We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Your honest feelings regarding Ketamine. Options

dreamer042
#41 Posted : 5/28/2013 2:05:27 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I had no idea what ketamine was when a friend showed up with that first vial of ketaset. I was 17, staying in a non-stop party house, taking copious amounts of everything we could collectively get our grubby little high-schooler mitts on. He showed us how to open it (not an easy task), how to cook it in the oven, and the wonders of the k-hole. We all quickly fell in love with with the little brown bottle and started taking all we could manage to get our hands on.

We combined it with everything, we knew nothing about it, and had no idea what we were doing. It was pure recreation and while there was really no value in it, I did have some really profound experiences at that time and recognized how powerful this substance was. Life goes on and ketamine faded into memory as just another novel drug we had a lot of fun with.

Several years later when I got really heavy into the rave scene ketamine showed back up into my life. Lots more hedonism and combinations ensued and it was like rediscovering a long-lost love. At this point I was starting to discover the true depth and power of these compounds beyond partying and raving and I did a lot of combining with high dose psychedelics and had what I would consider quite valuable and healing experiences.

My relationship with ketamine had always been off and on, I only did it when partying and always with friends. Eventually I started working with it on my own in low doses and staying high on it all the time. That line between "oh I'll just do a little bump before I go out" and "I NEED to do a bump before I can get out of bed" is very thin. Luckily my spurt with that wasn't too terribly long and I don't think I caused any really serious damage from it's use. It's a very interesting compound, but also one of the most insidious. Definitely tread with caution.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

olympus mon
#42 Posted : 5/28/2013 8:56:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Tattvamasi wrote:
olympus mon wrote:
There was a time, about 15 years ago I used Ketamine but never liked it without another substance. I got a lot out of Ketamine that's for sure but when I stopped using Pressed pills of Extacy, I stopped both.

Last fall at my going away party someone offered me some and I accepted. It didn't feel the same at all even though I was on some good MDA. It was simply confusing and not very much fun as it went on and on and ON.

I doubt I will use this substance ever again. This final time closed the chapter on K for me. Ketamine is the only substance I have ever died on, as in seeing your own death and believing it to be 100% real. It was an amazing experience to say the least.

Im really curious to here about your 'death' experience oly. Could you explain a little bit, like a mini trip report possibly!? Pretty pweesee Twisted Evil

You hooked me on the words "Ketamine is the only substance I have ever died on"

much love,
tat

Surely, I was leaving the legendary mega club Tunnel in NYC in 1996, Gad I'm old, and for the hour and a half ride home and stuffed in the hatchback of my friends car I decided to put my self in a K hole for the ride and wake up home.
I couldn't see too well back there and dumped a pile on my fist to do the bump and it sure did work.

I opened my eye at some point and night turned to day in a flash. My friend lost control of the vehicle and we flipped the car. Myself and 2 others were ejected form the vehicle with the sounds of crashing metal and glass and we layed there in the highway lifeless as other cars came to a screeching halt.

I was hovering above the wreckage watching people pull or bodies to the grassy area next to the highway and people yelling call 911!
The ambulances arrived and I knew I was dead along with my other friends. They pronounced me dead and put a white sheet over me as the blood seeped through in spots making a shroud of red death over me.

I remember fully accepting my death and there was no more fear, no more stress, no more pain or worries. It was over. I just re call the deep sorrow I felt for my family at such a stupid wasteful death.

I closed my spirits eyes and saw the white light and entered the void.

They next thong I remember was my friend shaking me and the sounds of car door shutting. We were home and it was again nightime. It was all a hallucination and I never touched Extacy or Ketamine again until the time I described last year and probably never will.

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Bancopuma
#43 Posted : 5/28/2013 9:48:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had one really deep and profound journey with K that was incredible. Some other fun/weird times, but certainly nothing really profound, and not something I really seek out these days. I would however like to echo the K + 2CB combination discovered at a festival last summer...so much fun, especially when dancing!

Apoc
#44 Posted : 5/29/2013 6:17:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

honestly..... I wish I could get some.

SHroomtroll
#45 Posted : 5/29/2013 9:44:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive saved about 50mg of 2cb and 500mg of mda to try with some K when i get home, will probably end up doing it at some festival or similar.

