We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mescaline Tek filter size and source? Options

Hippie710
#1 Posted : 8/13/2018 7:02:17 AM

Psychonaut Extractor

Hey Psychonauts,

I am finishing up final touches on the Tek I am going to use for a San Pedro cactus extraction, and I am a little stuck on one part of buying lab gear. The filters, In one part of my extraction recipe calls for 6µm filters and 15µm filters later on. When looking online Im seeing lots and lots of options for material, size of paper, microns, some ranging in µm. Having a hard time finding this size and point being Im not really sure what to get and was hoping someone had a recommendation on some good filters for Mescaline HCI.

Im going off of Petes research for the purifying, found below. To help explain the situation.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&m=887927#887927

Thanks,
Anthony

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

pete666
#2 Posted : 8/13/2018 8:46:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey mate,

just examples, maybe you can get it cheaper somewhere else...

Grade 1 filter

Grade 3 filter

You can use grade 3 filter for both, saving costs, if you don't mind waiting for filtration

Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

Hippie710
#3 Posted : 8/13/2018 4:35:35 PM

Psychonaut Extractor

Okay that good to know, I have a lot more patience than money so I think ill bee going with a pack of the grade 3 and running it all through that. Thanks Pete, you have helped me a ton with my mescaline research.

Anthony

Hippie710
#4 Posted : 8/13/2018 6:03:20 PM

Psychonaut Extractor

ONE more question haha, its not about filters but DMT-Nexus wont let me direct messege you and Ive made plenty odd Mescaline threads, but in in this step of your washing Tek

4. Prepare mix of dry! acetone, dry! IPA and dry! MEK (ratio 1:1:1). Mix properly and put it into freezer for a day. MEK is not necessary, but tone and IPA yes. I use all. Any water in this solution leads to lower yields

Im a little confused on the "dry!" part, Ive never done this before so this could be a really dumb question, but Im planning on buying a quart sized bottle of 99.5% Acetone and using some IPA i already have, probably just gonna use the 2 solvents this time, but am I going to have to dry out both liquids? and then how would I seperate it from the mesc if its all powder?

pete666
#5 Posted : 8/13/2018 6:40:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dry! means as dry as possible. So source the best you can and dry it yourself again. My acetone and ipa are the best chemists can get. I probably don't have to dry them, because the bottles come with analysis results, I can se the water is really in trace amounts. Anyway, I still dry it with dry MgSO4. More here. The same procedure for acetone, ipa and mek.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 8/13/2018 8:14:44 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Re the question about "dry! acetone" etc.

Quote:
how would I seperate it from the mesc if its all powder?

"Dry" is shorthand for "anhydrous" which means that all water has been removed from the solvent concerned using, most commonly, dry magnesium sulfate as pete suggests. It doesn't mean turned into a powder!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

pete666
#7 Posted : 8/13/2018 8:27:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Re the question about "dry! acetone" etc.

Quote:
how would I seperate it from the mesc if its all powder?

"Dry" is shorthand for "anhydrous" which means that all water has been removed from the solvent concerned using, most commonly, dry magnesium sulfate as pete suggests. It doesn't mean turned into a powder!

Thanks downwardsfromzero, I didn't get the question, funny Smile