We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoking DMT Vs Drinking Ayahuasca with a Shaman in South America Options

Qweleb
#1 Posted : 8/12/2018 4:30:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I am going travelling to south America in a few months, and have been heavily interested in the effects of DMT for quite a few years now.

Naturally, I believe my trip to the drugs homeplace presents an appropriate time for me to finally try this drug, and have this experience.

I have been researching DMT retreats, and most I can find are in Peru. Ideally I would like to try the drug in the presence of a shaman, but can only find retreats that offer Ayahuasca ceremonies. I wonder if any of you have been to any retreats that also facilitate the smoking of DMT. I understand the trips are very different and am way more interested (for my first exoerience) to have the more intense, but shorter lived, experience of smoking DMT rather than drinking ayahuasca.

Thanks for your time and I very much look forward to reading your responses.

Q

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 8/12/2018 4:57:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Qweleb wrote:
Hello,

I am going travelling to south America in a few months, and have been heavily interested in the effects of DMT for quite a few years now.

Naturally, I believe my trip to the drugs homeplace presents an appropriate time for me to finally try this drug, and have this experience.

I have been researching DMT retreats, and most I can find are in Peru. Ideally I would like to try the drug in the presence of a shaman, but can only find retreats that offer Ayahuasca ceremonies. I wonder if any of you have been to any retreats that also facilitate the smoking of DMT. I understand the trips are very different and am way more interested (for my first exoerience) to have the more intense, but shorter lived, experience of smoking DMT rather than drinking ayahuasca.

Thanks for your time and I very much look forward to reading your responses.

Q

The amazon is not really the homeplace of DMT. Most of the DMT people are smoking is not coming from any amazonian plants. Ayahuasca, is a mixture of plants from the amazon. I am sure you know this, but just for the sake of clarity and splitting hairs. DMT can be found naturally all over the globe.

Aya can be just as intense as smoking DMT, if the person making/serving it wants it to be. Just be aware of this. The idea that aya cant be like vaping DMT, but for hours, is a bit of a myth..lol. Bit harder to get there sure, but it happens.

Enjoy Peru!
Long live the unwoke.

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 8/12/2018 6:16:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh jamie is right. Ayahuasca can be every bit as intense as smoked DMT. Maybe even more intense, depending on what exactly is in the brew.

I didn't know there where retreats where DMT is being smoked, btw.
Are you sure it's DMT and not 5-MeO?

Hippie710
#4 Posted : 8/12/2018 6:27:35 PM

Psychonaut Extractor

Ive heard of a 5-MeO DMT retreat in South America. Make sure thats not what your doing your first time haha. Jamie is right about what he said regarding intensity of Aya vs DMT, and obviously DMT freebase doesn't last as long making it better for your first trip with it. Your plan sounds fun though, best of luck! Smile

Jees
#5 Posted : 8/12/2018 7:58:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Qweleb wrote:
... but shorter lived, experience of smoking DMT rather than drinking ayahuasca...

That 10 minutes can on occasion be felt like eons, you even might be heavily convinced to never getting out. These things happen, not always of course but it illustrates the relativity of comparing time frames sober vs in-there.

the_Architect
#6 Posted : 8/12/2018 11:35:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you could use some extra reading, identifying the differences between Ayahuasca, DMT and 5Meo or Bufo Alvarius.
Also, when it comes to shamans, they never use the word "drug" to refer to these "medicines" or "sacraments", or "blessings"...

In case you realize it was 5Meo what you where looking for, you should know you can find it legally in some countries in Europe too.
And if you ask me, unlike Ayahuasca, with Bufo there isn´t a 5.000 year old hermetic tradition of shamanism, so, no such big difference between a local brownskin shaman and a gringo shaman...

Goodluck!
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

Running Bear
#7 Posted : 8/13/2018 12:37:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I actually went to a shaman in the states. You don't have to fly to the jungle to experience these things. My experience was just as meaningful and better yet hocus pocus free. Everything you need to know about extracting freebase dmt is on the nexus. Personally I don't trust other people when it comes to dosage or what they're giving me. Be careful and do your homework..

Running Bear
#8 Posted : 8/13/2018 1:20:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't let me stop you from going though. It might be a cool adventure Thumbs up...

jamie
#9 Posted : 8/13/2018 2:47:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"with Bufo there isn´t a 5.000 year old hermetic tradition of shamanism"

To be fair, there is no such thing as a hermetic tradition of shamanism, outside of modern ecclectic mixing of cultures and ideas.
Long live the unwoke.

Loveall
#10 Posted : 8/13/2018 3:52:41 AM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

While maybe it did not survive to moder times like other shamanic traditions around the world, it is likely that there was an hermetic shamanic tradition. Details in the link below,

https://en.m.wikipedia.o...iki/Eleusinian_Mysteries

If anyone wants to prove me wrong, and the secretive tradition still exists, up of for a trip to Greece. Wink

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

the_Architect
#11 Posted : 8/13/2018 9:09:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To Jamie: Ok, maybe my argument wasn´t wevy well posited, it is hard to imagine a 5000 year old hermetic tradition in cultures where they don´t even have writing, although not impossible.

What I meant was that Ayahuasca is a very old plant, in the other hand, Bufo it is not (maybe 30 years old, I remember having seen something from a Hamilton documentary on Vice, with him interviewing some pixelated/annonymous italo-american guy).

Something I noticed: where I am from you can go to retreats (legally, you can find them on FB) that offer Aya, Bufo, Kambo and some other stuff. The people that go there sometimes have very little idea and they think the Bufo is also a very ancient medicine (it is not).
There are evident geographical inconsistencies, Aya grows in the jungle, if a shaman comes from the jungle, ha can´t possibly have access to this toad medicine that comes from the "Sonora" mexican desert, a complete different weather and location... least having worked with these medicine for more than 5 generations in his family.

...I know nexians already know these, but believe me, it´s striking to see how little research time some people have dedicated, before taking a high dose of a medicine that´s equivalent to put your finger in the outlet for 15 mins.
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna