We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Curing stuttering - Acetyl L-Carnitine + Lion's Mane + Cubensis microdose Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 8/7/2018 2:41:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello friends,

I've been battling stuttering my entire life, and it's been a sometimes impassable obstacle in my daily life. It's prevented me from speaking to women I've liked a lot. It has made my life a nightmare during presentations at work/university. It's been a massively unpleasant feature in the social aspect of my life. But maybe there is a way.

Some time ago I watched Paul Stamets guesting at Joe Rogan's podcast, and I heard his story of how he cured his stuttering. I know it's his case, and it might not work for me, but I must try.

Psilocybin has been proven over and over again at promoting the growth of new and rejuvenation of old/damaged neural pathways in the brain. I am thinking of microdosing cubensis, but also I want to include in the package the topic of this post.

According to THIS study, acetyl l-carnitine can promote NGF (nerve growth factor). Just like psilocybin mushrooms, Lion's Mane has been proven to promote new nerve growth and rejuvenation of old/damaged ones.

So the powerhouse of nerve growth supplementation that's going on in my head is:
1 - microdosing psilocybe cubensis
2 - 1000mg of Lion's Mane extract daily
3 - 250mg of Acetyl L-Carnitine daily
[EDIT::] I decided to throw in vitamin B12 in the mix as well, as it promotes remyelination as well.

Those four, in theory, should boost the nerve growth in my brain tremendously, and stuttering is known to be a result of damaged neural pathways in the brain, so this should help a lot.

Please let me know your thoughts. I know a lot of people have looked into supplementing Lion's Mane, but I want to hear specifically the opinions of Cosmic Lion, soul-explorer and Loveall.

Be well, friends. Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

_Arcane_
#2 Posted : 8/7/2018 7:04:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have no useful information on this one Nydex, but I sincerely hope this works for you and will watch this thread hoping you get positive results.
LamVamRamYamHamKshamOm

Jagube
#3 Posted : 8/7/2018 8:21:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you tried Salvia d.? There have been anecdotal reports of it improving stuttering.

soul-explorer
#4 Posted : 8/7/2018 10:27:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

related Log from Nexus Chat today:

