We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoking DMT from a water bong Options

Tara123
#1 Posted : 8/9/2018 6:30:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am about to have a go at my first extraction using Cyb's ATB Salt tek.

It has occurred to me that if I'm successful I'm gonna need something to smoke the final product with. Wut?

I have done some research and can see that at some stage it would be worth investing in a vaporizing devise, such as the GVG.

However, in the meantime, would it work to just use the water bong that I would normally smoke weed out of?

If this is the case, am I just using the bong in the same way that I would do to smoke weed?

Any advice on this for a first timer is much appreciated, thanks.

Love

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TGO
#2 Posted : 8/9/2018 7:13:07 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Bongs are great tools for DMT exploration. Be sure to always check the FAQ first.

But to expand on what it says there, it is best to "cherry" a small section of your bowl and take long, slow and deep draws into the lungs, using the ember from the cherry to toast the bowl and not a constant flame. If done right, you can get it all in one hit OR a couple hits. Hold it in...and see ya on the other side! This applies to enhanced leaf and changa. The sandwich method can be a little trickier depending on what is used (ash, herb, etc etc).

I would also suggest using a separate bong specifically for DMT unless you want your weed to taste like DMT too. Good luck!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Tara123
#3 Posted : 8/9/2018 7:53:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TGO wrote:
Bongs are great tools for DMT exploration. Be sure to always check the FAQ first.

But to expand on what it says there, it is best to "cherry" a small section of your bowl and take long, slow and deep draws into the lungs, using the ember from the cherry to toast the bowl and not a constant flame. If done right, you can get it all in one hit OR a couple hits. Hold it in...and see ya on the other side! This applies to enhanced leaf and changa. The sandwich method can be a little trickier depending on what is used (ash, herb, etc etc).

I would also suggest using a separate bong specifically for DMT unless you want your weed to taste like DMT too. Good luck!

Thanks TGO Very happy

So, can I just smoke the crystal in the bong? Or do I have to use the herbs?

And can you explain what you mean by "cherry"?

Sorry - I'm just trying to get to grips with how it will work.

I appreciate it, thanks Love

TGO
#4 Posted : 8/9/2018 8:58:46 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

No problem, sometimes terminology is weird so let me put it this way:

Think of the "cherry" as something that is smoldering, like the lit end of someone's cigarette or joint. You want it to be an ember, not totally destroyed by open flames. So light a small portion of your enhanced leaf so it starts burning as an ember, then coupled with the long drags, the heat will pass over the DMT, vaporizing it while simultaneously (and slowly) burning your leaf.

(Note: People often load a little extra with these methods because some DMT will almost always burn. It is the nature of this Route of administration)

You can put crystals directly in there via sandwich method.

Or infuse into herbs.

It is completely up to you.

I'd recommend looking into all these options and decide what is most practical for your situation. Personally, I love enhanced leaf and changa but many swear by the sandwich method, which is the quickest route.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Tara123
#5 Posted : 8/9/2018 9:18:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TGO wrote:
No problem, sometimes terminology is weird so let me put it this way:

Think of the "cherry" as something that is smoldering, like the lit end of someone's cigarette or joint. You want it to be an ember, not totally destroyed by open flames. So light a small portion of your enhanced leaf so it starts burning as an ember, then coupled with the long drags, the heat will pass over the DMT, vaporizing it while simultaneously (and slowly) burning your leaf.

(Note: People often load a little extra with these methods because some DMT will almost always burn. It is the nature of this Route of administration)

You can put crystals directly in there via sandwich method.

Or infuse into herbs.

It is completely up to you.

I'd recommend looking into all these options and decide what is most practical for your situation. Personally, I love enhanced leaf and changa but many swear by the sandwich method, which is the quickest route.

Great, I got it Thumbs up

Thanks for the help, I'm really looking forward to trying these out Big grin

#6 Posted : 8/9/2018 9:46:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Tara123 wrote:

However, in the meantime, would it work to just use the water bong that I would normally smoke weed out of?

If this is the case, am I just using the bong in the same way that I would do to smoke weed?

