We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Re-x question. Two products after re-x. Options

Moleculemadness
#1 Posted : 8/1/2018 11:09:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I've heard after a re-x, you will have the more pure crystals dissolved in the solvent, which you can evaporate or freeze precipitate. But here's where I'm uncertain. The impurities that are left undesolved, can be dried and turned into a powder as well. So Instead a mimosa extraction, after re-x you have your pure crystals, and the left over alkaloids that were sperated during the re-x. Are these alkaloids worth drying out and keeping to use? Why or why not? I've looked everywhere and haven't found a solid answer. Thanks everyone.
I sometimes wonder what a person born blind dreams about. Without the limitation of what's in front of you, the possibilities for creative insight are infinite.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Questfinder
#2 Posted : 8/7/2018 7:33:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

An interesting question, but I think you are slightly confused.

Re-x = recrystallise. This is usually a purification step in itself. And as far as I'm aware there aren't really any other alkaloids pulled from mimosa using the methods we do on here, the high nn-DMT content and low plant fats/oils is also the reason why it is the popular choice of starting material.

If you were to evaporate the solvent left behid after a freeze precipitation you would most likely be left with a very small amount of DMT that failed to precipitate in the freezer, some plant fats/oils and possibly some basic soup brought over.

The presence of any other alkaloids besides DMT would be so miniscule as to be unnoticable.

Moleculemadness
#3 Posted : 8/10/2018 5:43:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I have heard, when using naptha for a re-x, when you warm the solvent and dissolve the original extraction. The dmt will dissolve but there is like a yellow sludge that sinks to the bottom and does not dissolve. So you pull the naptha to freeze precipitate for your more pure product. BUT! if you evaporate the naptha from the left over sludge and let it sit for a week or so it dries out and can actually turn it to a fluffy powder. So my question is, that sludge, which is the "impurities" from your first pull, is still very psychedelic. Is that just traces of dmt that didn't dissolve or is it it's own substance? Many people claim that doing a re-x makes the experience "less colorful". So is it worth keeping and using. Is it safe to use. With 200g. Mimosa, let's say you extract 3.5g. you do a re-x with that 3.5g and end up with 1.5g more pure. But the other 2 grams feel to the bottom as a sludge. Undissolved in the naptha, dried out and not sure what to do with it.
I sometimes wonder what a person born blind dreams about. Without the limitation of what's in front of you, the possibilities for creative insight are infinite.

pete666
#4 Posted : 8/10/2018 6:37:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When I re-x, I take what I have and I dissolve it in hot heptane (20-30ml/g). Then I let it cool down in the same beaker to room temperature, the heptane clears losing almost all the yellow and leaving it in the beaker. Then I pour it off to another beaker and put it in the freezer giving white result
Then I reuse less heptane for the rest and repeat few times, always using less heptane. Purity of the result is given by temperature of heptane when I pour it off the beaker.
Finally I have just the yellow residue. I let it dry slowly at room temperature, over few days, breaking it up by knife twice a day. The result is yellow powder, slightly waxy. Bud believe me, it is still very strong! I belive there is >90% of dmt. I don't think there is anything else in significant ammounts.
I am not smoking it, but people say the white one is much smoother for this ROA. Yellow is harsh.
I am a plugger (rectal ROA), so I am converting both fractions to fumarate and yellow fumarate is beautiful. White as well of course Smile
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

Moleculemadness
#5 Posted : 8/10/2018 6:43:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay that answers my question. So the first re-x left the oils in the bottom. They dried out and turned to powder and thought a re-x of the dried oils would maybe produce more crystals. Used room temp naptha and most of it dissolved leaving a very small amount of oils left on the bottom so he figured it was going to work but after evaporation he was just left with oil again and has to wait for it to dry out again. I've searched everywhere about the left over oils and couldn't find anything anywhere. So would it be smart to make changa with the oils?

pete666
#6 Posted : 8/10/2018 7:27:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The subsequent re-x has to use less solvent. Can be 1/2 to 1/5 of the amount used for previous re-x. Dissolve everything and wait to cool down so it has the color you wish. Then pour off and freeze. If the result is oily, too much solvent has been used, can be done again.
I use toluene for initial extraction and use everything. If more selective naptha is used, you should use everything that goes through. If you don't mind the taste.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

Moleculemadness
#7 Posted : 8/10/2018 8:22:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you misunderstand. The end product is absolutely high quality. But it just doesn't feel right to toss those oils from the re-x. So I thought re disloving then in naptha and doing evap might do something, but it doesn't. I'm still unsure what to do with it. After this thread changa seems appropriate.

pete666
#8 Posted : 8/10/2018 11:31:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No, I believe I do understand.
When I talk about subsequent re-x I mean re-x of oily residue after first re-x.
Please read my prev post again with this in mind...does it make sense?
If not willing to get as much white dmt as possible (with subsequent re-x(s)) or already not worth it, just take the yellow residue and handle it like colored dmt.
Sorry, typing on a mobile so concise

pete666
#9 Posted : 8/10/2018 11:33:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is likely very litle oil in the residue, especially when able to dry to powder.

Moleculemadness
#10 Posted : 8/27/2018 9:24:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay. I haven't been in here for a while now. I misread the first time. Okay that's really good to know. If I read carefully the first time I could have saved myself a little product. But oh well. Live and learn. For a guy that has never done it before I feel I got it to a solid science at this point. I ended up tossing the oily residue. In my re-x after it all dissolved and all I was left with was the oils. There were just like three or four super tiny little black specs. Likely it was just something that fell into it during the whole process but it crossed my mind that it could be particles from the base solution. I was very careful on my extractions but didn't want to risk anything.

It's pretty awesome. I have a lot of friends that haven't tried dmt. And a lot of friends that have but never blasted off. I bought a oil rig with the bucket style... Whatever you want to call it... Burner? Anyway it is honestly the way to go. Not one misfire and very efficient. Anyway it's kinda cool giving people the chance to experience that. Every time they come back I get a thank you, a hug or high five or some form of appreciation. I love that there is something that can give people such a profound moment. Possibly life changing. It's just incredible.

blue.magic
#11 Posted : 8/27/2018 10:08:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I usually dissolve the product in a tiny amount of warm heptane, and submerge the container in hot water while mixing. Then carefully decant the solvent - it will instantly become milky.

Then I repeat the washing and decanting procedure several more times until the solvent is clear.

The collected solvent is the freezed but >90% of the crystals will precipitate at room temperature.

The residue can be smoked/vaporized and gives somewhat different results than pure DMT. If only a single washing is done, then the residue is very strong.