17:57:34 ‹soul-explorer›i try to eat plenty of lions mane together with psilo shrooms
17:57:40 ‹CosmicLion›plus if it is off ebay, just gotta make sure it is a "store".... If its a person, blending powders, it may not be mixed evenly
17:57:45 ‹soul-explorer›maybe should add Niacin to that according to Stamets
17:57:49 ‹CosmicLion›unless htey have like a $1,000 powder blender
17:58:00 ‹CosmicLion›soul-explorer yea ive been thinking about that Niacin
17:58:02 ‹alkan0id›ok i will just get them individually then
17:58:13 ‹CosmicLion›alkan0id its ultimaitely cheaper to do that, too
17:58:15 ‹alkan0id›i thought the added niacin was for ppl with neuropathy
17:58:15 ‹soul-explorer›Stamets may be a evil patent guy but seems to know his stuff lol
17:58:50 ‹CosmicLion›i mean it depends though... that "blend" may contain "60 doses" worth of powder... but it may not have the active dose of many of them... So when you are buying bulk powders, and you take the full dose, it might be MORE expensive
17:58:51 ‹soul-explorer›lets take him down and use his science to improve ourselves
17:59:03 ‹CosmicLion›even though, if you bought the bulk powders, and took the same dose as in the "blend" it would be cheaper
17:59:37 ‹soul-explorer›CosmicLion, you think psilocybin+lions mane+Niacin will be superior to harmine?
17:59:39 ‹alkan0id›also i want to focus on the brain/mood ones
18:00:26 ‹CosmicLion›soul-explorer not in the least... Harmine has a HUGE rangle of multiple types of mechanisms-of-action on the body, against a HUGE range of cancers + neurological disorders
18:00:42 ‹CosmicLion›Harmine is absolutely more "medicinal"
18:01:01 ‹soul-explorer›im not using it against cancers though
18:01:05 ‹soul-explorer›i hope
18:01:09 ‹CosmicLion›but in terms of raw mental performance increase.... aside from medicinal... who knows, i bet the PsiloManeAcin is fantastic
18:01:22 ‹alkan0id›what about
18:01:29 ‹alkan0id›psilomaneacin PLUS harmalas
18:01:33 ‹CosmicLion›the PsiloManeAcin would be good to take wITH harmine
18:01:34 ‹alkan0id›<twerkingbanana.gif>
18:01:34 ‹CosmicLion›LOL
18:01:36 ‹CosmicLion›exactly
18:01:36 ‹soul-explorer›more like fixing my neural networks, re-framing anxiety etc
18:01:48 ‹alkan0id›#lionalkmindlink
18:02:03 ‹CosmicLion›soul-explorer harmine physically stops anxiety... physically reduces the levels of cortitol in the body that causes anxiety
18:02:05 ‹CosmicLion›but
18:02:18 ‹CosmicLion›psilocybin microdoses have been shown to work wonders on anxiety + PTSD too, just from a different mechanism
18:02:34 ‹CosmicLion›Harmine also stimulates BDNF, like Lions Man
18:02:46 ‹CosmicLion›I couldn't say at all which one is "better"
18:02:56 ‹CosmicLion›i suppose it depends on the individual reaction
18:03:10 ‹CosmicLion›but IMO.... I would take all of it... Harmine, Psilo, Lions Mane, Niacin
18:03:13 ‹soul-explorer›my social anxiety is reduced massively on like 200mcg psilo shrooms
18:03:32 ‹CosmicLion›indeed
18:03:41 ‹soul-explorer›and maybe in this state lions mane/harmine can help to make those states more permanent?
18:03:46 ‹CosmicLion›it does miracles for social anxiety and general anxiety
18:03:57 ‹soul-explorer›since its kind of perceiving reality as less scary, less need to be afraid
18:04:04 ‹soul-explorer›more objectively maybe
18:04:09 ‹CosmicLion›soul-explorer absolutely... IMO that is one of the key benefits to adding BDNF agents to psychedelics... it increases the lasting benefit
18:04:24 ‹CosmicLion›and the recent study from UC Davis Olson Lab proved that
18:04:51 ‹soul-explorer›maybe i should add harmala microdose, or extract harmine for it
18:04:55 ‹CosmicLion›they showed the pictures of neurons of mice with no genetically removed BDNF given psycedelics, barely any new neuron growth
18:05:04 ‹CosmicLion›but BDNF + psychedelic = huge neuron growth + outreach brancing
18:05:07 ‹CosmicLion›branching
18:05:24 ‹soul-explorer›just had some weird heart rythm thing going on that i suspected harmalas to be related, but could be anything
18:05:31 ‹CosmicLion›ESPECIALLY if you are mixing thing, i would definitely go for pure harmine
18:05:36 ‹soul-explorer›could be psychosomatic
18:05:43 ‹CosmicLion›harmaline just increases side effects overall
18:05:47 ‹CosmicLion›so harmine is the way to go
18:05:52 ‹CosmicLion›plus harmine is the one all the studies are on

#5 Posted : 8/8/2018 8:24:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex,

I do not stutter. One of my friends discovered, that he is never stuttering while singing. He played a bit with it and the solution is nifty: Even if he just *thinks about* singing the next sentence he wants to say, this effect takes place.

no idea if this is going to work for you and maybe you have to explore it a bit by yourself. it is definitly worth a shot.

Nydex
#6 Posted : 8/8/2018 12:18:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Arcane_ wrote:
I have no useful information on this one Nydex, but I sincerely hope this works for you and will watch this thread hoping you get positive results.

Thank you brother. I hope so too, as I really want to overcome this.

Jagube wrote:
Have you tried Salvia d.? There have been anecdotal reports of it improving stuttering.

My plants are still growing, but are not ready for harvesting. Once they do, I will definitely experiment with it, since I've only smoked plain leaf twice and it wasn't a pleasant effect, especially on my throat/lungs.

Can you link me the reports that claim salvia d. helped with stuttering?

332211 wrote:

Nydex,

I do not stutter. One of my friends discovered, that he is never stuttering while singing. He played a bit with it and the solution is nifty: Even if he just *thinks about* singing the next sentence he wants to say, this effect takes place.

no idea if this is going to work for you and maybe you have to explore it a bit by yourself. it is definitely worth a shot.