Love

Yup a water bong can be a very powerful way to smoke dmt.

Sandwich is a good method for sure, but might take a few tries to figure out lighter distance, pull speed of the draw in of breath, herb layer thickness for bottom & top etc, but once it's dialed in it can work very very well.

Another good method that I've done (before ever making e-leaf or changa) is pack a relatively tight (though still being able to draw air through reasonably well) bottom layer of herb, stick the dmt xtals on top, wave the lighter a good distance above the xtals possibly moving closer in order for them to melt in the herb, then once the dmt turns liquid/y then carefully try to just light the top of the now infused herb, long and slowww (but full) tokes, deep into the lungs, hold each hit for as long as possible, or until you're completely unable to take another.

I've said this in other posts ..but make sure to use as cold of water as you can get, ice ice cold.

*maybe drink a tad bit of that ice cold water before you smoke even Big grin

hope it all goes well for you, report back

Tara123
#7 Posted : 8/10/2018 8:05:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
Tara123 wrote:

Love

Yup a water bong can be a very powerful way to smoke dmt.

Sandwich is a good method for sure, but might take a few tries to figure out lighter distance, pull speed of the draw in of breath, herb layer thickness for bottom & top etc, but once it's dialed in it can work very very well.

Another good method that I've done (before ever making e-leaf or changa) is pack a relatively tight (though still being able to draw air through reasonably well) bottom layer of herb, stick the dmt xtals on top, wave the lighter a good distance above the xtals possibly moving closer in order for them to melt in the herb, then once the dmt turns liquid/y then carefully try to just light the top of the now infused herb, long and slowww (but full) tokes, deep into the lungs, hold each hit for as long as possible, or until you're completely unable to take another.

I've said this in other posts ..but make sure to use as cold of water as you can get, ice ice cold.

*maybe drink a tad bit of that ice cold water before you smoke even Big grin

hope it all goes well for you, report back

Thanks Tatt, that sounds like an interesting method, I'll give it a go!

Very happy

Nydex
#8 Posted : 8/10/2018 12:42:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for making the post, Tara123, and massive thanks to TGO and tatterman for the sound advice.

Love you all. Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Tara123
#9 Posted : 8/10/2018 4:05:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for making the post, Tara123, and massive thanks to TGO and tatterman for the sound advice.

Love you all. Love

Wink Love

RAM
#10 Posted : 8/11/2018 10:37:45 PM

Hail the keys!

Another tip: have someone or something close by to catch the bong from you after you take your hits. I used a bong when I first started seriously using DMT and was sometimes surprised at just how fast it hit me.

Dropping and potentially breaking your bong (or just getting water and leaf all over the place) will likely not be conducive for a great trip. It can be very comforting, in my opinion, to have a trusted friend there to take the bong safely out of your hands as you lay back for the ride.

Good luck and enjoy!
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

Tara123
#11 Posted : 8/14/2018 9:17:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To report back on this thread.

I am pleased to report that my first extraction worked with Cyb's salt tek (thank you Cyb) and I had my first go at smoking last night.

I've attached a picture of the smoking device. Peppermint was the herb of choice (which I got out of some nice organic peppermint tea bags) in order to make a spice sandwich.

I can see that it's going to take a bit of time before I get the technique right. A couple of times I think I burnt the spice (made me cough) or I just didn't get the inhalation technique right.

My last attempt was the most successful. I waited an hour from my last attempt (just incase of any tolerance). I lit the peppermint on the top a little bit and then took a long, slow inhale with my finger covering the shottie. When I had enough, I exhaled, putting my finger over the mouthpiece to prevent the vapour escaping. I then took another inhale, with the shottie open, to clear the chamber.

I felt a mild buzz for around 5 mins but no visuals or anything yet. I am only working with 10mg of spice each time at the moment. I want to get the technique right. I'm also quite scared haha so need to take it slow Laughing

I think I got an idea of what's to come. I was a really strange 5 minutes. Different to the mushroom trips I've done. More scary/intense. But fun Wink

Thanks for all the advice on this and other threads regarding smoking technique, it's totally priceless!