Not all myself of course.

zapped17
#46 Posted : 5/30/2013 8:15:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My honest feelings regarding K:

I have much experience with K, at both recreational and k-hole dosages. Recreationally (i.e., at the range of sub k-hole dosages), I find K to be very enjoyable and worthwhile - in moderation, or course. Ketamine is definitely potentially addictive, but not , I believe, to the extent that it is commonly described as being. Regarding the K-hole, however, I hold an opinion that seems to be contrary to the majority of individuals who have experienced that state. And I note that my opinion is based upon many many k-hole experiences.

Certainly, the k-hole is a very interesting state of consciousness - for anyone with psychonautic tendencies, it's well worth experiencing at least a few times. But for me, it doesn't come remotely close to being as awesome (in the true sense of the word) as any DMT breakthrough-level experience. Nor is it as anywhere near as meaningful, informative (i.e., of the psyche and the universe), or valuable. In contrast to what a proportion of others describe about the k-hole, I have never had an experience of a primordial universe, universal one-ness, different dimensions, alternate realities, or encounters with god or any other being/entities/intelligences. Prior to my first plunge into the k-hole, these kinds of things were what I was expecting to experience upon achieving that state. For me, it's never even been very visual at all. In my opinion, the K-hole, is merely like some kind of odd "mental arena" or "room" that one's mind creates and visits, in a temporary withdrawal from reality.

Nevertheless, there is something extrememly seductive about the K-hole state. Even more interestingly, there is something subtly - but very much so (once one realizes it) - "decadent" about it. This is hard to articulate, but it feels almost like an "unholy" or "sinful" state of consciousness to be in, at least frequently. I have no idea why I get this sense about it, and find it difficult to elucidate what I mean.

Lastly: THE greatest value of ketamine is without a doubt using it in lower, moderate doses in conjunction with DMT. Go to the "Known Substances-Interaction and Combinations" page on the Nexus' wiki, and you'll read why Big grin

Peaces, everyone!!!

EDIT: My experiences with ketamine have been with both the R and S isomers (mostly the S+, which is reputed to be the more potent and psychedelic of the two).

Nathanial.Dread
#47 Posted : 6/3/2013 7:25:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was very into Ketamine for a while. The first time I tried it, I ended up floating through a void and contemplating distances that we normally measure in light-years. It was amazing.

The end-game came when I mixed it with alcohol, blacked out, and ended up hitting on an ex-girlfriend at a topless party. It was stupid of me to mix drugs, my set and setting were all wrong and I learned a valuable lesson from it.

But for me, that was the end of Ketamine. I realized that it was starting to effect my behavior in ways that weren't good and it was sort of a wake-up call.

Never again, but believe me, I know the appeal.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

AluminumFoilRobots
#48 Posted : 6/6/2013 11:56:43 PM

gufyg

Hey DMT-nexus.

I had this posted as a separate thread, but decided to move it here in the interest of not having too many Ketamine threads.

I'll start by saying this: I enjoy dissociative psychedlics. I have gone through may forms of relationship to them - love, hate, indifferent, to where I am now with them, which is that I embrace their benefits and am very careful of their pitfalls. I find that they CAN BE soothing to the soul, introspective in a very epic way and altogether good for my psyche if I use them very sparingly. I can get depressed easily, and find dissociative use once every ninety days or so to be very good at helping. Not that I actually do them that often anymore. Almost exclusively my experience with them has been dextromethorphan, though I have had PCP(or an analogue) twice as well as half a gram of MXE. and Nitrous but it was rather impure and gave me headaches so I didn't enjoy it much. Just felt like undershooting a DXM trip for 3 minutes... probably wasn't getting enough due to the nastiness of the impurities and I would get a nasty headache if I did more than one container.

Anyway, I have always been curious about ketamine, and have researched it quite extensively in the past. It seemed to be easier, from what I've read, to reach that particular "mystic" union level with ketamine - which with DXM took a rather high dose to achieve. SO recently I acquired exactly 200 mg essentially for free from a family member; needless to say, I was excited! I know that the general mood toward ketamine and dissociatives generally around here isnt exactly positive, but I also know that there are a few people who find them beneficial as I do. I am fully aware of the general dangers of dissociatives, and am getting educated on the dangers of ketamine in particular.

