We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What is the connection between DMT and khechari Mudra Options

HeavensChampion
#1 Posted : 7/21/2018 3:22:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been taking DMT for a few years, on and off. I have also been studying Yoga. My intuition indicates that DMT and the place Yogis arrive when they master and perform the Khechari Mudra (tongue-swallow technique) are either one and the same or very similar. I have not mastered Khechari Mudra but have been attempting it for years.

Has anyone here ever performed Khechari Mudra, or is able to give me some insight on what happens once you perform Khechari Mudra. Is it similar to the DMT experience?

I feel a strong connection between Yoga and DMT. When I do about 30 minutes of Yoga prior to DMT, I get a fuller experience. I enter what I like to call the Buddha state. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Kable
#2 Posted : 7/22/2018 4:36:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I can't perform Khechari Mudra either but I imagine it depends on what yogi you are talking to. To me the experience of DMT sounds more like what you experience in Samadhi, brought about by dharana and dyhana, particularly the way Vivikenanda describes it. If any yoga told me they got there by Khehari Mudra I'd be skeptical.

FWIW, in the older book Hatha Yoga by Theos Bernard (which was very interesting) goes into detail on how he accomplished it, including cutting the tongue, milking it 20 minutes a day and pulling the soft palate forward with a bent spoon (ewww). He said he got there after 4 months of practice. He was also pretty frank that nothing supernatural happened. The only thing he noticed was when doing so he wasn't hungry or thirsty.

I feel the connection between Yoga and DMT too, like I think DMT reliably gets you where Yoga aims to one day get you. However, I think so few yogis reach samadhi, that you probably shouldn't just believe every one of them. In my experience DMT gets me there regardless (almost) of what I've done first.

HeavensChampion
#3 Posted : 8/12/2018 7:22:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting. I am a student of kriya, although I have not been very consistent in my practice. This year I will try to become more consistent in my practice to see what happens. I would like to reach Samadhi and compare it with DMT or use DMT right after reaching Samadhi. I am very curious to see what happens.

abrelosojos
#4 Posted : 11/6/2019 4:41:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Woow. I need your help and want to revive this thread.

Prior to this week my bare knowledge of yogic practices comes from some members of my family being devout practicioners of siddha yoga. And the little insights I have gained from them.

My past DMT experiences connect me with what I felt was a hand gesture that Im now sure it's a mudra . It just makes itself present in the experience. As a symbol. O had interpreted it as a middle finger. But this weekend on a changa/thc blindfolded experience. I felt the mudra telling me to breath thru my nose. Pushing the air and subsequently contracting my sphincter and lower muscles.

This jolted me into a prolonged pure bliss state full of awareness for more than 20 minutes. After some research I see that this breathing practice is known as reverse crane / vase breathing or Shakti chalana. And similar to kechari mudra or other yogic practices it brings us to higher States of consciousness.

DMT showed me this. I found myself after with self realization and felt the connection between the hand gesture and the liberation of one thru breathing.

Last few times I tried to break through I had thought the hand was a stop sign. Now I will be looking for it as a sign of deeper understanding.

Saludos

murpheous
#5 Posted : 12/19/2020 3:52:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I can achieve a fairly advanced stage of kechari mudra... so far I haven't gotten anything out of it. My tongue can _almost_ reach the apex of the nasal pharynx (like probably within 1mm... I can stroke the entire nasal septum). There has been one time that I thought I tasted the beginnings of a secretion but nothing has come of it thus far... certainly nothing like DMT yet.

Kumarajiva
#6 Posted : 12/19/2020 4:33:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Khechari alone is not enough.
Also there are two types of khechari, the one where you tongue tastes soma (when you shove it up ur throat) and the other one where tongue presses against upper palate.
The later one is to generate willpower.

Khechari should be practiced along with ujjayi breath and mula bandha, particularly pulling up kundalini from muladhara towards vishuddhi.
This is a type of pranayama which when done properly generates pleasant tickling in thyroid (1/3 orgasm kind of, similar to sneezing but prolonged)

Practicing this for a while allows you to anchor kundalini in vishuddhi and after this has been achieved you switch focus to ajna. Attain this and you will have no further questions about how and why.

Also, dont aim for tongue into your throat. Tasting soma is primarily for hibernation and exploration of mind realms while body metabolism slows down to nearly zero.

They used to clog all orifices with wax and burry the yogi alife after they attain the tongue drinking soma. I advise to focus on the other type. Just generate willpower and pull kundalini upwards.

Hibernation is the dead end.

P.S.
As with all yogic practices, approaching it as a physical exercise (i.e. sticking tongue into throat and waiting for something to happen) will yield zilch.
You need a mental component into it and this is where raja yoga/buddhism comes into play. You need theory for it to work properly, otherwise its all just pointless exersize.
Gate Gate Pāragate Pārasaṃgate Bodhi Svāhā