We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Orange spice from an a/b extraction???? Options

Dee Em Tea
#1 Posted : 2/20/2008 1:24:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, after several succesfull STB. extractions SWIM. thought he'd give an A/B extraction a go. He didn't follow any tek. in particular, but just went on with cooking(sorry El Ka Bong:winkSmilethe 150 grams of Mimosa he had left in on part vinager and two parts of water for about two ours. He repeated this for two more times, and was left with aprox. 6 ltr. of mimosa wine. These cooks he than filtert through a T-shirt and he than proceeded in cooking it down to about 1.5 ltr. Than the next morning he went on to basefy this to a ph of 11.4Wink and it went jet black. Smile
So SWIM. did two pulls from this with Heptaan, and you can rest asure that he was very carefull with his sucking aparatus to not get any of the base in. Now he expected to get some white spice out of this, but instead this really old school looking orange spice came out.Shocked He didn't have the chanche to smoke it yet, but it looks very nice, and it has a much more powerfull tryptamine smell than any spice he made before. Rolling eyes
Here's a pic.

I've seen yellow spice from later pulls, but never have I seen it with this orange color. Only some darkspice he made before looked like this, but since he cooked the hell out of it this cant be whats in it.
What do you guy's think of it????

Uncover the truth,"It's really stranger then fiction".

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

MR.shroom
#2 Posted : 2/20/2008 2:32:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hummm heptane is also used to pull jungle spice if im not mistaken
probably you got a mix of 2 spices
that should be really nice Pleased

Dee Em Tea
#3 Posted : 2/20/2008 3:11:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MR.shroom wrote:

No this can't be the case, since jungle spice is distroyed at higher temperatures. And he's been cooking it for quite a view ours.Rolling eyes
SWIM tels me that he's gonna recristalize it tonight, and see what comes out then.Confused

El Ka Bong
#4 Posted : 2/21/2008 7:01:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What colour was the vinegar, or the hexane..?! It looks like a vinegar 'fat'..? Maybe you have some fancy bark - what does the smell tell you ?

Hey I'm just lazy when I say skip the heating ! I think heat is great in the acid-extraction phase, but aim for < 60 Deg C. The Jungle spices breakdown very quick too, and last longer at cooler temps, they say.

Heat will speed up dmt exraction into acidified water - something like, acid-soaking MHRB at 55 deg.C for 3 hours with frequent agitation probably is the same as 24 hours with regular shaking at 22 deg.C.

And vinegar is probably worth heating to aid extraction since it's at pH 4, compared to a stronger HCl soak at pH 1.8 - 2, which can just chew appart the dust-sized bark bits on its own. These observations are for pulverized MHRB btw, and the grinding-the-heck out of it does do most of the work at getting the dmt 'exposed' and easily solubilized.

SWIM is now too lazy to do all that water-bathing anymore - she just shakes a jug with pulp-mill acidity in it (at pH 1.8 )all day long, then pours off through a filter ! And it adds to the ritual - enjoying the sport of shaking-the-sheep out of a gallon jug ! Actually the jug lives in her closet for a day - but it is visited very often, and 'spoken to' each ritual shake.

Either way, one can admire that purpleness let loose the magic - heating or not, just get it out of the bark-bits and into the acid water !

I can imagine the steamy, vinegary, purple zone you create in the kitchen with a vinegar bath !, I bet it tastes astringent as hell - could you make a Yage soup.? Lemon Juice has a fierce pH of 2.1 have you considered mixing in a few lemons .?!

Comparing notes re volumes - 6 Lites is a fair amount. In contrast if using a stronger acid you can end up with less purple-extract to have to basify. Using 150g MHRB soaked 2 times in 1.3 litres of pH 1.8 - 2.0 water you get all the dmt out in just ~2.5 litres ! The third soak will give up nothing !

Dee Em Tea
#5 Posted : 2/21/2008 9:56:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

El Ka Bong wrote:
What colour was the vinegar, or the hexane..?! It looks like a vinegar 'fat'..? Maybe you have some fancy bark - what does the smell tell you ?

The vinegar was just the clear distilled one, so it can't be vinegar fat. And yeah the smell Surprised it has a much stronger trytamine smell than SWIM has ever smelled. And now you mention it, he used Hepthane that he used in previous extractions, maybe that contained heaps of other alkaloids??? He was going to recristalize yesterday, but didn't have the time. So hopefully he'll do it tonight, and see what it looks like after that.

And yeah your wright about the smell of the kitchen, SWIM say's he's lucky to have an Irish girlfriend that as we all know love vinegar. Laughing

Also he did think about making a Yage drink from the MHRB. but he tells me that has to wait, because he's on his sailing into international water tomorrow with 7.5 kilo of MHRBTwisted Evil So he's going to be at sea for a while.Wink
He say's that he's going to bring his laptop, and if the weather permits it, he'll try to send my a view pictures.

Garulfo
#6 Posted : 2/22/2008 11:22:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I bet that the color comes from the long cooking. My friend got similar color spice from a long cooking session. The color and smell is not tryptamine but more probably comes from tannins. The stuff might be powerfull anyway, just harsher to smoke.

Entropymancer
#7 Posted : 2/23/2008 7:41:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Dee Em Tea wrote:
MR.shroom wrote:

No this can't be the case, since jungle spice is distroyed at higher temperatures. And he's been cooking it for quite a view ours.Rolling eyes
SWIM tels me that he's gonna recristalize it tonight, and see what comes out then.Confused

I wouldn't be so sure. The scientists who isolated the chemical theorized that it was unstable to heat since it hadn't been isolated before. It's only actually known to be unstable to acid (according to Calloway), so it's agreed that he doesn't have yuremamine.

However, from what I've been able to gather on Jungle Spice, there is a different active tryptamine that can be obtained from A/B extractions (which may also make up a fraction of the STB extracts, who knows). It is my strong suspicion that the orange compound is a compound that yuremamine broke down into under his extracting conditions.

El Ka Bong
#8 Posted : 2/24/2008 6:51:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any Bioassay results yet for the original orange extract ..? Something that orange and smelly sounds worth trying in a vapour-test, before repurifying..!

MHRB is so likely to have other tryptamines in it! And it's probabaly temperature, pH and NP-solvent that you have to get just-right to get all tryptamines out .!.. Swim had once thought MHRB extract could sometimes be loaded up on 5-Me-O-dmt too - based on how 'White-Light' some trips are from white-dmt (straight to the ALLTHATIS), compared to the animated and colorful ones from yellow dmt. (Both types of dmt were from the same batch of root)