OK my actual question is this: to anyone who has used this substance, what is the best ROA, especially for a first timer. I am really only considering insufflation and IM. I don't like insufflation as an ROA generally... in fact it is my least favorite way to take drug, I'd HONESTLY rather use a drug rectally than nasally. And I don't have enough material for oral or rectal administration, to get where I am trying to go with this stuff. Which leaves injection. ok, I know there is a general stigma against the use of needles in the psychedelic community for good reason- heroin and amphetamine IV use have been the bane of many a once-peaceful hippie. But I actually dont, there is a reason doctors use needles. But, then again, I have ZERO experience with injecting anything, and while I have access to clean needles and supplies I would be afraid of messing up the IM. I have heard of pain at the injection site for days or WEEKS afterwards?! I really don't want that, I hate little annoying pains like drugs outside of the blood vessels. I guess I'm just testing the water for members experienced with this drug who think it was beneficial.

Also, thank you to those who posted the addiction reports. It is certainly something that has to be known and out there, so that care can be taken by those who would seek to use it for good to NOT become addicted. It is worrisome for myself especially due to my teenage years' overuse/abuse/psychological addiction to Dextromethorphan - a problem which I actually seem to have "beaten" in that I quit altogether for a few years and within the past year or so have begun (rarely) delving back into that realm, seemingly without a problem. I have also used low-dose DXM to attenuate my (clinical) dependence on hydrocodone/kratom with some success for the past 6 months as well as to attenuate the effects of opioid withdrawal. None of this has caused me to use it compulsively again, making me think that my compulsive-use pattern was an artifact of my impulsive 15-18 y.o. mentality.
It also helps that I don't have any source for this stuff and I've actually NEVER come across it in my life before this 200mg was gifted to me.

Anyway, sorry for filling this thread up with not-an-impression-of-ketamine. I'll be sure to report back with that as soon as I've tried it.
ุจุณู… ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุงู„ุฑุญู…ู† ุงู„ุฑุญูŠู…

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

TRyptamine
#49 Posted : 2/8/2014 1:08:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There was a nice documentary i watched around 1 years ago about ''K''. The documentaries name is Drug Inc. This is a tv series in national geo and the episode they made for ''K'' is second season 5th episode. I was very impressed and learn alot from the documentary. it is highly recommended to watch if youre interested about ''K''. you can get the link to download below. I think after now finding ''K'' will be harder and more expensive around the world. Because the biggest base and the producer of ''K'' India just banned a couple of months ago . you cannot buy from the pharmacies easily like before anymore.

http://kickasstorrents.c...64-aac-mp4-t6980963.html

neb
#50 Posted : 7/30/2018 1:22:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an old post.. but I have something to add.. so i will.

I love ketamine, I have used and overused ketamine.

I have recently come to the conclusion that I don't see myself discontinuing use entirely as i find it to be a good tool for cultivating certain experiences, however, it is dangerous and makes it far to easy for me to just breeze through any psychedelic experience without full complete immersion, it just sucks me away and allows me to view life from a completely objective viewpoint, which can be beneficial, but it also makes the experience less, because you aren't even experiencing it anymore, its as if you are watching a movie, sitting in the back watching yourself experience without actually experiencing.

People have gotten addicted to this stuff and it is far to easy to reach these states without any work, just like.. 1 line and boom, you are there.

I think it can take away from a lot of the beneficial insights you can gain from psychedelic experiences..

ketamine is a true paradox. I want to restrict my use of it to about 1-5 times in a year at most.

ALL that being said. I have seen it help people with depression immensely. And it definitely has its place, but it is not easy to find. very easy to get out of hand, and hard to maintain a healthy relationship with the substance.

I would not recommend ketamine to anyone who is not an extremely experienced psychonaut. and even then, I wouldn't particularly recommend it either. Rather stick to the traditional psychedelics, they are tried and tested and definitely have a lot more to give you than ketamine does.

be weary
wake 'n breakthrough bebiii

Incal
#51 Posted : 8/2/2018 9:08:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

also adding to old thread as I have been using K regularly again. Using sporadically over fifteen years.

Using S,R and racemic. Usually insufflated but some i.m.