With love Love

Tara123 attached the following image(s):
Water bong.jpg (1,896kb) downloaded 360 time(s).

Nydex
#12 Posted : 8/14/2018 9:24:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow what a beautiful bowl Shocked

I'm just waiting on a new batch of ACRB, gonna have my second attempt at extracting soon.

Be well. Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Nydex
#13 Posted : 1/14/2019 10:03:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, here I am close to having my first ever attempt at ingesting DMT - a moment I've awaited long, and gathered a huge amount of respect for.

I will definitely go with the bong as my first "device", but I was wondering something. When the spice gets vaporized and pass through the water won't some of the vapor get caught in the water, or stick to the walls of the bong? I want to take it slowly and fill the entire bong with vapor before inhaling it in one go, which implies that the vapor will sit in the bong for some time - will it stick/condense on the walls of the bong, or not? And if it sticks - is it an amount that makes it not worth it, or is the amount so miniscule that it's practically not considered a waste of spice?

Thanks!
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Tara123
#14 Posted : 1/14/2019 2:16:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
Ok, here I am close to having my first ever attempt at ingesting DMT - a moment I've awaited long, and gathered a huge amount of respect for.

I will definitely go with the bong as my first "device", but I was wondering something. When the spice gets vaporized and pass through the water won't some of the vapor get caught in the water, or stick to the walls of the bong? I want to take it slowly and fill the entire bong with vapor before inhaling it in one go, which implies that the vapor will sit in the bong for some time - will it stick/condense on the walls of the bong, or not? And if it sticks - is it an amount that makes it not worth it, or is the amount so miniscule that it's practically not considered a waste of spice?

Thanks!

Not sure of the answer to this. I had assumed the waste was miniscule.

Very cool that you're gonna get to try DMT soon. I'm excited for you!! Big grin Love Big grin

Brennendes Wasser
#15 Posted : 1/18/2019 2:19:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

The loss should be nearly nothing, but to be sure you can just leave out the water.

There is no reason for the water, it won't be too hot anyways. The problem is more on the other side, the taste of Changa is always pretty harsh and like plastic, as you cant evaporate it that nice like you would with Freebase in the GVG.

That other question: Not too much should stick on the walls. At the end the Bong may smell like Spice, but even keeping the vapor in the bong for like 30 seconds should not decrease the amount noticably.

It's really nothing you would ever need to concern, if you dont place your bong back on the table and go for some shopping.

As for the water: try it with and without and if you think that the vapor is not hot anyways (or not cooler when using water), then you can leave it away of course.

Nydex
#16 Posted : 1/18/2019 11:45:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
the taste of Changa is always pretty harsh and like plastic

Surprised I thought Changa tasted relatively well...
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Brennendes Wasser
#17 Posted : 1/19/2019 5:39:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Well ... maybe it happens only to me, but I can definetly say that properly smoked Freebase is always MUCH smoother than Changa.

Being a non-smoker, this may affect it. But because of this it may even be a good point to check the difference between both, as a smoker would probably not care if one of those were harsh to him.

The thing with Changa is:

You want the flame to get as close to evaporate as much as possible out of it, but not too near to destroy it.

But if you dont get close enough, you will not create any vapor.

Ok yes - this is of course also the case for freebase.

But with Changa there are 2 point which are simply irrelevant for freebase:

1.) You also need to evaporate your MAOI and they evaporate at a higher temperature. Therefore it is impossible to FULLY evaporate both together with a MAXIMUM efficiency.

2.) The Spice is completely wrapped around the leaves. You throw your leaves into your bowl and start lighting it. As - of course - Spice is also on the downsides of the leaves, you will not evaporate it, if you only want to perfectly evaporate the top spice. You need to get closer to reach all spots where the heat is not transfered that easily and by this you may again burn spice on the top.
-> This is not the case for Freebase as *too hot* freebase already evaporated, revealing the lower layers, which then evaporate in addition.

Therefore I always recommend eating (or smoking, but eating is better) the MAOI and then smoking the Freebase if (you are a non-smoker and) the changa vapor is too harsh.