We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Preparation and Protection-Rituals? Options

Lowtones
#1 Posted : 8/14/2018 7:51:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello All,

A year ago I introduced myself to Ayahuasca, made myself in a pretty traditional, laborious manner Smile The first night was pleasant, and was mostly just the vine and little light. The next night I reduced it more and was not prepared for being sent into hyperspace. It was difficult at times but I made it through and am glad for the experience.

This time I am taking a more systematic approach with only the vine for two to three nights until I find the right strength for me, then adding a small amount of light, potentially working up to a larger dose of light.

My question is this: How do you prepare and protect yourself and your space, both practically and spiritually/energetically? Do you prepare yourself for confronting and combating entities? I have read quite a bit on this and other forums but have not -quite- found the answers I seek. I'm not overly shamanistic but do believe at least in energies that we do not see/science cannot yet explain, and am open to the idea of Ayahuasca/DMT tapping into a spiritual realm or collective consciousness.

Some things that I already do practically:
Diet, perhaps not full "dieta"
Prepare safe, comfortable space with necessary items in arm's reach
Soft blue or green candle in bathroom and near me
Calm, familiar music at hand.

Some things that I do spiritually/energetically:
Meditate
Outside time- bare feet on earth, meditate with back against tree. Use this energy to build my "armor"
Play music- Drum, flute, song
Salt Water Bath
Wear whites and greens-cotton and linen
Sage smoke/smudge/incense area
Mapacho cigar and slow walk before (cannot smoke during/in my ritual space)
Temporary altar- A few small figurines, sea salt in shallow bowl with a bit of water, sage, green scarf, acorn, houseplants, wooden practice sword that I have spent many hours with over nearly 20 years (lots of residual energy).

Does anybody have any other advice to assist me in clearing negative energies, creating a strong, positive ritual space, or dealing with malevolent entities?

Thank you all for your time and the limitless wisdom in these forums.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 8/17/2018 4:21:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nice list.

I'd add copal or frankincense to it for good measure Wink

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Lowtones
#3 Posted : 8/18/2018 8:10:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do like Frankincense, never tried copal but I'll check it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

DmnStr8
#4 Posted : 8/19/2018 5:54:12 PM

Come what may

I have tried many things for protection. All in all it's all about creating a space in your head where you feel comfortable. I think much of what we do before setting out on a DMT journey is a placebo. How affective are all these things? There really is no way to measure. I have prepared in every way I can and still had a difficult experience.

I think it is really good to prepare and all rituals mentioned thus far can be and are very helpful in approaching the experience that is DMT, however, past a certain point I feel that it is up in the air. There is a threshold which all power is lost and you must simply give into the whole thing. Let go and flow with it as best you can.

When the mind finally comes back into the experience then there becomes a choice. Give into fear? Fight? Let go? Laugh? Many choices.... I find laughter and the voice to be the best way to change the experience from difficult to pleasant. Humming, chanting, singing and laughing!! It works every single time for me once I have some bearing and my mind is active in the experience.

So to sum it up. At a certain dosage you will have no control whatsoever. It is at this time that it is best to just let it all be what it is. When the mind plays into the experience, use your voice. Preparation before is highly important and can set up a certain strength and courage in the experience. Love it all... give gratitude for it all and all will play out as it should.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

hortwizard
#5 Posted : 8/19/2018 6:35:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always ground myself with Peruvian Aqua de Florida before a session as well. It is also supposed to attract benevolent entities and provide spiritual protection.

The Many Spiritual Uses Of Florida Water
There are a myriad of ways to incorporate Florida Water into your spiritual life.

From Originalbotanica.com:

The stimulating citrus and floral scented cologne is commonly used for ritual offerings and purification. Some replace Holy water with Florida Water.
Wiping down all of the items on your altar with Florida Water will cleanse them of any negative energy and clear them to receive messages from the spirits and ancestors. NOTE: When wiping down candles, wait until the candle is completely dry before lighting.
Also used in spells, Florida Water is used to remove heavy vibrations and to encourage the expression of emotions.
It has calming affect on people and some believe it can help depression. Use your body to keep sadness away.
When seeking guidance from ancestors, placing a glass of Florida Water on your altar will clear the air of any static and interference to allow for a clear reading.
For help attracting love or unblocking obstacles relating to a current relationship, add a few drops to a bowl set beside your bed and light a red Attraction Candle while focusing your intention on your desired goal. *Be aware, Florida Water is flammable and should never be placed directly on a candle or too close to a flame.
When blessing and cleansing a new home, mix Florida Water with Basil and Rue herbs and anoint your floors, windows and doorways for protection, prosperity and luck.
Washing with Florida Water soap will cleanse you before a ritual. Add a few drops to a spiritual bath to rid yourself of negative energy and encourage protection.
After a bath, dab some Florida water cologne on your head, neck, heart, and feet for protection and a feeling of balance.
Bring peace into the workplace by using Florida Water Spray in your office.
Wash your hands with Florida Water Soap after engaging with negative people or being in a negative environment.
Those who tend to engage in gossip or just talk too much can benefit from it’s calming affects.
Add some drops to ink and paper when writing out spells.