We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
The Key - Portable $5 Vaporizer - Assembly Instructions Options

OpeningPandorasBox
#21 Posted : 6/23/2013 8:24:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:

Glad to have you back. How are you these days and any improvements to make on the Key?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Thanks Traveler. I am good. On to new big things so I have been very busy with that. This place has a way of beckoning though. How are things with you and the Nexus?

As far as The Key I havent made any modifications since The Key V2. Now that you have me thinking however I do have an idea. An ideal way to deal with the heat, that would be much more practical and aesthetic then the wet rag, would be to wrap the device with leather. Simply get a raw leather strip, soak it in water, wrap it to cover all of the exposed brass, and then let it dry and shrink. If you wrap it correctly it should never come loose and should hold up to quite a bit of heat. If someone wants to try it I would be happy to give guidance on the process.

OPB
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Elrik
#22 Posted : 7/30/2018 10:42:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I'm nearing my 5 year DMT anniversary and after dozens of oral trips I decided its time to finally try smoking it Laughing
I started by poking around the scrap metal bins in my shop to get ideas and I found these surgical stainless steel fittings that would go right into this style of DMT pipe.
The male side has a much narrower bore than shown on the brass fittings in this thread, its 10 mm in diameter. It would be trivially easy to bore it out to 15 mm to hold more herb and hold less heat but then I got to thinking about the taper at the base of that bore.
As it is right now, the air current would be at near full heat and speed when it hit the herb.
If I bore it out I'll still leave a taper at the bore bottom but the hot air will be spread out quite a bit. I'm not building this for parties so I wouldnt need a huge 'bowl'.
Has anyone tried different variations enough to give an opinion on if a narrower bore would give stronger, more reliable hits or if there would be little difference?
It may seem I'm over thinking it. "Just put it together and smoalk!" But, since I do have a shop, if I fall in love with smoked DMT I might make a custom gem studded epic uber Key, and at that point I'd still have to decide on a bore diameter and depth Wink
Elrik attached the following image(s):
200_8450.jpg (30kb) downloaded 72 time(s).
200_8451.jpg (37kb) downloaded 72 time(s).

PREV12