We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A. Muscaria Georgia, Bakuriani forests Options

mettalmag
#1 Posted : 8/16/2018 1:28:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So here I am again searching for advice what to do with A. Muscaria I found.
I was thinking to smoke it this time but first things first.

there were no other mushrooms around so I picked this little guy up and ATM it is washed and drying.
I also think that this is not the greater dosage but at least I want to feel something.
I think that drying process will take more than a week so let it be.
I need some advises on how to make most out of it, the best way for me I don't know why is to smoke it if it's possible. If not I'll go with another way.
Any suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated..

I'm sober for more than 3 years now and I wanted to get back to the experiences I was pulling out of shrooms, cannabis and others... So this one will be the first step after a long time being sober.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

T36
#2 Posted : 8/16/2018 3:26:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

best thing to do and the most unwaistful is to boil the mushroom and then add DMSO
Also you then might want to expose the tea to UV light or leave it in the sun for a couple of hours, to make the muscazone version of muscimol(its stronger)

Quote from erowid
Quote:
Apparently DMSO, an easy to obtain and low toxicity solvent, is exceptionally effective at converting ibotenic acid to muscimol. How effective is it? DMSO practically gets you a 100% yield of muscimol from your ibotenic acid overnight. At room temperature. Additionally, DMSO is effective at increasing the body’s absorption of nearly any drug, muscimol included.

here are some guidelines:
Don’t use more than 2 tsp. DMSO. It is a catalyst, so you don’t need a lot. Also, you don’t really want to ingest more than 2 tsp. of it because it does not have the best taste.

Don’t put the DMSO on the stove. If you add it to the boiling water, and you accidently let it all boil off, you potentially have an explosion on your hands. This makes for a bad trip.

Don’t try to make a resin for smoking with DMSO, as smoking could cause an explosion.
Do some research on DMSO yourself, and get to know the substance if you aren’t familiar with it. It has plenty of other useful drug related applications for you to discover. Smile

I live in the Pacific Northwest, and these beautiful mushrooms are growing everywhere in my neighborhood! I have been enjoying them for about three years now: picking them and drying them in my oven at about 170 F with the door open and consuming them a number of ways. I have found, however, that the decarboxylation of ibotenic acid into muscimol that is supposed to happen in the oven has been rather hit or miss. When these mushrooms make you retch, it is the ibotenic acid that is the culprit.
Here is what I did:
I took 1 small, 2 inch amanita cap and boiled it in a sauce pan with about a quart of water for about 15 minutes, and then removed the cap from the water. I proceeded to let the water boil until there was only a half cup left, then transferred it to a mason jar and let it cool. (I have seen muscimol’s boiling point quoted online as being 70 C, and this is simply false. You can boil off the water without harming either the ibotenic acid or muscimol.) I then added 2 tsp DMSO to the solution, and allowed it to sit overnight. The next day, I picked it up and gave it a swirl and drank it in a quick gulp. It did not taste good, but went down quick. I recommend having a chaser nearby.

Within 10 minutes of taking it, I was feeling the effects of the mushroom, and I felt not a hint of nausea either. This was a small dose, only 1 small cap, but I was feeling significantly more kick than I normally get from that amount. Within 30 minutes I peaked, with a thick calmness in my body and a strong alcohol like buzz but with a clearer headspace. I feel the hypnotic effects and a vague distortion in my peripheral vision. The euphoria does not seem to be amplified, by the DMSO, but is about where it normally would be. The high lasts its usual duration, about 6 hours.

Quote:
Ibotenic Acid Decarboxylation to Muscimol: Dramatic Solvent and Radiolytic Rate Acceleration

Filera CN, Lacya JM and CT Peng

Synthetic Communications 2005 35(7):967-70.

Both ibotenic acid (1) and muscimol (2) have been isolated from several fungal species including Amanita muscaria1 and are active CNS agents of the NMDA and GABA receptor systems respectively. It has also been demonstrated that under certain circumstances 1 can decarboxylate to 2, but the scope of the reaction was largely unexplored.2 A number of years ago colleagues in our laboratory, likely influenced by the conditions of the classic Krapcho reaction,3 first reported in a talk that simply stirring 1 in a solution of DMSO with high specific activity 3H2O(Water) overnight at ambient temperature afforded a very reasonable radiochemical yield of 3a with exclusive tritium incorporation in the amino methylene as established by tritium NMR.4 Since then we have performed this simple yet robust synthesis many times, providing valuable radioligand 3a to the neurochemical community and supporting literally hundreds of key published studies in the GABA area. A representative synthesis is described in the experimental section.