I don't use it unless I have an adjunct. MDMA, 2 CB, DMT, opium, crack. My first entity contacts were on K. The greys came to me, elves, places of demons, and most profound a place were the temperature was absolute zero and all the atoms and molecules were resting on a 2d plane. Between them a caravan of circus entities moved who were ball shaped and disinterested in me. I later found similar entities in hyperspace and believe the two experiences are linked in way other psychedelics don't link to DMT but I can't and won't try to explain this.

Recently my heroin and crack use was out of control and the night before admission to rehab I repeatedly K holed. A process of un-dying in which I was the frozen conciousness of a water wheel in a mill in the english early industrial revolution. I then interspersed k hole and bongs of changa and eventually was on the control deck of a vast spaceship surrounded by the alien crew. At this time I became aware that I was using the sacred as another drug of abuse. As neb says it makes the psychedelic experience into a lacklustre event to breeze through.

Clean 60 days now I found a gram of K I had stashed and had no problem disposing of it. Currently no desire for K to which I had a psychological addiction. I loved it and its diverse destinations. From fluffy clouds at festivals to existential terror as dimensions came apart and demons were present. It is a powerful, strange and repeatable hallucinogen. It lacks the structure of the DMT trip and led me to abuse DMT as well. The psychedelic heroin/psychedelic crack analogy holds for me. I found even harmala heavy changa to last no longer than the instant come down of a crack hit. It took away any spirit element of my DMT use and lead to me using more and more and more often.

I hope never to use K again although I will think fondly of my pre DMT dimension shifting , alien and entity encounters. I am now on a DMT hiatus but will extract again at some point but try to show more respect ( i lost for DMT and myself over these past few years ) and wait until called as I used to not because my K self smoked on auto pilot.

Sorry for long post and profoundly sorry for the drugged up and negative ramblings I have posted here on the Nexus.

K was not my only problem but it was a problem that escalated fast several times in my life and is widely misused and available here in Ireland. And I have missed out on the insights I have lost out on on DMT as K diminished them.

Namaste

Exitwound
#52 Posted : 11/16/2018 6:33:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I decided to experiment with various psychedelic substances and K is now on the table.

What can I say? So far experience is quite enjoyable.
50mg day 1, 60mg day 3, 60mg day 4. Insufflated.

I am reluctant to go for k hole yet.

During the most recent trip I felt that I am the one with every molecule around me and entire universe. It was liberating experience.
I also realized that consciousness can't be material in current scientific way of things.

I see potential in this substance for use as a supplementary tool for explorations. But I also see great risk for abuse.

form is emptiness
#53 Posted : 11/16/2018 10:59:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

was offered a line of white powder at party once
thought it was coke but was actually K
once it hit my intuitive reaction was that this was def not for me
nasty
yuk
not the direction my consciousness is interested in traveling

Exitwound
#54 Posted : 11/19/2018 6:06:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've just had a very powerful trip. With 3 strong peaks, and much more smaller ones. Each time I had dark pre-breakthrough dmt visuals and it felt like I can go for breakthrough but I pussied my way out and opened eyes each time.

Strangely dose was 45mg. Either the weed was too good or my scales need calibration.

Cactus Man
#55 Posted : 11/20/2018 4:35:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ive had a pretty good amount of experiences with Ketamine but I have never done enough for a full k-hole.

Ive tried Ketamine orally, intranasaly and intravenously.

Ketamine is a highly addicting substance for sure and is not a real psychedelic, it is strictly a dissociative.

I dont plan to use Ketamine ever again honestly, ive had more than enough for one life time.

Nydex
#56 Posted : 11/20/2018 8:29:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ketamine was extremely interesting for me in the first few times I tried a bigger dose.

I found my sweet spot to be ~75mg insufflated and another ~75mg with the same ROA ~30 minutes later.

The first 10 times I had a pleasant experience with a positive vibe to it. Quite interesting when you find yourself in a "space" where you don't really possess the capability to think, explain, exist or understand how you got "there", where exactly are you and what the f is going on.

My last few experiences have had a rather dark vibe though. And K has always been strictly dissociative for me. I wouldn't say it didn't have psychedelic nuances to it, but not the ones you'd experience on LSD for example. Waay more abstract and indescribable.

It is, as all substances, a tool to expand your consciousness if used with the proper intent and respect. Some people find it highly addictive, but for me addiction has always been a highly subjective term that is entirely based on weak links in one's self-control.

Much love. Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

PREV123