We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Twitching/muscle spasms Options

concombres
#1 Posted : 4/25/2017 3:29:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does your doctor know what your occupation is? If you think you may have neurological damage from solvent inhalation, you could always tell him you are a painter & you work with chemicals like paint & varnish thinners, TSP, xylene, etc. Regularly & you are concerned you may have some damage from exposure.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 4/25/2017 4:59:31 AM

Come what may

Try a masseuse or chiropractor. Also eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Drink lots of water. Natural remedies can work wonders. Just a change in diet can make a world of difference. Carrots are great for the eyeballs. Shocked
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Simply_Me
#3 Posted : 6/23/2018 10:40:45 PM

Live the Life you Love

First things first, always. Most common cause for spasms, twitching is an electrolyte deficiency particularly one of these three: Magnesium, Potassium, or Calcium. (could be sodium but usually never a problem unless it is too much). Also dehydration could be at fault so start with drinking more water period. Not juice, not soda, not coffee, not beer, actually water, as a matter of fact include a juiced 1/2 lemon in each pint of water.

Do you eat too many processed foods? out to too many restaurants? Knock it off for a while.

Take this as seriously as you would an extraction.

To restore hydration and electrolytes, eat and drink these: Coconut water, Celery, Watermelon, Cucumber, Kiwi, Bell peppers, Citrus, Carrots, Pineapple.

Your doctor can test your electrolytes or you can just get with it.
I realize that no one book, one person, or even one ideology will have all the answers. I believe my job is to remain open yet discriminating. My intuition helps me discern truth, and wisdom helps me identify malicious intentions.

tango
#4 Posted : 8/10/2018 7:08:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Amphetamines will make you twitch, but I wouldn't worry too much about what started it. The spasms are not the disease,but the cure -part of a healing mechanism.

For a long time now my approach has been to relax into the spasms and let the body do whatever it is that needs to be done. So far, it has benefited me greatly.

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 8/10/2018 7:52:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Simply_Me wrote:
First things first, always. Most common cause for spasms, twitching is an electrolyte deficiency particularly one of these three: Magnesium, Potassium, or Calcium. (could be sodium but usually never a problem unless it is too much). Also dehydration could be at fault so start with drinking more water period. Not juice, not soda, not coffee, not beer, actually water, as a matter of fact include a juiced 1/2 lemon in each pint of water.

Do you eat too many processed foods? out to too many restaurants? Knock it off for a while.

Take this as seriously as you would an extraction.

To restore hydration and electrolytes, eat and drink these: Coconut water, Celery, Watermelon, Cucumber, Kiwi, Bell peppers, Citrus, Carrots, Pineapple.

And bananas.

antares
#6 Posted : 8/10/2018 8:20:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't mean to frighten you but twitching and spasms might be a sign of an underlying illness completely unrelated to your use of medication and DMT. It falls outside the area of expertise of most general practitioners. I would insist on being referred to a neurologist if I were in your position.

EDIT
Sorry for a slightly irrelevant post. I didn't see the date of the original post when I replied. I hope everything worked out well for the original poster.