We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Free lab test for your (garden or local) plants !!! Interested?? Options

carbonhalo
#61 Posted : 12/23/2017 7:45:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks so much for this thread.

I just harvested about a dozen 6' A. pycnantha that the livestock rolled on and flattened.
So far just lower trunk and root bark.
I feel no compunction about destructive harvesting as I live in the middle of a box/ironbark forest where pycnantha is about the 3rd dominant species. It seeds naturally in my pasture and nothing will eat it (1080 sandwich anyone?)

When my extraction is complete I'd love to send a sample.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

NgatiWikitoria
#62 Posted : 12/24/2017 1:08:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have some homegrown Peganum roots that I have just finished the first Manske on. Literature reviewed so far indicates that the roots have Harmine but not Harmaline. While I'm intending to attempt fractional crsytalisation via precipitation of free base using baking soda and then sodium carbonate and then NaOH, it would be great to get some hard data on the alkaloid profile.
Longer term I'm also looking to compare the alkaloid profile of peyote grafted onto Trichocereus vs those grown on their own roots (ie grafted first, then removed after they have grown larger and then grown on their own roots). That's going to be a good 2-5 years away until I have anything to actually test. Is this offer likely to still be in place that far out?
The object of my participation in this assembly:
The Diffusion of Light and the Advancement of Science

dascactus
#63 Posted : 2/5/2018 5:16:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have some homegrown and harvested caapi I would love to know the profile of it... It's about 6 years old in ground grown and was thicker than my arm before harvest but now it's growing back strong from where I chopped it down.

I would love to know the profile of the leaves as well I think it's quite strong... It's the McKenna variety "Cielo".

Thanks and let me know if I can get these tested Smile

pastanostra
#64 Posted : 2/5/2018 7:47:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey There,

I would like to know if the offer for analysis is ok actually ?

I've a Acacia Simplex Extract (pulled with IPA).
The tree grows localy naturally and have been harvested in October 25 2017.
The bark seems to yield much than last studies (1970) on this tree as we got 5,4% from an STB, 4,5% from an not finished AB and 3% from un unfinished sodium carb + ipa extraction.
The extract is very clean and seem containings many things.

If it's allways good for the analysis, this should take breaktrough in science data.

Cheers.

endlessness
#65 Posted : 2/5/2018 11:13:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes its possible!

Do you have more info on the Acacia? How was it identified? Do you have pics of the plant? Any info on what season it was harvested? Was it all bark, or any attempt at leaves too?

Gather all this info and post here, prepare the sample in a small vial or whatever to send, and pm me, and I'llget you an address to send it to.

pastanostra
#66 Posted : 2/6/2018 12:24:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Endlessness, thank you so much.

Please find below the information concerning the tree and a condensate of my notebook.
I hope it will be complete, if not please ask me to complete it.

Quote:
ACACIA SAMPLE

Specie : Acacia Simplicifolia (Simplex, Martaoui)
Region : New Caledonia
Trunk Diam. : ~25 cm
Date of Harvest : 25 October 2017
Time of Harvest : ~4:00PM
Season : Dry season
Part harvested : Lower trunk bark

Living environment : This tree live on a small island (less than a football field), the island is made of dead coral, the beach is only dead coral, the tree live between this beach and a organic soil.
Above there are agave tree, very rude and dry climate. During wind or bad weather, sea can go to the tree (not by the normal tides)

Identification : Grey like exterior bark, red bloody, purple inside bark. Smell hard. leaves as another Simplex and typical growing / living condition as observed in New Caledonia. No photo of the tree, GPS coord. in private.

NOTES : Harvest done while moon was at apogee (~8h before), No rain during 2 or 3 month before.

EXTRACTION 1

Acid / Base
100g of powder and "beads" that can't be broken easily
Yield of 4,5%
Yellow crystals (naptha wash)

On this extract, we need to see if our process is OK, and mostly the components ratio (DMT/NMT)

EXTRACTION 2

STB with sodium carbonate & Isopropyl Alcool 95%
50g of finelly powder
Yield of 4% (but not started a 4th pull)
Goo that solidified, brown, very nice smelling.

As this is a crude extract we would like to see components ratio DMT / NMT / Bcarb. If Bcarb can be identified, it could be a must must must. A friend suspect harman compounds.