Years later, Nielsen and coworkers independently explored the nonenzymatic decarboxylation of ibotenic acid, reporting that 1 was stable in water even at 37°C overnight and only after its exposure to boiling water at pH extremes over the course of several hours was any decarboxylation to 2 noted.5 Until recently we were unaware of this surprising observation and it clearly demonstrates that our mild ambient temperature decarboxylation of 1 to 3a with DMSO/3H2O(Water) is a far more intriguing and remarkable result than first recognized. It is certainly a rare event to so markedly accelerate a reaction by a mere solvent change6 and we were prompted to further examine this interesting transformation more closely.

We first confirmed and extended the observation of the Danish workers, noting that when 1 is dissolved in D2O at ambient temperature and monitored by HPLC, it is stable for more than two weeks, showing only minimal (0.2%) conversion to 3b. We next examined the stability of 1 in DMSO-d6 and D2O (10:1), a concentration identical to the tritiation reaction. In this solvent system at ambient temperature and monitored by HPLC, approximately 90% of 1 was gradually and fairly cleanly converted to 3b over the course of a week. This result was repeated several times and interestingly shows that the addition of DMSO to water clearly facilitates the decarboxylation of 1. However, and perhaps even more important, the use of 3H2O (in lieu of water) with DMSO dramatically accelerates the decarboxylation process.

mettalmag
#3 Posted : 8/17/2018 8:33:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

T36 wrote:
best thing to do and the most unwaistful is to boil the mushroom and then add DMSO
Also you then might want to expose the tea to UV light or leave it in the sun for a couple of hours, to make the muscazone version of muscimol(its stronger)

Quote from erowid
Quote:
Apparently DMSO, an easy to obtain and low toxicity solvent, is exceptionally effective at converting ibotenic acid to muscimol. How effective is it? DMSO practically gets you a 100% yield of muscimol from your ibotenic acid overnight. At room temperature. Additionally, DMSO is effective at increasing the body’s absorption of nearly any drug, muscimol included.

here are some guidelines:
Don’t use more than 2 tsp. DMSO. It is a catalyst, so you don’t need a lot. Also, you don’t really want to ingest more than 2 tsp. of it because it does not have the best taste.

Don’t put the DMSO on the stove. If you add it to the boiling water, and you accidently let it all boil off, you potentially have an explosion on your hands. This makes for a bad trip.

Don’t try to make a resin for smoking with DMSO, as smoking could cause an explosion.
Do some research on DMSO yourself, and get to know the substance if you aren’t familiar with it. It has plenty of other useful drug related applications for you to discover. Smile

I live in the Pacific Northwest, and these beautiful mushrooms are growing everywhere in my neighborhood! I have been enjoying them for about three years now: picking them and drying them in my oven at about 170 F with the door open and consuming them a number of ways. I have found, however, that the decarboxylation of ibotenic acid into muscimol that is supposed to happen in the oven has been rather hit or miss. When these mushrooms make you retch, it is the ibotenic acid that is the culprit.
Here is what I did:
I took 1 small, 2 inch amanita cap and boiled it in a sauce pan with about a quart of water for about 15 minutes, and then removed the cap from the water. I proceeded to let the water boil until there was only a half cup left, then transferred it to a mason jar and let it cool. (I have seen muscimol’s boiling point quoted online as being 70 C, and this is simply false. You can boil off the water without harming either the ibotenic acid or muscimol.) I then added 2 tsp DMSO to the solution, and allowed it to sit overnight. The next day, I picked it up and gave it a swirl and drank it in a quick gulp. It did not taste good, but went down quick. I recommend having a chaser nearby.

