We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hamilton's Pharmacopeia Tek Options

pirateb0b
#1 Posted : 8/11/2018 9:56:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Did anyone see the Mexican couple's Tek in Hamilton's Pharmacopeia s02e01?

Here's what I could gather:

1. Qty 1Kg NaOH added to 1.4L of water. Stir and wait 20 mins for NaOH to dissolve
2. Add 1Kg (?) of powdered MHRB
3. Stir and mix well. Should have the appearance of 'rising bread' (vice soup)
4. Cover with naptha and hexane mixture solvent and stir for 2 hours
5. Decant NPS, filter through lab paper in a sieve into glass container.
6. Place under heat lamps to evaporate some NPS.
7. Freeze precipitate for 24h.
8. Pour NPS through lab paper to collect crystals and/or scrap it off the container.
9. Yield around an ounce of fine yellow crystals.

I guess the advantage is less liquid to deal with, simple, and no risk of pesky emulsions or multiple pulls. Can anyone think of the downfalls of this tek? Will it work for ACRB?

Interesting, I note that in s02e07 during MDMA synthesis, the chemist removed an emulsion using vibrating 'dilding apparatus'. Anyone bought a dildo to try this?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

pete666
#2 Posted : 8/11/2018 11:08:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Usually suggested amount for 1kg of MHRB is 15l of water for STB. And even more if dried powder is used.
I use this 1:15 ratio and it works, no emulsions at all.
So you are asking whether to go with 1:1 ratio? Interesting. I would like to know whether you get at least 90% of the solvent out of the mix. I bet no, but it would be interesting to try it. If you decide to do it, please don't put there more than 50-100g of MHRB, because it is highly likely you will get into problems and won't be able to get the solvent out even partially.

pirateb0b wrote:
Interesting, I note that in s02e07 during MDMA synthesis, the chemist removed an emulsion using vibrating 'dilding apparatus'. Anyone bought a dildo to try this?

I used few mobile phones vibrating attached to the vessel. But belive me, it is much better to avoid emulsion than to get rid of it!
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

pirateb0b
#3 Posted : 8/11/2018 12:14:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well it appeared like the water was mostly absorbed by the MHRB, hence the 'rising bread' appearance.

To cover the basified 'bread' completely in NPS, it looks like they used far more solvent than the initial water amount. Multiple pulls were not shown, assuming only a single pull was done. Maybe that's all they needed since they used so much solvent.

I like it because a 15L sep funnel alternative isn't required.

(Edit: to original TEK, 1.4L of water not 1L)

pete666
#4 Posted : 8/11/2018 1:26:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would never use sep. funnel (which I have) for STB. As far as I know, it can just cause problems.
Separation is very easily done by 50-100ml glass pipette with rubber bulb.
For 1kg MHRB (I believe it is for personal use) you need about 20l volume vessel if you wanted to do it with one extration. If I did such amount, I would split it into two initial extractions with 2x5l bottles, joined the result and process it (re-x,..) together. Handling 5l bottles is a pleasure Smile
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

pirateb0b
#5 Posted : 8/11/2018 2:46:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, they actually had 4x buckets (and 4 bags) of however much MRHB is in the first picture. My guess was this was 1kg bag (for a total of 4kg).

The second picture is the basified 'bread'

The third picture shows the amount of NPS.
pirateb0b attached the following image(s):
HP.png (2,059kb) downloaded 351 time(s).
hp2.png (2,391kb) downloaded 349 time(s).
solvent level.png (986kb) downloaded 349 time(s).

Loveall
#6 Posted : 8/11/2018 3:39:52 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

pete666 wrote:
I would never use sep. funnel (which I have) for STB. As far as I know, it can just cause problems.

Here is a theread where, once upon a time, a fine young man discussed this with another nexian of some renoun.

Love

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

pete666
#7 Posted : 8/11/2018 4:28:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
pete666 wrote:

Here is a theread where, once upon a time, a fine young man discussed this with another nexian of some renoun.

Love

Well, this is a serious issue. I would never filter basic soup, in fact I would never let it out of the vessel. This can potentially cause a disaster. The TEK has to be safe, at least for me. But I suggest to stay safe for everyone.

pirateb0b
#8 Posted : 8/12/2018 2:02:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Here is the NPS decant and filter.
pirateb0b attached the following image(s):
decant NPS.png (1,852kb) downloaded 315 time(s).
filter NPS.png (1,725kb) downloaded 314 time(s).

Loveall
#9 Posted : 8/12/2018 2:09:28 AM

❤️‍🔥

I've filtered basic solutions many times without issue, especially when working with harmalas. Of course everyone learn about what they are doing and follow the precautions when handling bases.

pete666
#10 Posted : 8/12/2018 6:55:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't imagine me doing such things pictured above in my kitchen and accepting the risk. I prefer clean procedure with minimum risk. Everything is enclosed in the vessel from the beginning till the end.

But surely, as far as one is aware of the dangers and is accepting them, no problem. There are many ways how to get to the gold.

SnozzleBerry
#11 Posted : 8/12/2018 12:40:14 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I don't watch Hamilton, so I had no clue this was the kind of stuff they were doing on there. That said, I can't say I'm totally surprised to see them presenting this bloated monstronsity of an approach. But I still feel like I have to ask...

