 'sit with it' until all the tension ceases and have truly relaxed into the outfield of my mobility, and then proceed further to the extent that muscles/tendons comfortably allow. It's one of the biggest originating factors behind most everything I struggle with today, yet seemingly so trivial and of course almost entirely unexplored by conventional medicine. I've still not the slightest idea what to call such a handicap, other than 'adhd' since the most conspicuous symptoms overall resemble in many ways those of adhd.

Anyhow, that's just me.

I'm relieved you found the documentary at least mildly relevant as I was not entirely confident that it was right of me to continue down that vein here since you have obviously done a lot more research into your own condition than I have mine when it comes down to it. Although I am no stranger to the helpless feeling one is left with after wasted efforts.
...That of going to serious physicians only to be turned away with a pat on the back and a prescription for ibuprofen. So much money down the drain over mri's and naturopaths' magic elixirs and chiropractors cracking backs and stengthening therapy and anti inflammatory shots at the ENT and optometrists and neurologists... so much money down the drain just for the surety that there was no terminal illness or brain cancer.

Also kind of like to apologize for some of the oddness of my initial posts in this thread, way back when. I was living on the street then and my brain was a little fogged up from the cold.

Until next time, peace.

tango
#135 Posted : 8/9/2018 6:44:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I keep saying to myself I'll update this thread, but it seems people don't quite relate to what I have to share, so I keep postponing it.

@thy my situation was quite different from the get go, in radical ways; over the years, i've gone quite deep down the rabbit hole, and have had the privilege to see many a chronic, manageable-but-without-a-cure condition simply dissolve into the flow. However, being able to share this process is quite a different thing.. even talking about it in a sensible manner seems difficult.

Nonetheless, if I can assist you in any way, I'd be happy to do that.

thymamai
#136 Posted : 8/10/2018 3:28:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I understand, tango.

You have already helped me by starting this thread. Because it is no small relief to know that there are others out there that suffer similarly ambiguous somatic dispositions, and who are also fighting to cope with it in a pronounced, conscious if not fully cognizant, manner.

Thanks. I may take you up on the offer in the future.

tango
#137 Posted : 8/10/2018 6:39:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In my case, weird as the symptoms are, I am fully aware of what started it and why this needed to happen. Luckily, by the time I decided to see a healthcare professional about it, it had been going on full speed for a few years and didn't expect or really needed their help, so I wasn't particularly disturbed by the fact that they weren't able to offer anything.

In a previous post, you mentioned the atlas (ie first cervical vertebra) and the inner ear, and that's something I've been working on a lot lately. The reshaping of the spine started somewhere and then moved up and down,and then up again in a series of iterations, unlike those animations where the chakras neatly light up one at a time, like Christmas tree lights.

I am now at a point where the shape of my head is noticeably changing, as the cranial joints are being reactivated, and the reshaping is taking place concurrently on the inside of the head as well. While I have known for years that my thoughts and disposition are highly dependent on body alignment at any given time, it wasn;t until recently that I've come across a scientific fact that could help explain this. Apparently, unlike all other organs, proper functioning of the brain is highly shape dependent. If the vertebrae, starting with the atlas are misaligned and there's tension in the spine, which in turns applies pressure on the brain, you are sure to feel it.

Speaking of reshaping the fascia, you may want to check out this post http://www.personalpower...e-long-and-winding-road/ . While the presentation can be a little rough around the edges, the guy certainly has something of value to say.

Infectedstyle
#138 Posted : 8/15/2018 2:59:35 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

Sorry to just butt my face in this bitch, but i'm trying to cure a problem I have as well as understanding the contents of this thread.
Initially i'd like to apologize griefly for the words I spat in this thread a few years back. And you should know I felt very guilty when I saw all posts from OP to be deleted. And am happy to see Tango back and active in this forum.

I'm having a hard time grasping the content because my english is basicer than it should be. Especially when it comes to medical terms.

You set me off by saying a misaligned vertebrae is felt up in the head area. I'm daily tethered by headaches which reaches out to most muscles in the body up to the very edge of my toes. I think the nerves around the blood vessels are reponsible for the pain. Aspirine help to relief the pressure. But failed to have a long term solution. I think daily exercise along with yoga and stretching for 1000 of hours might do the job. But am not in a position to go outside to do this very much Sad I might do a world bycicle hike and attend to this problem.

One of the other reasons I post here is because whenever I ate mushrooms I felt this angry guiding voice telling me to go ahead and stretch my muscles and do some yawning. Apparently i've sat across a computer screen, i've forgotten how to move my actual body. I've had stress and anxiety for so long this is the normal for me. I can't actually relax right now. Accumulating from years and years of build-up muscle tension, this thread spurs me to belief.

Sorry to be rambling but if doing unwinding techniques might relief some of this tension I experience, i'd like to thank you guys for ressurecting this thread.

I'm off to go do some yawning , namaste

tango
#139 Posted : 8/17/2018 6:43:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@InfectedStyle ^
I'm glad to hear my experiences shared in this thread might be of some help; no need to worry about what's been said in the past, as I fully understand what I've been describing is not that common or easy to relate to. I deleted my posts after reading that the mods can remove your right to do that at any point, the reasoning being that why leave my story on a drug forum if it's not helping anyone, but then I figured someone in the early stages of this process might do a google search and be relieved to find out others have walked this path before.

As for the headaches, that's something I'm extremely familiar with: sometime, in grade school, I got a headache, and it lasted for about 20 years. I would always carry painkillers with me everywhere, and used them several times a day, most days. The headaches were gone for good even before my unusual body transformation started, after I spent an entire summer foam rolling -all day, every day. I had never used a foam roller before or even known it existed until I randomly tried one, and that was a turning point for me (after heavy lifting for about 10 years).

On yawning: my rewiring of the the body has been a painstaking process, a slow crawl, one inch at a time. Little by little, the parts started coming together, and yawning was a crucial part of that process. Basically, when all the separate parts reconnect with each other, in a new configuration, there's about 15 minutes of really heavy yawning, and my nostrils become really moist. That always happens, and it marks the end of a cycle, so to speak.

Finally, mushrooms became part of this journey some time around year 3, and have been a trusted companion ever since.

tango
#140 Posted : 8/20/2018 4:47:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Had an amazing power plate session today. Guys, if your gym has one of these, you should totally give it a try. I fantasized about such a contraption a long ago, and found out at the time they existed as medical devices to be used in a therapist's office.

Then, one day (recently), one popped up at my gym, hidden under the stairs. It's like a giant cell phone set on vibrate. And it feels amazing if you have any tension in the body !

«PREV5678NEXT