We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is DMT Acetone legal? Options

changa-blender
#1 Posted : 8/17/2018 2:53:27 PM

awestruck

I didn't find a word mentioned about dmt derivatives in american as well as german drug law. But I also didn't look for a specific "any derivatives of any illicit substance are bad m'kay"-mention, so i don't know.

Do you believe it would be legal, if my friends lily pad sent another friend a dmt acetate solution?
I mean there are legal research chems out there, that resemble the structure of dmt more, than what i believe dmt acetate to look like.
(I imagine it to be something like 1-3 dmt molecules bound to an acetone molecule, but I could likely be absolutely wrong, would love for someone knowledgeable to clarify this for me.)

also what about dmt fumarate and dmt acetate? Are they just treated as dmt?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 8/17/2018 4:11:39 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

DMT fumarate, DMT acetate, DMT hydrochloride, DMT salicylate, no matter what the counter-anion, are all salts of DMT.

DMT salts are included in the legal definition. You can't make an illegal alkaloid legal by changing the anion, only by changing the law.

Quote:
there are legal research chems out there, that resemble the structure of dmt more, than what i believe dmt acetate to look like.
Sorry, but you really are misunderstanding the matter here. DMT acetate is to all practical intents and purposes DMT like any other salt of DMT. So there can't be a RC that resembles the structure of DMT more than DMT does. That is simply nonsense.

Quote:
(I imagine it to be something like 1-3 dmt molecules bound to an acetone molecule, but I could likely be absolutely wrong, would love for someone knowledgeable to clarify this for me.)

You need to check out the difference between acetone and acetate, for starters. DMT acetate is formed by reacting freebase DMT with acetic acid (found in vinegar). Acetone is a different substance altogether, albeit a good solvent for DMT. DMT does not form any stable solid compounds with acetone at normal temperatures and pressures.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

TryptaTom
#3 Posted : 8/17/2018 4:15:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

to obtain clean DMT acetat you have to extract/convert it, and at least in germany these are illegal steps. Ayahuasca as a tea of some plants is legal in germany.

Jagube
#4 Posted : 8/18/2018 2:20:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
DMT fumarate, DMT acetate, DMT hydrochloride, DMT salicylate, no matter what the counter-anion, are all salts of DMT.

DMT salts are included in the legal definition. You can't make an illegal alkaloid legal by changing the anion, only by changing the law.

This leads to another question:

Is there an uncontrolled compound that DMT (in any active form) can easily be converted to and back from?

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 8/18/2018 3:31:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Ayahuasca as a tea of some plants is legal in germany.

Ayahuasca brew containing DMT is 100% ILLEGAL in germany.
Furthermore, brewing a tea is extracting with water as the solvent.

null24
#6 Posted : 8/18/2018 3:55:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Think about it like this: freebase cocaine is crack, powder cocaine is the salt (cocaine HCl). They are both cocaine, and other than ridiculous weight laws in the US, possession of either is illegal. Same with heroin (overwhelming majority on the street that isn't fent, in either tar or powder form in the US, is a salt form to make it water soluble therefore bio-available via injection. It's the same with 5meoDMT, etc etc etc.

And if you converted am uncontrolled substance (i.e. tryptamine) into DMT via synthesis, you would be performing illegal drug manufacture in the US. Methamphetamine is made by synthesizing several legal substances, like battery acid, match heads and cold pills.

If you were able to take lollipops and kitten purrs and puppy dog barks and make DMT from them, it would still be DMT and would still be illegal.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 8/18/2018 7:00:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Jagube wrote:
Is there an uncontrolled compound that DMT (in any active form) can easily be converted to and back from?

Extracting intact yuremamine is the only thing that springs to mind here, but that doesn't really fit the bill in the reverse direction. And the source material for yuremamine is in the wrong end of the legal grey area.

Your lilypad's friend needs to sort it out for themself, changa-blender.

Also, consider (re-)reading the attitude page:

Quote:
No discussion on selling, buying, sourcing, acquiring, pricing, trading, receiving, distributing, mentioning pending deliveries or smuggling of drugs

This includes all isolated psychedelic compounds and RCs (Research Chemicals), whether they are legal or not. The only goods allowed to be discussed are legal live plants, legal viable seeds (both in the Sustainable plant and seed suppliers subforum) and legal/unwatched chemical supplies. See Street Value of DMT (AND WHY YOU SHOULDN'T EVER SELL DMT AND OTHER PSYCHEDELICS) for good reasons why we don't allow this.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

CosmicLion
#8 Posted : 8/18/2018 7:06:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is absurd.

If you need to convert your DMT into something to "transport" it then you are already in way too deep and taking un-nescassary risk.

Give people the links to the DMT-Nexus so they can extract themselves... And remind them to order materials from domestic sources to avoid cumulative red flags @ customs....

Just because DMT has taken off at festivals now doesn't mean everyone who "wants to try it" should be able to buy some or be gifted some...

For no other reason than it perpetuates a growing problem that has the potential to ultimately lead to tighter regulation on DMT and DMT containing plants....

Thumbs down

-CL
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

blue.magic
#9 Posted : 8/19/2018 1:50:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT and all its salts are illegal in my country. This applies to most if not all drugs that form salts (LSD, amphetamines etc.). I bet this will be the case elsewhere.

The only safer way to "transport" DMT would be as unprocessed plant material, but again, depending on country, this can be shady, suspicious up to downright illegal.