We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dabbing DMT Method? Options

Hippie710
#1 Posted : 8/13/2018 5:00:05 PM

Psychonaut Extractor

Hey everyone,

I have been trying different methods of smoking DMT for years and one method that caught my eye is dabbing. Im REALLY into dabbing cannabis extracts and have dabbed DMT by itself several times but Im not seeing a lot of research on the best way to do this. I use a Electronic Nail for my dab rig so I can control temp well but Im not really sure the best way to do this and if this is even a reccomended way of doing DMT. My main concerns are what tempeture to dab it at and if by holding my hits and having the rest of the DMT still being heated up in the quartz Im hurting the effectiveness of my next hit.

Thanks,
Anthony
Hippie710 attached the following image(s):
20180702_133008.jpg (118kb) downloaded 195 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

null24
#2 Posted : 8/14/2018 2:22:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I've never done it-i have this strange aversion to blowtorches, red hot metal and OoBEs. However a good friend reports good results using a nectar collector/silicone pad. He says he heats it just as he does forwax.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Hippie710
#3 Posted : 8/14/2018 3:46:04 PM

Psychonaut Extractor

I usually smoke my wax at 610 F and Ive been reading this about DMT on a lot of research

MELTING POINT 44.6-46.8°C (116°F) (crystals)
BOILING POINT 60-80°C (crystals)

I dont like torches either so I use a e-nail on my dab rig and can pick my temp I guess my concern is if excess heat will hurt effectiveness of the molecule.

Artiam
#4 Posted : 8/18/2018 12:25:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i could see a thermal banger and cap working well for a method using a dab rig. Thermal quarts bangers have two layers of quarts, with a gap of air between them: separating the surface that makes contact with the flame from the surface that touches your "wax", allowing for a convection method of vaporization(great for low temps!) i wouldnt drop your spice onto the hot surface, but rather place it into the banger and heat it from underneath with a torch lighter(not a blowtorch) until it produces vapor.

The idea here is that the spice would not directly touch the surface that is being heated, and instead be warmed within the inner chamber of the banger.

You could also lookup "the mutant machine" on the nexus forum, and make something similar
to attach to your rig
remember that convection is key.

Trippin on deez
#5 Posted : 11/14/2018 6:31:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So, many people haven't heard of quartz inserts, even avid dabbers. It's like a little shot glass that you preload and drop it into your already hot banger. It really solves every possible issue with dabbing spice. No more trying to dump powder into a hot banger/nail, your spice doesn't come in direct contact with a hot surface, they're cheap enough I just use 2 inserts specifically for spice so my live rosin still tastes amazing. It's almost impossible to burn too. I get the banger just start to turn red and wait ~45s, I'll already have 35mg of spice in the insert, just drop it into the banger. It will melt in a few seconds then start giving off vapor, use a carb cap and pull steady. Breaking through on 35mg every time in 1 hit. I didn't like the idea of trying to dump my spice directly on/in a hot surface and there being a good chance of spilling it or burning it. I almost bought a GVG but,thought I'd give this a shot after recently buying a couple for doing low temp dabs of my fairly time consuming to make live rosin. I'm so glad I did because it's absolutely perfect in every way. Do yours favor and get one to try. You can get a banger and insert cheap on eBay, less than $20. Just to give you an idea of how it works I found this video, not me, not spice, but you'll understand better. https://youtu.be/1WOGvgmNofI