We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Desmanthus illinoensis success PICS Options

skoobysnax
#1 Posted : 4/16/2018 4:54:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

52g of DIRB yielded 900mg of a light tan wax that is easy to handle. Did 6X pulls with 99% IPA on a q21q21 style tek for preparation of the material which was dried completely before the pulls. The pulls were combined, settled and filtered several times over 3 weeks until I got a clear yellowish solvent. This was slowly evaporated over 2 weeks. Smells like new shoes with a floral hint.

I am unsure if gramine came through. Sending a bit out to have it tested. EDIT: Did a naptha Re-X today and a lot of gunk did not dissolve. will post results. The naptha clouded in the dis so I am hopeful but nowhere cloese to the first yield.
skoobysnax attached the following image(s):
DIRB.png (8,509kb) downloaded 543 time(s).
des.png (8,733kb) downloaded 537 time(s).
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

roninsina
#2 Posted : 4/17/2018 7:26:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's great news, skoobysnax!

I collected about 300 grams of DIRB last July with high hopes of announcing results like yours, but was greatly disappointed as my final yield was only about 30mg of goo. I held back from announcing my results in the desmanthus thread in the Collaborative Research Project, as I didn't want to take the chance of discouraging others.

I collected my specimens from a government planted prairie restoration, and have some suspicions that the particular variety may have been the cause of my low yield.

The plants were all mature with brown pods that were dropping seed and about waist high (fully grown in my area). I'm wondering what the growing conditions/maturity were like for your DIRB sample?
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

skoobysnax
#3 Posted : 6/21/2018 6:26:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are the first set of results via Energy Control (props and thx to ENDLESSNESS) for helping me connect.

The DI IPA contains (presumably in order of quantity): hordenine + DMT + NMT + unknown + 2-MTHBC + another minor unknown
DI naphta (a basic clean-up of the first extraction looked to be around 100mg of goo) contains: hordenine + DMT + NMT + 2-MTHBC

The high level of hordenine as a result of a drytek rather than aqueous basing is presumed.

1st year plants, zone 8, harvested after plants seeded and appeared dead on top, (roots overwinter though)
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Quetzal7
#4 Posted : 7/22/2018 9:05:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thx for your work ! I'm really grateful people like you are researching a potential DMT source for our climate Smile

Justintime
#5 Posted : 7/22/2018 9:13:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for your work with this.
.....Your....head...is..in.your(head0daeh)ruoy.ni..si...deah....ruoY.....

Elrik
#6 Posted : 7/23/2018 5:21:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great work skooby.
Was there any estimation of relative proportions of those alkaloids?
Its good to see there was more DMT than NMT but I'm curious just how far hordenine dominated.
roninsina wrote:
...I collected about 300 grams of DIRB last July with high hopes of announcing results like yours, but was greatly disappointed as my final yield was only about 30mg of goo...
July would have been the worst time to harvest, in terms of alkaloid yield. You could try again in november or just before the ground freezes.

skoobysnax
#7 Posted : 7/27/2018 3:01:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So the results were not great Neutral The way it smelled I thought I struck gold lol, that sweet indole...
First sample is 0.012%DMT and 0.008% NMT
Re-x sample is 0.037%DMT and 0.0024%NMT

So that means hordenine was really high.

In early winter I will try the second year plants and do cyb's tek (this was a dry tek with IPA as solvent) and see if the results are better. The advice that hordenine would stay in the aqueous phase was given and waiting until November is a great idea.

Why am I here?

skoobysnax
#8 Posted : 7/27/2018 3:03:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good news was no indication of gramine

Why am I here?

grollum
#9 Posted : 10/15/2018 7:57:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:

Thanks for the extraction!
Did you analyse it? Or how do you know?

skoobysnax
#10 Posted : 10/25/2018 4:50:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

grollum wrote:
skoobysnax wrote:

Thanks for the extraction!
Did you analyse it? Or how do you know?

Sent sample to energy control

Why am I here?

grollum
#11 Posted : 10/25/2018 2:03:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok cool. thanks! didnt know about energy control. was always asking myself if there is something like this in europe.
What kind of analysis protocol do you get from them?

Yumi
#12 Posted : 2/10/2019 10:33:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Seeing your results I feel kind of silly I didn't continue my Illioensis projects. In any case bravo!
The Snakes Den \m/\m/

" Speak the ancient wisdom of the desert "

skoobysnax
#13 Posted : 2/11/2019 4:05:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yumi wrote:
Seeing your results I feel kind of silly I didn't continue my Illioensis projects. In any case bravo!

TBH the DMT yield was very low. I did find seeds for D. leptobulus I will plant in the spring. I don't trust the soils the original plants were in so I did not harvest roots. Railroad tracks and spray...

Why am I here?

grollum
#14 Posted : 2/11/2019 2:57:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Railroads would be an awesome place to plant some plants. Sadly railway companies often spray tons of Glyphosat and other chemicals to keep the vegetation small.