Cheers

skoobysnax
#67 Posted : 2/6/2018 4:14:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some Desmanthus illinoensis that I would like to check out. Garden grown from seed, zone 8. 1st year plants, root bark harvested in Sept/October 2017. Possibly will do an ethanol extract like the one in the Eco friendly section so I can see how much gramine resides inside. PM me if you want to take it on.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

eel
#68 Posted : 7/14/2018 10:32:51 AM

infant in the infinite

VERY INTERESTED Smile there are so many plants in my area that i believe are psychoactive but have no way to test for them unless i do a full extraction. I live in South Africa and the the flora here is basically unexplored territory, humans have not really ever in history used the plants in these forests, as they mostly stuck to the coast lines. Now more and more people are testing and discovering all the medicinal properties of the local plants, but they aren't looking for the psychoactive properties like myself, am in the process now of continuously foraging and learning more about these local plants and hope to discover a hidden psychoactive gem in my local flora!
psychedelia inc.

endlessness
#69 Posted : 7/17/2018 9:12:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey eel,

But do any of these plants have some kind of indication they will have tryptamines of interest? I'd love to help people find local plants that have these alkaloids, but we cannot test tons of random plants just because they are near people... So make a selection, based on previous usage by locals, or people you know gave some reports on it, or there is some indication in literature, or at the very least if you want to explore new horizons then make a test extraction with a small amount, get some ehrlich reagent and test the extraction results. If it turns pink/purple, then its a good indication and I can arrange it to be lab tested.

Start making your work, make this preliminary investigation, small test extractions, be sure to have everything well documented (whereabouts, detailed pictures of plant, conditions of harvest, type of extraction etc) and get samples ready.. Around 50mg of extract is ideal, minimum 15-20mg. Let me know when things are ready. The lab is taking a break on august but they will be back in september, and we can talk.

KloudQ7
#70 Posted : 7/18/2018 5:19:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could I get some coca leaf extracts tested? I'd love to know the difference in alkaloid content of my plants grown in dry conditions and my friends plants grown in the jungle.

Incarnation
#71 Posted : 8/14/2018 3:15:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Endlessness,

If a Desmanthus leptolobus sample has not been tested yet, I would be more than happy to send one in when the lab is ready again. I can meet all of the entry requirements.

My main question is which type of extraction would yield the most useful results in this case? You noted that generally an A/B or STB is ideal, but wouldn’t it give a more comprehensive view to extract with something that pulls full spectrum? (I know you mentioned hordenine in the D. illinoensis results). What would be the best method (i.e. Methanol soak, A/B with Xylene, something else)?

endlessness
#72 Posted : 8/14/2018 8:16:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Incarnation wrote:
Endlessness,

If a Desmanthus leptolobus sample has not been tested yet, I would be more than happy to send one in when the lab is ready again. I can meet all of the entry requirements.

My main question is which type of extraction would yield the most useful results in this case? You noted that generally an A/B or STB is ideal, but wouldn’t it give a more comprehensive view to extract with something that pulls full spectrum? (I know you mentioned hordenine in the D. illinoensis results). What would be the best method (i.e. Methanol soak, A/B with Xylene, something else)?

Sounds excellent!

Actually better if you can compare something, for example a normal extraction versus a simple soak... Also if there's any other variable you want to compare (wild vs grown, young vs new, root vs other plant part, whatever) feel free to send the different samples well labelled. In 2 weeks i will give you the adress so you can send it

Be well

Innocent
#73 Posted : 8/15/2018 11:24:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What country does the sample have to be posted to? Please not international haha

There is a very interesting sample here that begs for testing: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=899571

Incarnation
#74 Posted : 8/16/2018 4:32:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Plant (tryptamines & betacarbolines) extraction solvent options suitable for preparing GC/LC-MS samples?