Hey man, thanks for sharing this. I know for a fact that I do not stutter while singing, and I barely stutter while speaking to animals or inanimate objects (and most of the time when I'm speaking to myself). I haven't tried forcing the thought of singing every thing I say to see how it affects my speech though. Will definitely try doing that. Thanks a bunch!

soul-explorer and Cosmic Lion - massive thanks for giving your ideas and insights!

So the ultimate, explosive nerve growth boost combo that I can use turns out to be:
1 - psilocybin microdosing
2 - Lion's Mane extract
3 - Vitamin B12
4 - Acetyl L-Carnitine
5 - Niacin
6 - Harmine

I'm super excited. I really hope it works for me, as I work in a quite stressful multi-cultural corporate environment and the more stress - the bigger the chance I stutter. It's a nightmare sometimes when I have to be on a call with a client.

Wish me luck, friends. I will update this thread with any new findings/results if/when I have them.

Love you all. Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Jagube
#7 Posted : 8/8/2018 3:33:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
My plants are still growing, but are not ready for harvesting. Once they do, I will definitely experiment with it, since I've only smoked plain leaf twice and it wasn't a pleasant effect, especially on my throat/lungs.

Back in the day (some 10 years ago?) there were many videos on Youtube showing people smoking salvia extracts. It was criticized as irresponsible and blamed for the wave of salvia bans across the world. Also Youtube banned and deleted those videos. But I remember comments claiming that salvia had improved stuttering. One comment claimed someone stopped stuttering after smoking it daily for 3 months.

Personally, I also have a stutter and when I'm under the influence of Salvia, it eases or disappears completely, depending on dosage. It doesn't feel like a secondary effect to relaxation or a decrease in anxiety, but an independent thing; like the usual blockage is suddenly and magically lifted, only to return after the effects wear off. I may have experienced it with smoked extracts while they were available (it was long ago, so my memory is faint), but definitely experienced it later on with quidded leaves from my home-grown plant.

I don't use salvia often and never have, probably the main reasons being that chewing it is a bit of a hassle, and I don't have a live plant these days and have little material left from when I did.

Hope this somehow helps. I'be interested to hear about your experience with regard to salvia and stuttering when you get around to it.

Nydex
#8 Posted : 8/8/2018 5:20:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
Nydex wrote:

Back in the day (some 10 years ago?) there were many videos on Youtube showing people smoking salvia extracts. It was criticized as irresponsible and blamed for the wave of salvia bans across the world. Also Youtube banned and deleted those videos. But I remember comments claiming that salvia had improved stuttering. One comment claimed someone stopped stuttering after smoking it daily for 3 months.

Personally, I also have a stutter and when I'm under the influence of Salvia, it eases or disappears completely, depending on dosage. It doesn't feel like a secondary effect to relaxation or a decrease in anxiety, but an independent thing; like the usual blockage is suddenly and magically lifted, only to return after the effects wear off. I may have experienced it with smoked extracts while they were available (it was long ago, so my memory is faint), but definitely experienced it later on with quidded leaves from my home-grown plant.

I don't use salvia often and never have, probably the main reasons being that chewing it is a bit of a hassle, and I don't have a live plant these days and have little material left from when I did.

Hope this somehow helps. I'be interested to hear about your experience with regard to salvia and stuttering when you get around to it.

Ah yes, I remember those videos...especially the one where the dude that smoked extract jumped up from his couch and proceeded to smash through the window of his house flying outwards...No idea how much of that was real, and how much staged, but it was scary and a very sound reason for banning such videos and the popularization of salvia divinorum as a dangerous substance.

Never actually noticed the stuttering comments though, so there's that. I doubt I'll be quidding leaves given how ineffective this method often proves. Zebbie made THIS post and his method seems interesting, so I might do it that way. Will decide upon it when the time is ripe.

I will share any progress with you all here of course. Btw, is your stutter severe, moderate, mild or variable? I know the pain and I hope that my experiment will prove effective and in turn work for you as well!

Be well. Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Jagube
#9 Posted : 8/8/2018 6:16:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
I will share any progress with you all here of course. Btw, is your stutter severe, moderate, mild or variable?

It used to be very severe, now I'd describe it as moderate, but it's all relative.