Are they serious? Wut?

This is pretty silly, imo...not really a good look...and certainly not an approach I'd waste my time with Laughing

Why stick with 4 buckets when you could do 16? Why 16 when you could use 32? More is better...right?

All this for a kilo of bark? Surprised

I mean, I know Hamilton's approach generally leaves a lot to be desired (as does his opinion on Krystal Cole) but this presents new lows, imo.

The total footprint of this type of extraction should be a fraction of what I see presented here.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

pirateb0b
#12 Posted : 8/12/2018 1:00:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

pete666, I get that you believe there to be a caustic soda risk, fair enough - but just don't fall in the buckets. I have personally had a maskeshift sep funnel aggressively give way on me while I was holding it.

SnozzleBerry, specifically, what's your issue with the TEK?

Hamilton went to mexico and filmed a couple carrying out their own technique on 4 massive bags of MHRB. He did not influence the method.

SnozzleBerry
#13 Posted : 8/12/2018 5:45:51 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

My issue is actually kind of similar to him running footage of the DMT synthesis rather than, say, marsofold's tek or similar.

The information seems almost the equivalent of tabloid journalism (although perhaps I'm not situated well enough on this issue to comment). I know that sounds strong, but hear me out.

Even to the well-informed folks in this niche community, a one-pot DMT synth (I think that's what happened? I didn't watch, so I just heard murmurings) isn't of relevance. Really, no DMT synth is relevant to psychedelic communities. Again, kind of a cool curiosity, but I think it's literally less informative and useful for information dissemination and HR purposes than focusing on extraction. It feels a tad pretentious, to me...but I wouldn't claim to know Hamilton's intentions.

And this extraction fits that same mold. Just from the pictures I'm seeing, this approach doesn't make sense to propagate footage of. When you have a platform, especially one as large as vice, it is on you to think these things through and recognize that you are amplifying the things you choose to put on your channel and that, in-turn, affects people's perspectives. Imo, hamhurricane has never understood that.

I just don't see the relevance. As a cultural window, sure, maybe. And admittedly, I can't comment on this particular episode as I didn't watch. But the main reason I don't watch Hamilton is because I think his cultural commentaries tend to be pretty miserable. I think his dad has done some great work. But, it feels like Hamilton perpetually misses the mark, and in some pretty egregious ways, imo. The MDMA one was pretty great, but I've tried plenty of others (as well as his older works) and found them generally intolerable. But hey, that's just my perspective Wink
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Loveall
#14 Posted : 8/12/2018 5:52:40 PM

❤️‍🔥

I recommend watching the episode where DMT is synthesized. They talk about how easily the plants do it compared to us, and how we are so limited compared to them.

Showing someone who can synthesize DMT, yet does not get caught up in blind western science arrogance was very interesting. Usually you get one or the other: a scientists who does not appreciate plants, or a plant person who can't do the science.

I thought the message in the episode was beautiful.

SnozzleBerry
#15 Posted : 8/12/2018 7:38:26 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Loveall wrote:
I recommend watching the episode where DMT is synthesized. They talk about how easily the plants do it compared to us, and how we are so limited compared to them.

Showing someone who can synthesize DMT, yet does not get caught up in blind western science arrogance was very interesting. Usually you get one or the other: a scientists who does not appreciate plants, or a plant person who can't do the science.

I thought the message in the episode was beautiful.

Thanks for that suggestion and heartfelt review. I guess I have to check it out.

Love
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

dreamer042
#16 Posted : 8/12/2018 8:08:32 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

You should give the show a watch sometime Snozz. I went into not expecting much, being familiar with the previous online incarnation and just how uninformed Hamilton came across in those episodes, but I have to admit I have been pleasantly surprised by new series.

Understanding the context helps a lot here. He went to Mexico where the Jurema trees grow and talked to the farmers and the harvesters who were blissfully unaware of it's alkaloid content. When he finally found people that were familiar with the alkaloids, they let him film their process and that's what you see above.

It's been fairly informative to watch Hamilton go around the world investigating these substances. I highly recommend the episode called "the lazy lizard school of hedonism" about the underground MDMA lab that supplied all the early psychotherapy explorations in the Bay.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

SnozzleBerry
#17 Posted : 8/12/2018 8:14:33 PM

omnia sunt communia!

dreamer042 wrote:
I highly recommend the episode called "the lazy lizard school of hedonism" about the underground MDMA lab that supplied all the early psychotherapy explorations in the Bay.

Yes, this is the one I watched and quite enjoyed. I think I watched the mushroom one after this and my expectations came plummeting back to earth?

However, with multiple people here telling me I should watch, especially when I know you've had similar expectations and experiences, I see I must now "put up or shut up."

Y'all win...I'll check it out Wink

Sorry to derail the thread (been a while since I did forum interactions, my sincere apologies). That said, given the context dreamer provided, I stand by my assertion that the OP should literally pursue any other tek. Or, more ideally, should forget the idea of teks and instead...

Read this.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

dreamer042
#18 Posted : 8/12/2018 8:24:01 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Quote:
Or, more ideally, should forget the idea of teks and instead...

Read this.

I wholeheartedly and emphatically second this suggestion. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca