We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
extracting, quality and trip Options

sufinaut
#1 Posted : 8/10/2018 8:53:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Through experiment and experience I have noted differences in smoking, vaping, consuming. In the action's effect, the onset, and the plateau of trip with various herbs and herb blends.

Do the extraction methods produce a different quality of crystal? Does that affect the intake? Does the intake method affect the action, onset and plateau of the trip?

Can you mix steps from different extraction methods?

There is the D-Limonene extraction, has anyone used pure orange essential oil in place of the D-Limonene?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

atomu235
#2 Posted : 8/10/2018 12:13:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can get significantly different extracts depending on the tek you use.

I found that using a non-specific solvent like toluene gets the most diversity of alkaloids out of plant material. Also the material you start with makes a big difference (MHRB/Acacia etc). NMT content can significantly affect you journey as well (can make it more intense emotionally, less visual etc). NMT is highly psychedelic contrary to what most ppl think, especially in a mix with DMT. Some Acacia species have a lot of NMT.

I once had a toluene extract that looked regular 'run of the mill' but was simply out of this world. Extreme jungle experience. I still don't know why...

Hexane/heptane for example tends to draw out more pure DMT from solution leaving a lot of diverse plant matter behind.

I stay away from Naphtha as what it consists of can vary by the region or even OEM.

Changa mixes with Caapi or Passion Flower can enhance the journey as well as they contain MAOI. And so on...

Since DMT is illegal pretty much anywhere there are a lot of unanswered questions. You can experiment a lot with your extraction methods and may come across something unique :-)

You would need to narrow down you question in order to touch down on any details.
Be inquisitive and always question things...

sufinaut
#3 Posted : 8/10/2018 8:15:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have the supplies for a d-limonene/vinegar and a naptha/caustic soda extract as well a fine range of herbs for changa and ayahuasca.

Could you mix in a salting step to a d-limonene extraction?

atomu235
#4 Posted : 8/10/2018 9:06:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm guessing you mean acidifying by salting? By acidifying you will create DMT salt (which salt depends on the acid used).

DMT salt is soluble in water, DMT freebase in organic solvents (for example d-Limonene). Fact check me nonetheless.

I haven't really looked up any techniques using d-Limonene tbh. I strongly prefer high purity solvent extraction (reasonably easy to get on ebay, much greater yield and equal purity when performed proficiently).

Ps. Look up the FAQ. It's a treasure trove.

sufinaut
#5 Posted : 8/11/2018 9:11:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was looking at multiple extraction methods and saw CYBs hybrid atb salt tek, i liked the inclusion of the water/vinegar salt solution to prompt osmosis:

"The object of the salt is to potentiate or amplify the ionic strength of the Basic (Alkaline) mixture, therefore more 'clumps' of molecule will migrate to the Solvent."
CYB - https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=36239

Q21Q21's Vinegar/Lime A/B Extraction Tek
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m.../Lime_A/B_Extraction_Tek

D-Limonene and vinegar "full spectrum" DMT extraction
https://psychonautwiki.o...ectrum%22_DMT_extraction

atomu235
#6 Posted : 8/11/2018 2:24:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salting in this case is just adding NaCl. Ok, that makes much more sense.

Yes, salt in the water phase will increase DMT freebase solubility in an organic solvent. It may also prevent foaming and will rip cells apart releasing more DMT.

Adding salt is unnecessary when using Toluene and filtering (my preferred solvent). It should benefit the extraction using d-Limonene.

sufinaut
#7 Posted : 8/11/2018 8:40:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychotria Viridis (leaves)
Aka: Chacruna, Sami Ruca
Actives: 0.1 - 0.6% DMT, MMT, MTHC

Mimosa Hostilis (root bark)
Aka: MHRB, Jurema Preta
Actives: 2.0% DMT

Diplopterys Cabrerana (leaves)
Aka: Chaliponga
Actives: 1.7% DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, 5-HO-DMT

Acacia Confusa (root and bark)
Aka: ACRB, Formosahuasca, Chinahuasca, Asian ayahuasca
Actives: 1.4% DMT, 1.2% NMT

Has anyone ever used other sources of DMT? What about cold water extraction of Mimosa?