Within 10 minutes of taking it, I was feeling the effects of the mushroom, and I felt not a hint of nausea either. This was a small dose, only 1 small cap, but I was feeling significantly more kick than I normally get from that amount. Within 30 minutes I peaked, with a thick calmness in my body and a strong alcohol like buzz but with a clearer headspace. I feel the hypnotic effects and a vague distortion in my peripheral vision. The euphoria does not seem to be amplified, by the DMSO, but is about where it normally would be. The high lasts its usual duration, about 6 hours.

Quote:
Ibotenic Acid Decarboxylation to Muscimol: Dramatic Solvent and Radiolytic Rate Acceleration

Filera CN, Lacya JM and CT Peng

Synthetic Communications 2005 35(7):967-70.

Both ibotenic acid (1) and muscimol (2) have been isolated from several fungal species including Amanita muscaria1 and are active CNS agents of the NMDA and GABA receptor systems respectively. It has also been demonstrated that under certain circumstances 1 can decarboxylate to 2, but the scope of the reaction was largely unexplored.2 A number of years ago colleagues in our laboratory, likely influenced by the conditions of the classic Krapcho reaction,3 first reported in a talk that simply stirring 1 in a solution of DMSO with high specific activity 3H2O(Water) overnight at ambient temperature afforded a very reasonable radiochemical yield of 3a with exclusive tritium incorporation in the amino methylene as established by tritium NMR.4 Since then we have performed this simple yet robust synthesis many times, providing valuable radioligand 3a to the neurochemical community and supporting literally hundreds of key published studies in the GABA area. A representative synthesis is described in the experimental section.

Years later, Nielsen and coworkers independently explored the nonenzymatic decarboxylation of ibotenic acid, reporting that 1 was stable in water even at 37°C overnight and only after its exposure to boiling water at pH extremes over the course of several hours was any decarboxylation to 2 noted.5 Until recently we were unaware of this surprising observation and it clearly demonstrates that our mild ambient temperature decarboxylation of 1 to 3a with DMSO/3H2O(Water) is a far more intriguing and remarkable result than first recognized. It is certainly a rare event to so markedly accelerate a reaction by a mere solvent change6 and we were prompted to further examine this interesting transformation more closely.

We first confirmed and extended the observation of the Danish workers, noting that when 1 is dissolved in D2O at ambient temperature and monitored by HPLC, it is stable for more than two weeks, showing only minimal (0.2%) conversion to 3b. We next examined the stability of 1 in DMSO-d6 and D2O (10:1), a concentration identical to the tritiation reaction. In this solvent system at ambient temperature and monitored by HPLC, approximately 90% of 1 was gradually and fairly cleanly converted to 3b over the course of a week. This result was repeated several times and interestingly shows that the addition of DMSO to water clearly facilitates the decarboxylation of 1. However, and perhaps even more important, the use of 3H2O (in lieu of water) with DMSO dramatically accelerates the decarboxylation process.

thank you a lot for this reading material and the info about DMSO which I knew nothing about.
Unfortunately I have no access to DMSO and I'm still in a search of ways to consume this little mushroom I picked in a forest.
I'm also not sure why but I think safest way is to smoke it? I have no arguments nor facts about it, I just feel right that way, but as I said I'm open to any suggestions a man with a better knowledge than mine can give.
Shroom atm is drying and I still have plenty of time to research and ask questions about it. I don't want to make same mistake as I made 3 years ago consuming about 40 grams of half dried A. Muscarias.
So here I am, on the road again

T36
#4 Posted : 8/17/2018 6:24:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

smoking this mushroom gives very mild buzz drunk like effect that does not last long and you will have to smoke the whole cap which will probably be like 1 gram when dried...
if you have access to weed then it would be a great idea to combine them!

some drugstores sell dmso without asking for a prescription! some pharmaceutical companies
dont write on the box and pamphlet that it a prescription drug... i my self have bought 2 different brands of dmso, one was with a (prescription needed warning) and the other without it and both times i was not asked for a prescription Very happy

and yeah 40 grams of amanitas is definitely a bad trip, you should post a trip report on that.

if you got the time and want to learn more about amanita muscaria i can suggest you a book by Donald E. Teeter Amanita Muscaria; Herb of Immortality its an easy&interesting read (only 130 pages) plus its free!

...Also always remember to never drink carbonated drinks like coke and beer when doing amanitas! this combination can sent you to the hospital...