Sorry to press further on this, but I’m just a curious plant person, and lacking in chemistry comprehension, so..,

1. Does a dried aqueous extract “work” in this testing equipment? Seems a useful extract method, since oral brews are common.
2a. Assuming a dried aqueous extract is acceptable, does also testing an alcoholic extract add any additional information?
2b. Are both pure Methanol and 95% ethanol(i.e. Everclear) workable options?
2c. How much soak time duration is necessary with alcohols, and is heat (non-flame source) advised?
3. Regarding based->Non-polar extraction, would Xylene be preferable to pull a wider spectrum than Naphtha?

endlessness
#75 Posted : 8/16/2018 4:50:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What plant are you considering extracting?

Yes water extraction works to test, and indeed can give useful information.

I think the choice of extraction method should be dependent on what most people use (and therefore most useful information) for that given plant, as well as what is easier to you.

If its a plant that different extractions/preparations are made, then comparing extraction methods is even more useful (for example water extract versus basified non-polar extract)

You can use methanol and ethanol too, yes, both work fine.. Its not necessary to do alcohol extract apart from other methods if you are already doing something else, unless you want to compare the methods or its some plant that people commonly do tinctures with alcohol.

Xylene is fine, naphtha is fine.. You can compare both too.. all depends how much time you have in your hands and willingness to do separate extracts to send for testing Smile

benzyme
#76 Posted : 8/17/2018 3:08:40 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

was going to chime in initially, but I knew endlessness would provide a good answer.
just wanted to add, for LCMS or GCMS analysis, a simple extraction with solely ethanol, methanol, or dcm would suffice.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Innocent
#77 Posted : 8/18/2018 5:13:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry but I must ask again, what country is the shipping to? I'd like to see results on this very interesting solid extract.

Incarnation
#78 Posted : 8/20/2018 11:25:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Four samples are prepared for testing:

Desmanthus leptolobus
Root bark (1 year old, grown from seed)
1. Dried aqueous extract (1.4g from 5g)
2. A/B with vinegar/NaOH/Naphtha (45mg from 15g) = 0.3% yield

Foliage (3 months old grown from seed)
3. Dried aqueous extract (2.5g from 8.5g)
4. A/B —> reA/B with vinegar/NaOH/Naphtha (22mg from 100g). = 0.022% yield

Images in this order:
Seeds
Plant
Roots
Aqueous root bark extract
A/B root bark extract
Aqueous foliage extract
A/B foliage extract
Incarnation attached the following image(s):
737791E8-2953-4F29-B75A-E3D1CF2CB7FB.png (626kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
E046415E-4C9A-4713-80D9-F2962B5886CD.png (1,033kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
4FDDBB04-EC5F-4940-9EE7-A21958002327.png (1,044kb) downloaded 117 time(s).
4961F753-F7DB-4CB1-9069-EB4A53C54933.png (588kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
42856649-39CA-4B81-8AB0-C37A6FB38F49.png (627kb) downloaded 117 time(s).
9DCD4416-D4EA-4BB6-8785-B98F77C07D8E.png (800kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
B43F4B8E-7E67-4451-8013-D900881A105C.png (647kb) downloaded 118 time(s).

Sigtyr
#79 Posted : 11/13/2018 12:02:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does this offer still stand? I have some Acacia Floribunda bark extract that I am interested in having analysed and thereby, (hopefully) being able to contribute to the research of this species.

This was extracted from 300g of bark that was harvested on the 28/10/18 from branches that were pruned from a some what large tree growing on the side of the road. I didn't take photos at the time but I can revisit the site to take some at a later date if needed.

I also kept the bark and did some more acid soaks in case I missed anything. I intend to attempt another extraction from it sometime next week just to make sure.

Pictures of extract attached in this thread https://www.dmt-nexus.me...sts&m=926452#926452.

Thanks

EDIT: I managed to get a couple of photos of the tree today
Sigtyr attached the following image(s):
aft1.jpg (373kb) downloaded 100 time(s).
af3.jpg (527kb) downloaded 99 time(s).
af4.jpg (407kb) downloaded 98 time(s).

Incarnation
#80 Posted : 11/13/2018 1:53:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I’m pretty sure endlessness can set you up to have it analyzed.
However, there has been a delay, due to equipment needing repair.
In the meantime, if you have the funds on hand, you could pick up a TLC test kit:
http://www.lunarlaboratories.com/separation-tlc-kits/
This at-home kit would allow you to easily determine if dmt is present in this sample, or any others you end up extracting.

«PREV23456NEXT»