We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Vodka Bottles as Glass Containers? Options

brazilman
#21 Posted : 7/30/2018 8:27:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

pete666 wrote:
I know how much dmt is in the np before I freeze-precip.

Can you explain this to me?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

pete666
#22 Posted : 7/30/2018 8:49:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

brazilman wrote:
pete666 wrote:
I know how much dmt is in the np before I freeze-precip.

Can you explain this to me?

When you have np with dmt freebase, you can turn it into dmt salt (HCl in my case). This is called back-salting. Titration is iterative process, when you add some water to np (about 1/4 compared to np) and then you add small amount of acid of known strength and mix for few minutes, best when heated to 60-80C. Then pH is measured (pH papers are OK for this). If pH>7, there is still dmt freebase. If pH=7, then most of dmt is converted to the salt form and there is minimum (5-10%) of dmt freebase. If pH=5,5 then everything is in salt form. So this is repeated until pH is neutral or slightly acidic. Amount of added acid is telling us how much dmt is there (+-5% if done properly). Of course we have to know how much acid we need for every gram of dmt freebase. This can be calculated, which is not problem.
Finally we get water with dmt HCl, np without any dmt freebase and knowledge how much dmt is there. We decide whether it is worth to do next pull, because we know how much was in previous one. We reuse the np for next pull and we collect the water with salted dmt. After all pulls, we evaporate the water to about 1/3 and basify by NaOH. Then we can pull with hot heptane and we know how much heptane to use, because we know how much dmt freebase is there. We freeze-precip dmt freebase from that heptane avoiding anything that precipitates above room temp, taking all down to -20C. Avoided orange dmt is put back and next heptane pull is done with less heptane.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

brazilman
#23 Posted : 7/30/2018 9:30:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. I'm sticking to just a simple stb for now but I'll definitely look into that.

PREV12